Your body routinely processes and eliminates toxins via urine, feces, perspiration, and breath.
For the typical North American, however, toxins accumulated from fluoridated water, foods, and the environment can build up past the point at which the body can efficiently purge them. This forces toxins to accumulate in your fat cells and contributes to obesity, illness, and fatigue.
That’s why weight loss is typically a part of the detox process, and the best way to get your body back on track is by changing your diet. We recommend super green detox drinks that will rid your body of ALL toxins.
Juice: It’s Not Just for Breakfast Anymore
Juicing is an easy way to throw a bunch of superfoods into one meal and heal your body from the inside out.
Incorporating freshly-made juices into your diet results in a variety of healthful outcomes. It has been known to even put cancer in remission.
Antioxidants contained in fresh fruits and vegetables are critical for preventing cell oxidation and eliminating waste.
When it comes to juice, it’s always a good idea to add a bit of fruit to keep your sweet tooth satisfied. However, avoid using too much: fruits contain high sugar levels and too much sugar (even the naturally-occurring kind) can have detrimental effects.
Fruits also contain acids that can gradually wear down your tooth enamel, which can be avoided by drinking through a straw. A good rule of thumb is to make juice containing 20% fruit and 80% vegetables.
Combined, their juice gives you a strong dose of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients to support your immune system and facilitate the detoxification process. Additionally, a robust juice can replace or supplement a meal whilst lowering your fat and calorie intake and keeping you satisfied.
To lose weight through calorie intake, aim to consume 500 calories fewer than your suggested calorie intake per height and activity level. As with any weight loss journey, it’s best to consult a nutritionist or a doctor before dramatically cutting back your calories.
If you don’t know where to start, try the combinations below!
While the ideal juices should include more veggies some people prefer juices that contain only fruits. This is especially true for individuals who’ve only started eating healthy and need a bit of time adjusting to natural flavors.
In this case, the best time to take these would be after a workout.
- Cranberry, prune, red grape: the red pigment they contain, resveratrol, is a powerful antioxidant (1).
- Pear and apple provide fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals while having a low caloric content (2,3). Apples also improve heart function and regulate intestinal bacteria (4).
- Watermelon and apple : watermelon detoxifies the kidneys, and contains vitamins A, B6, and C; potassium; lycopene , and the amino acid citrulline, which prevents Alzheimer’s disease (5,6).
- Orange and grapefruit are both rich in vitamin C, a formidable antiviral, antibacterial, and antioxidant compound that supports the immune system.
- Apple, pineapple, pear: pineapple has loads of vitamins A and C, calcium and iron (7). It’s also the only food source of bromelain, an anti-inflammatory enzyme.
1. Cucumber, Parsley, Celery, and Ginger
Cucumber is hydrating (promoting waste elimination) and the antioxidant lignan helps the body to rid itself of excess estrogen, combating the effect of “estrogen dominance” that often results from eating processed foods and being exposed to environmental toxins (8).
Parsley is packed with vitamins A and C; its phytonutrients apigenin and myristicin detoxify your body by supporting liver enzyme production. It’s also a gentle diuretic.
Celery is rich in fiber and requires your body to spend more calories digesting it than the vegetable contains.
Ginger is a potent antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory rhizome that stimulates digestion to help move food (and toxins) through the gastrointestinal tract. It also adds a little kick of spice to your juice.
2. Celery, Tomato, Dill, and Spinach
Tomatoes provide lycopene and vitamins A, C, E, K, and the B complex, along with fiber, calcium, and iron (9).
Lastly, spinach is high is iron and promotes brain and eye health.
3. Spinach, Ginger, Cayenne, Tomato, and Garlic
4. Lemon, Dill, Cabbage, and Spinach
As with other citrus fruits, lemon contains high amounts of vitamin C and fiber. It promotes detoxification with its antioxidant properties.
Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable—antioxidant-rich and shown to be effective in removing toxins, including excess estrogen. The phytonutrients in cruciferous vegetables increase the body’s production of glutathione, which is known to attach itself to heavy metals in the body and carry them through digestion for elimination (12).
