Your body routinely processes and eliminates toxins via urine, feces, perspiration, and breath.
For the typical North American, however, toxins accumulated from fluoridated water, foods, and the environment can build up past the point at which the body can efficiently purge them. This forces toxins to accumulate in your fat cells and contributes to obesity, illness, and fatigue.
That’s why weight loss is typically a part of the detox process, and the best way to get your body back on track is by changing your diet. We recommend super green detox drinks that will rid your body of ALL toxins.
Juice: It’s Not Just for Breakfast Anymore
Juicing is an easy way to throw a bunch of superfoods into one meal and heal your body from the inside out.
Incorporating freshly-made juices into your diet results in a variety of healthful outcomes. It has been known to even put cancer in remission.
Antioxidants contained in fresh fruits and vegetables are critical for preventing cell oxidation and eliminating waste.
When it comes to juice, it’s always a good idea to add a bit of fruit to keep your sweet tooth satisfied. However, avoid using too much: fruits contain high sugar levels and too much sugar (even the naturally-occurring kind) can have detrimental effects.
Fruits also contain acids that can gradually wear down your tooth enamel, which can be avoided by drinking through a straw. A good rule of thumb is to make juice containing 20% fruit and 80% vegetables.
Combined, their juice gives you a strong dose of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients to support your immune system and facilitate the detoxification process. Additionally, a robust juice can replace or supplement a meal whilst lowering your fat and calorie intake and keeping you satisfied.
To lose weight through calorie intake, aim to consume 500 calories fewer than your suggested calorie intake per height and activity level. As with any weight loss journey, it’s best to consult a nutritionist or a doctor before dramatically cutting back your calories.
If you don’t know where to start, try the combinations below!
While the ideal juices should include more veggies some people prefer juices that contain only fruits. This is especially true for individuals who’ve only started eating healthy and need a bit of time adjusting to natural flavors.
In this case, the best time to take these would be after a workout.
- Cranberry, prune, red grape: the red pigment they contain, resveratrol, is a powerful antioxidant (1).
- Pear and apple provide fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals while having a low caloric content (2,3). Apples also improve heart function and regulate intestinal bacteria (4).
- Watermelon and apple : watermelon detoxifies the kidneys, and contains vitamins A, B6, and C; potassium; lycopene , and the amino acid citrulline, which prevents Alzheimer’s disease (5,6).
- Orange and grapefruit are both rich in vitamin C, a formidable antiviral, antibacterial, and antioxidant compound that supports the immune system.
- Apple, pineapple, pear: pineapple has loads of vitamins A and C, calcium and iron (7). It’s also the only food source of bromelain, an anti-inflammatory enzyme.
1. Cucumber, Parsley, Celery, and Ginger
Cucumber is hydrating (promoting waste elimination) and the antioxidant lignan helps the body to rid itself of excess estrogen, combating the effect of “estrogen dominance” that often results from eating processed foods and being exposed to environmental toxins (8).
Parsley is packed with vitamins A and C; its phytonutrients apigenin and myristicin detoxify your body by supporting liver enzyme production. It’s also a gentle diuretic.
Celery is rich in fiber and requires your body to spend more calories digesting it than the vegetable contains.
Ginger is a potent antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory rhizome that stimulates digestion to help move food (and toxins) through the gastrointestinal tract. It also adds a little kick of spice to your juice.
2. Celery, Tomato, Dill, and Spinach
Tomatoes provide lycopene and vitamins A, C, E, K, and the B complex, along with fiber, calcium, and iron (9).
Lastly, spinach is high is iron and promotes brain and eye health.
3. Spinach, Ginger, Cayenne, Tomato, and Garlic
4. Lemon, Dill, Cabbage, and Spinach
As with other citrus fruits, lemon contains high amounts of vitamin C and fiber. It promotes detoxification with its antioxidant properties.
Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable—antioxidant-rich and shown to be effective in removing toxins, including excess estrogen. The phytonutrients in cruciferous vegetables increase the body’s production of glutathione, which is known to attach itself to heavy metals in the body and carry them through digestion for elimination (12).
