Ginger has been used medicinally in China and India for over 5000 years.
Ginger tea can do so much more than just cure a cold.
Why Is Ginger Used To Fight Colds?
Ginger fight infections caused by viruses and bacteria. It works particularly well against the viruses that cause influenza, colds and cold sores. It also boosts your immune system to help your body win the fight.
Ginger also treats symptoms associated to colds and the flu, such as sore muscles, headaches, stomach aches, nausea and diarrhea.
Other Ginger Benefits
Ginger can be taken in a dry, powdered form or eaten directly from the root. It’s full of vitamin C, magnesium, copper and manganese (1).
Ginger is known to (2)(3)(4):
- Kill parasites
- Heal osteoarthritis
- Ease menstrual pain
- Reduce risk of stroke
- Prevent morning sickness
- Manage side effects of chemotherapy
- Reduce joint and muscle pain
- Prevent stroke
- Fight asthma
How Ginger Can Protect Your Liver
It’s even effective in preventing liver cancer thanks to its anti-inflammatory compounds (6).
Using Ginger To Cure Kidney Stones
Drinking ginger tea or ginger ale prevents kidney stones by keeping you hydrated (7). The more fluid your kidneys have access to, the more they can expel toxins through urine. In short, proper urine volume helps clear the kidneys of stone-causing minerals.
Ginger also contains citrate, which helps prevent the formation of stones. Add a dash of freshly squeezed lemon or orange juice to your ginger tea to take advantage of these benefits.
All-In-One Ginger Tea Recipe
The perfect drink to bring all of these benefits together!
- Organic honey (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, heat water to a boil.
- Add turmeric and ginger and let it simmer on medium heat for 7-10 minutes.
- Lower heat and add milk, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat just before it boils and add lemon juice.
- Strain tea into a cup and add honey.
- Enjoy once cool.
This tea is really quite delicious, but don’t drink it as dessert! Ginger is a stimulant, so it may make it harder for you to fall asleep. It can help with mental clarity, so drink it in the morning instead!
- 4 Easily Digestible Juice Recipes To Elevate Your Mood And Energy Levels
Depression is a mood disorder which affects the lives of many Americans. Left untreated, it can wreak havoc on your work …
- 10 Recipes That Prove Being Vegan Doesn’t Have to Suck
Vegans and vegetarians have to be more cautious in ensuring that they meet their daily nutritional needs. The same could …
- 14 Ways To Make Turmeric Drinks To Reduce Pain And Inflammation
Turmeric is by far one of the most popular and celebrated health foods of the decade. It’s been around for …
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- 5 Delicious Fruit-Infused Water Recipes To Drink Instead Of Soda
Soda can feel like a cool, refreshing drink on a hot day, but it’s hardly the most health-conscious option available. …
- 5 Nourishing Carrot Recipes. #3 Will Make You Drool.
Many parents try telling their children that the more carrots they eat – the better they will be able to …
- Here’s a Natural Pain Reliever Idea That Doesn’t Require Pills
Rosemary is a multifunctional herb which has been used for centuries in traditional medicines all around the world. It is …
- Drink This Medicinal Tea To Detoxify Your Liver And Strengthen Your Immune System
Take your morning warm lemon water ritual to a new level with the anti-inflammatory and detoxing powers of ginger and …
- The Only 2 Reasons You’ll Ever Need to Add Cinnamon Oil to Everything You Eat
Cinnamon is a common spice that has been used medicinally for hundreds of years, and with good reason – studies …
- 13 Delicious Ways to Make Homemade Hummus (Recipes Included)
Hummus is a great dish and its main ingredient, chickpeas, offer a plethora of health benefits. They’re an excellent source …
- Recipes from the Pantry: Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an interesting and less frequently used alternative to white, balsamic, or red wine vinegar, with all …
- Eat More Omega-3s With 6 Walnut Recipes
Walnuts are one of the best plant-based sources of Omega-3s that you can find, and these mildly-flavored nuts pack in …
- Eat More Kale With These 6 Recipes
Spring is the best time of year for leafy greens like kale. Ranked as one of the healthiest vegetables that …
- 9 Amazing “No-Bread” Sandwich Ideas That Will Make You Drool
In recent years, many people have sworn off bread due to gluten intolerance or weight gain. So what is it like …
- 5 Detox ‘Shots’ To Alkalize Your Body First Thing In The Morning
Ever wonder why mornings are so rough? Your body’s ph levels may be responsible. While you sleep, your body is …