5. Celery, Garlic, Sweet basil, Kale, and Tomato
Garlic contains organosulfur compounds that are released when garlic is broken. The sulfur inhibits excess cell proliferation and kills abnormal cells so the body’s natural processes can flush them out (13).
Basil reduces the levels of the stress hormone cortisol and improves adrenal function (14).
Veggie And Fruit Juicing Recipes
Simply add all the ingredients to your blender and pulse until smooth.
- Green apple, kale, mint, cucumber, and strawberry.
- Blueberry, cucumber, cabbage, mint, and raspberry.
- Watermelon, pineapple, mango and orange bell pepper.
- Pineapple, spinach, watermelon, cayenne, and orange.
- Orange, ginger, lime, cucumber, and lemon.
Isn’t juicing a hassle?
Store-bought bottled juices are not nearly as nutritious (or tasty!) as those freshly made juice, as age degrades potency. Some have added sugars or other flavor enhancers and many are pasteurized, which kills most of their nutrients.
In addition, they are most often stored in plastic bottles, which carry their own health hazards. Juicing at home also allows you to use a blender instead of a juice machine to keep all the gut-healthy fiber from the produce you’re juicing. Once you get used to drinking your own juice blends, you won’t ever want to go back to the store-bought stuff!
- 4 Anti-Inflammatory Foods You Should Always Have at Home (No. 3 is Probably Something You Use Daily)
Health news gives us the overriding impression that cancer, dementia, stroke, heart disease, and diabetes are things that simply happen …
- This 3-Ingredient Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Is High In Potassium And Protein
Chocolate cake is one of the most popular indulgences in the world. But anyone who’s ever tried to lose weight …
- Top 8 Healthiest Foods to Eat To Lose Weight
#1 Liver If there ever was a superfood, it would be liver. Ounce for ounce it contains far more nutrients …
- Natural Compound Found in Grapes Protects DNA, Cuts Risk of Heart Disease and Cancer
This powerful polyphenol is no stranger to news headlines and the health-minded people who are privy to various findings about it. …
- 7 Tasty Teas to Boost Your Health
We’ve all heard that tea is good for our health, but what types of teas do what, exactly? This article …
- Food Companies Are Doing Everything To Keep This One New Line Off of Nutrition Labels
This should be interesting. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has proposed a new regulation requiring a new line …
- John Oliver Calls Out Sugar Industry, Demands They #ShowUsYourPeanuts
How much sugar are you eating? Odds are you don’t know, and as John Oliver pointed out Sunday on “Last …
- The 5 Worst Sweeteners That Kill Your Liver And Their Natural Alternatives
Glucose is your brain’s favourite food (1). It’s also an important source of fuel for your whole body. Your body produces …
- Grain-Free Flatbread Recipe: 10 Healthy Ways to Keep Bread In Your Diet
True celiac disease is relatively uncommon. It is an autoimmune condition in which your body simply cannot process the proteins …
- Pickled Cabbage: New Research Reveals it May Help with Allergies, Coughs, Colds and More
We’ve heard about probiotics and how they are beneficial to our digestive system. Yogurt brands fall all over themselves with …
- How Many Meals Should You Eat Per Day?
Ah, the age-old question of healthy eating. Some say stick to three meals a day, with no snacking. Others say …
- Matcha Tea Health Benefits Include Over 100 Times More Antioxidants Than Regular Green Tea
The health benefits of green tea have been studied and documented. The source of these are the antioxidant and amino acid …
- 6 Seasonal Recipes: Late Spring
There’s nothing fresher than in-season food. While the exact time frame of what’s freshest when might vary somewhat in your …
- This is The Easiest, Simplest Way to Make a Healthy Delicious Snack.
This snack idea came from a photo shoot, let me explain. Every photo shoot is catered whether it is in …
- Boost Your Mood With Coconut Oil…It Works Better Than Popular Anti-Anxiety Drugs!
We need healthy fats for our brains to function properly, which coconut oil abundantly provides. (1) Lack of proper brain …