9. Avocado Hummus
Not one to be outdone by the other avocado recipes on this list, this hummus puts a creamy twist on a classic dip!
- 1 ripe avocado, cut in half, skin and stone removed
- A 400g/14oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, finely chopped
- 1-2 lemons, juice only
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- sea salt, to taste
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer the avocado hummus to a bowl and cover with cling film.
- Chill in the fridge for one hour.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks.
10. Avocado-Tomatillo Salsa Verde
This recipe yields two cups, so make sure to share!
- ½ medium avocado
- 1 romaine lettuce leaf, torn into pieces
- 1 serrano chile, finely chopped
- ¼ medium white onion
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 pound tomatillos (about 8), husks removed, rinsed, quartered
- ½ cup (packed) cilantro leaves with tender stems
- Kosher salt
- Scoop avocado flesh into a blender and add lettuce, chile, onion, garlic, tomatillos, and cilantro and blend until smooth; season with salt.