11. Mango Avocado Salsa
Serve it over grilled salmon or chicken to impress the guests at your next BBQ!
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced medium
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced medium
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 1/2 to 1 habanero chile (stem and seeds removed), minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
12. Avocado Ranch Dressing
To make it vegan, skip the cheese and Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 avocado
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more in needed
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh in a food processor bowl.
- Add the olive oil, Parmesan, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic cloves, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper.
- Pulse for 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Adjust the salt and pepper if needed. (You can thin the dressing, if you need to, with more olive oil).
- Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.