3. Green Goddess Smoothie Bowl
This smoothie bowl is packed with protein and fiber that will make you excited for breakfast.
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 small ripe mango, stoned, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 100g spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- For the seed mix
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp linseeds
- a spoonful of avocado seed powder
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp coconut flakes
- 4 tbsp flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp clear honey or maple syrup
- Slice the bananas and arrange on a small baking tray lined with parchment. Freeze for 2 hrs minimum.
- For the seed mix, heat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment. Place the seeds, coconut and almonds into a bowl, add the cinnamon and drizzle over the honey or maple syrup. Stir until well coated and place evenly on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 mins, stirring every 5 mins or so.
- Cool and store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- Put the avocado, mango, spinach, milk, nut butter, banana, and honey in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Divide between two bowls and arrange the fruit on top.
- Scatter 1-2 tbsp of the seed mix over each bowl and eat straight away.
4. Baked Avocado
This simple recipe is a great side dish for your breakfast potatoes and fruit salad. It’s by far one of the most simple and enjoyable avocado recipes on this list.
- 2 Eggs
- Sea salt & pepper
- Seasoning, optional
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit. If necessary scoop out some avocado to make room for eggs.
- Crack eggs into a bowl. Place yolk and some egg white (with a spoon) into the avocado’s hole.
- Bake in the oven at 425F for 13-15 minutes.