Ginger has been used medicinally in China and India for over 5000 years.
Ginger tea can do so much more than just cure a cold.
Why Is Ginger Used To Fight Colds?
Ginger fight infections caused by viruses and bacteria. It works particularly well against the viruses that cause influenza, colds and cold sores. It also boosts your immune system to help your body win the fight.
Ginger also treats symptoms associated to colds and the flu, such as sore muscles, headaches, stomach aches, nausea and diarrhea.
Other Ginger Benefits
Ginger can be taken in a dry, powdered form or eaten directly from the root. It’s full of vitamin C, magnesium, copper and manganese (1).
Ginger is known to (2)(3)(4):
- Kill parasites
- Heal osteoarthritis
- Ease menstrual pain
- Reduce risk of stroke
- Prevent morning sickness
- Manage side effects of chemotherapy
- Reduce joint and muscle pain
- Prevent stroke
- Fight asthma
How Ginger Can Protect Your Liver
It’s even effective in preventing liver cancer thanks to its anti-inflammatory compounds (6).
Using Ginger To Cure Kidney Stones
Drinking ginger tea or ginger ale prevents kidney stones by keeping you hydrated (7). The more fluid your kidneys have access to, the more they can expel toxins through urine. In short, proper urine volume helps clear the kidneys of stone-causing minerals.
Ginger also contains citrate, which helps prevent the formation of stones. Add a dash of freshly squeezed lemon or orange juice to your ginger tea to take advantage of these benefits.
All-In-One Ginger Tea Recipe
The perfect drink to bring all of these benefits together!
- Organic honey (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, heat water to a boil.
- Add turmeric and ginger and let it simmer on medium heat for 7-10 minutes.
- Lower heat and add milk, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat just before it boils and add lemon juice.
- Strain tea into a cup and add honey.
- Enjoy once cool.
This tea is really quite delicious, but don’t drink it as dessert! Ginger is a stimulant, so it may make it harder for you to fall asleep. It can help with mental clarity, so drink it in the morning instead!
- A Green Smoothie That Doesn’t Taste Like Grass!
If you’re looking for a super-clean, super-tasty start to the day when you wake up in the morning, be sure …
- Slice Potatoes And Put Them In A Muffin Pan. They’ll Come Out Of The Oven A Family Favorite!
Potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. Easy to digest, potatoes have been a staple for people living in areas with …
- Ginger Lemon Tea Recipe To Detox Your Body And Get Rid of Bloating
In today’s world, we face increasing amounts of chemicals than ever before. It’s present in our food, household products and even in the air (1). In addition …
- 12 Recipes for Gluten-Free Cookies You Won’t Be Able to Resist
Gluten is becoming an ever-increasing concern in the Western diet. The volume of people with wheat allergies or sensitivities across …
- Refreshing Homemade Ginger Ale to Help You Deal With Migraines And Inflammation
Ginger is a versatile, cheap, and easy-to-find spice that can be used in all sorts of recipes, but most importantly …
- This Easy DIY Homemade Ketchup Is So Good, You’ll Never Go Back To The Store-Bought Stuff!
Ah, ketchup. It’s the favorite condiment of toddlers and kids everywhere for hot dogs, chicken nugget, and french fries. But …
- 13 Delicious Ways to Make Homemade Hummus (Recipes Included)
Hummus is a great dish and its main ingredient, chickpeas, offer a plethora of health benefits. They’re an excellent source …
- 5 Detox ‘Shots’ To Alkalize Your Body First Thing In The Morning
Ever wonder why mornings are so rough? Your body’s ph levels may be responsible. While you sleep, your body is …
- Want To Make Guacamole That Tastes Just Like Chipotle’s? Here’s What You’ll Need.
Avocados are a food that seems to embody our constantly evolving understanding of what’s good for us. Once shunned for …
- Drink This Ancient Detox Tea To Cleanse The Liver, Boost Memory and Reduce Muscle Pain
There’s no shortage of recipes for detoxifying teas and other beverages, but unlike many, this recipe has withstood the test …
- Eat More Omega-3s With 6 Walnut Recipes
Walnuts are one of the best plant-based sources of Omega-3s that you can find, and these mildly-flavored nuts pack in …
- 9 Amazing “No-Bread” Sandwich Ideas That Will Make You Drool
In recent years, many people have sworn off bread due to gluten intolerance or weight gain. So what is it like …
- Pack In Protein With These Chickpea Recipes
Chickpeas (garbanzo beans) are a super versatile, low fat, and high fiber protein source rich in important minerals like phosphorus …
- How To Make Vegan Cheese Using Cashews
Extra smooth with a subtle garlic flavor, this vegan cheese with cashews will make you forget about dairy. Guess what! You …
- Make This Delicious And Easy Vegan Whipped Cream Recipe Using ONLY 3 Ingredients
If you’re lactose intolerant or simply prefer vegan recipes, you’ll love this! This vegan whipped cream is unlike anything you’ve …