5. Avocado Breakfast Tostada
This tostada is bursting with flavor to wake you up, mouth first! Serve it alongside other avocado recipes on this list, like the guacamole and salsa!
- 4 corn tostadas
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- pinch chili powder
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- pinch paprika
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 4 slices ripe tomato
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced bell pepper mix
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 4 Tbsp. shredded cheese
- sour cream for garnish (optional)
- Place the tostados on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, seasoning, and milk; set aside.
- Prepare the avocado. With a sharp knife that is longer than the avocado, cut the avocado, lengthwise, around the seed.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the avocado meat. Cut into twelve slices.
- Squeeze, and gently toss, with lemon or lime juice to prevent discoloring. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently, until fragrant. Add pepper and onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- When vegetables are soft, add the eggs. Stir to scramble, about 3 minutes, depending on preference for doneness. Remove from heat.
- Turn oven broiler on to heat while assembling the tostadas. Place one tomato slice on tostada. Add ¼ of the egg mixture to each tomato slice.
- Top with three slices of avocado. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of cheese on each tostadas. Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
6. Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Burrito
Who doesn’t love a breakfast burrito?
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 2-3 tbsp black beans
- 1-2 eggs
- Salsa, fresh or jarred
- Fresh avocado
- 1/4-1/2 jalapeno pepper, diced small
- Other veggies fresh or grilled/sauteed
- Crumbled queso fresco
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Fresh cilantro
- Gather all your ingredients, and slice/chop any vegetables. If you’d like them sauteed or grilled, go ahead and cook them, then set aside.
- Cook the eggs however you prefer them.
- Warm the tortilla slightly to make it pliable, and fill with your ingredients.
- Fold in the ends of the tortilla, then roll it up and enjoy!