5. Celery, Garlic, Sweet basil, Kale, and Tomato
Garlic contains organosulfur compounds that are released when garlic is broken. The sulfur inhibits excess cell proliferation and kills abnormal cells so the body’s natural processes can flush them out (13).
Basil reduces the levels of the stress hormone cortisol and improves adrenal function (14).
Veggie And Fruit Juicing Recipes
Simply add all the ingredients to your blender and pulse until smooth.
- Green apple, kale, mint, cucumber, and strawberry.
- Blueberry, cucumber, cabbage, mint, and raspberry.
- Watermelon, pineapple, mango and orange bell pepper.
- Pineapple, spinach, watermelon, cayenne, and orange.
- Orange, ginger, lime, cucumber, and lemon.
Isn’t juicing a hassle?
Store-bought bottled juices are not nearly as nutritious (or tasty!) as those freshly made juice, as age degrades potency. Some have added sugars or other flavor enhancers and many are pasteurized, which kills most of their nutrients.
In addition, they are most often stored in plastic bottles, which carry their own health hazards. Juicing at home also allows you to use a blender instead of a juice machine to keep all the gut-healthy fiber from the produce you’re juicing. Once you get used to drinking your own juice blends, you won’t ever want to go back to the store-bought stuff!
- Natural Compound Found in Blueberries Help Lower Diabetes Risk and Body Fat
You may have heard about the miracle antioxidant resveratrol, found in blueberries, grapes and red wine. But did you know …
- 8 Bizarre Looking Veggies That Are Good For You
Shopping for fresh produce at the farmer’s market is always an exciting experience. Aside from getting the best, most fresh, …
- Enjoy Artichoke Season with These Recipes
Artichokes are, perhaps surprisingly, very high in antioxidants, and also contain plenty of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Most readily available …
- 2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar Before Bed Will Have THIS Effect On Your Blood Sugar Levels
Apple cider vinegar is used for a lot of different purposes – people use it to wash their hair, aid …
- 10 Proven Herbs That Will Help Reduce Your Dependence On Cholesterol Drugs
Our dependence on drug therapy to reduce cholesterol is staggering and approximately 15% of the top prescribed medications in the …
- Cabbage: Natural Medicine For Cancer, Diabetes And More
When you think of cabbage, you likely think of wonderful summer picnics with grandma’s special coleslaw recipe or a nice …
- Top 7 Foods High In Potassium And Low In Sugar
Cheap and plentiful, bananas are a popular source for potassium, an important nutrient that we all need to get from …
- Here’s Why You Should Stop Using Canola Oil or Margarine!
Vegetable oils and margarine are some of the most misunderstood and over-recommended foods in the health community. You’ve probably heard …
- Apricot Seeds Kill Cancer Cells Without Side Effects
While fresh apricots may not be the most available fruit—they are only in season in North America from May to …
- Soda Companies Knowingly Sell Cancer in a Can
Sodium benzoate, a preservative used commonly in soda drinks, when mixed with citric acid or ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) can …
- Does Garcinia Cambogia Extract Really Work – No BS Review
Garcinia Cambogia, what is it and what does it do? It has been touted as a wonder supplement by the …
- How To Stop Sugar Cravings – 3 Simple Action Steps
People are starting to realize that sugar is not very good for you. Well, people have known for a long …
- They Thought She Was Crazy. Eating Well on 4$ a Day?! But When She Made This… Simply Amazing!
Eating a nutritious meal often proves to be a huge undertaking for millions of Americans, especially those with an average …
- 16 Herbs and Spices to Fight Diabetes That Don’t Taste Like Grass (You Won’t Regret Trying No. 10)
Diabetes is the 7th leading cause of death in the United States. More than 29.1 million Americans are diabetic of which 8 …
- 3 Ways Eating Tofu Interferes With The Absorption of Vital Nutrients, Including Magnesium!
Tofu is a vegetarian hero. The healthcare community has long put it on a pedestal, but increasing evidence is showing …