Even their seeds are extremely nutritious and versatile!
And when you start craving one, waiting 3-4 days for them to ripen just won’t do.
The guacamole for your cocktail party won’t wait. So what do you do?
Firm bright green avocados are certainly edible, but they aren’t as sweet, creamy or as easy to use as when fully ripe.
There are many tricks that can quickly ripen this fruit, but they all have their flaws: If you cut one up and steam or fry it, it will be too bitter, and if you place it in a paper bag with an apple or a banana, you’ll still have to wait 2-3 days before it reaches its peak.
So how can you soften the avocado quickly without affecting the flavor or texture of this delicate fruit?
How To Ripen An Avocado
All you need to do is preheat the oven to 200°F. Wrap the avocado tightly in aluminum foil and bake it for ten minutes. That’s it!
The flesh will be a little gooier than if it had ripened on its own but otherwise it’s soft enough to use.
Now that you have a ripe avocado, why not try one of these recipes?
Avocados aren’t just good for eating, you can also use it as a beauty product.
When applied topically, your skin absorbs the fruit’s moisturizing fats and the calcium, potassium, copper, magnesium, and vitamins C, A, B, E, and K it contains.
You can even mix a full avocado with a teaspoon each of honey and coconut oil and apply it to your face and hair as a beauty mask. The hydrating fruit will promote blood circulation, improve skin elasticity and repair cell damage (2,3).
Turn that brown upside down
As you probably know, if you don’t use the entire avocado in one sitting, it will quickly turn brown and mushy. To keep it fresh, all you need to do is place it in a container with red onions.
You can also mash it and keep it in your freezer for up to a year!
- Eat Better, And Your Friends Will, Too!
If you’ve ever tried to lose weight, you probably know how hard it can be to stick to your eating …
- The Toxic Food Additive In Bread You Didn’t Know You Were Eating…And How To Avoid It
The use of Potassium Bromate in the bread making process is wide spread within the United States; however, it has …
- Drink This ONE Ingredient Juice in The Morning and Evening. Sleep 90 More Minutes a Night!
With an estimated one third of Americans over the age of 65 suffering from insomnia, researchers from Louisiana State University …
- These Chips Are Filled With Monsanto Herbicide Linked To Hormone Disruption, Reproductive Damage And Digestive Disorders
With the growing focus on the dangers of trans-fats, fast food companies have had to find new and creative ways …
- How To Use Tomatoes To Get Rid of Varicose Veins
As you age, your skin begins to change in ways you probably won’t enjoy. Whether it be liver spots wrinkles …
- This Is What Your Farts Reveal About Your Health
Being gassy is never fun, especially when you’re surrounded by other people. Most people think that they fart more than …
- How To Test For Low or High Stomach Acid In Seconds With Apple Cider Vinegar
If your stomach is producing too much acid, often you’ll experience symptoms. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD or “acid reflux”) is …
- Why Hair Loss Is An Early Warning Sign You Should Never Ignore (And What To Do About It!)
Everyone knows what it’s like to lose a little hair. In fact, we lose 50-100 strands per day on average …
- Drink This 2x a Day To Remove Uric Acid Before It Crystallizes In Your Joints And Becomes Painful
Detox juices are an effective method to rejuvenate your body and improve your overall health. As a matter of fact, a natural …
- Try This Coconut Oil Shampoo and Conditioner For Perfect Hair
The more time you spend outdoors, the more care you should put in preventing sunburns and dried hair. Sun damage can …
- The Healing Power of Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds and their oil have been used for centuries in for both cooking and medicinal needs. But many people …
- This Natural Food Could End The Use of Harmful Pesticides And There’s Already a Patent For It
This article first appeared on JeffereyJaxen. Humanity is facing a toxicity problem as our immediate environment becomes increasingly riddled with pesticides. They are …
- Florida Dad Invents a Bed To Minimize The Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
After becoming a father, a Florida man has created a new infant safety bed that may significantly reduce the risk of …
- Peanut Oil Hiding in Popular Cleaning and Personal Care Products
Some people are so intensely allergic to peanuts that the smell from someone else’s breath can cause a reaction–sometimes a …
- This Woman Invented a Way to Run 30 Lab Tests on Only One Drop of Blood.
Fast, Easy and Painless Blood Testing is coming to a Walgreens Theranos Wellness Center near You. Thanks to a 30 …