Hormones are chemicals that the organs produce to regulate every function in the body.
All processes are in delicate balance with one another and if hormones get out of whack, symptoms will manifest to let you know:
- Unexplained weight gain or loss
- Changes in breast tissues (men and women)
- Decreased sex drive
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Loss of muscle mass
- Night sweats
- Recurrent bladder infections
- Hot flashes
- Puffiness and bloating
- Mood swings and irritability
- Foggy thinking and problems with memory
- Migraine headaches
- Gallbladder problems
- Ovarian cysts
- Debilitating fatigue
- Brown spots on the face
- Low blood pressure
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1)
- and others
Causes of hormone imbalance are many.
Some are part of the normal aging process but some are a result of chronic stress, improper diet, and lifestyle factors like obesity. Other causes are:
- Adrenal fatigue from excessive stress and exhaustion
- Candida yeast overgrowth feeds on progesterone, upsetting its balance with estrogen
- Environmental toxins in foods, personal care and household products, and plastics
- Heavy metal toxicity
- Neurotransmitters that misfire due to excess sugars, nicotine, alcohol, lack of proteins and healthy fats, white flour, and environmental toxins
- Radiation and chemotherapy
- Thyroid problems
- Tumors of testes or pituitary
It’s easy to ascertain if you are producing too much or too little of the various groups of regulating hormones by taking a saliva test. It can be administered by your healthcare provider or you can do it yourself at home with a kit. (4)
Fortunately, most bodily processes can be restored to balance through a proper diet and regular exercise.
Following are a sampling of nutrient-rich foods that will help you naturally get back to the proper stasis, feeling and looking great—as you were meant to be. Reduce or cut out dairy, wheat, sugars, and processed foods.
- Soaked or sprouted nuts
- Wild fish
- Organic, free range poultry, wild game, grass-fed beef and bison
- Organic, free range eggs (loaded with vitamins, minerals, and protein supporting hormone balance and a healthy reproductive system)
- Green leafy: spinach, kale, chard, collard greens, cabbage
- Other greens: asparagus, broccoli
- Brightly-colored: red/yellow/orange bell peppers, red and white onions, orange and purple carrots, tomatoes, red cabbage, purple potatoes
Herbs and Spices
- Avocados – rich source of E and B-complex vitamins, magnesium, potassium, and fiber
- Grass-fed butter (raw if you can get it) – vitamins A, D, E, and K stimulate proper hormone function and medium-chain fatty acids support the immune system and metabolism
- Coconut oil – lauric acid stimulates hormone production and boost metabolism; antibacterial and antiviral
- Fermented cod liver oil
- Flax seeds and oil
- Olive oil – extra virgin, organic, cold pressed
- Sesame oil
All fats are not created equal. Watch the video below to see why.
This is by no means a comprehensive list of endocrine-supporting foods but the highlights.
The importance of regular, adequate, good-quality sleep can’t be over-emphasized; it’s during sleep that the brain cleans itself and many of the housekeeping tasks of the varying systems take place.
You can eat an ideal diet and exercise properly but if you don’t sleep enough, nothing will work quite right. It could be that sleep deprivation may be part of the problem affecting hormone regulation.
Sleep on it.
- 9 Simple Things You Can Do Right Now To De-Stress
We all experience and deal with stress in different ways, but there are some universal constants. Stress triggers hormones like …
- Colorado Is Using $3 Million From Marijuana Tax To Provide Food And Housing For The Homeless
Legalizing marijuana is not a new issue by any means. And for the most part, it has been, and will …
- Big Pharma Stands To Lose $18.5 Billion If All 50 States Legalize Medical Marijuana
Pharmaceutical companies are one of the biggest influences in the US economy and, subsequently, in US law. It is no …
- 41 Seconds Is All You Need To Learn How To Keep A Choking Baby From Dying
When asked about first aid, the people at St-John’s Ambulance found that over four-fifths of parents didn’t know what to do in …
- Powdered Alcohol – Important Things You Should Know
Earlier this week, an Internet frenzy unleashed the news that powdered alcohol will be available soon in the US. Announcements …
- This 2-Ingredient Mix Is All You Need To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus For Good!
There’s a lot of things that can affect your feet, whether it be athlete’s foot, ingrown toenails or foot pain. …
- US Continues to Lead World In Obesity Rates
We talk about an “obesity epidemic” in the United States, but did you know that the US is the most …
- Early Warning Signs Your Body Has TOO MUCH Estrogen (Millions of Women Unknowingly Have This!)
Few women know that there is such a thing as too much estrogen. In fact, excessive estrogen can increase the …
- Here’s What Happens When You Don’t Clear Out The Gunk In Your Colon (And How To Fix It In 1 Month)
When your body processes food, waste can sometimes build up on the wall of your colon. This excess waste that should …
- USDA Says: Okay To Ship U.S. Chickens to China for Cheap Processing Then Back Home For You to Eat
A new shipping and processing policy allowing chickens raised and slaughtered in the U.S. to be shipped to China for …
- Insurance Companies Begin Writing ‘Ebola Exclusions’ into Policies
While the numbers of people being treated for Ebola are still relatively low in the U.S., insurance companies are taking …
- Chemical in Plastic is 100X More Toxic Than Initially Suspected?! (Here’s 7 Natural Ways to Detox)
The chemical bisphenol A – or BPA for short – is used in tens of thousands of consumer products, but …
- How To Breathe Away Negative And Difficult Emotions
Breathing is an automatic action that sustains life. On average, you inhale about 30,000 times a day without even realizing …
- How The Sugar Industry Paid Harvard Researchers to Say Fat (Not Sugar) Caused Heart Disease
As you might have noticed, sugar has now undergone the same criticism that fat and cholesterol once had. For over …
- Stop Using Store-Bought Antiperspirants! They Make You SMELL Worse in The Long-Run?!
Sometimes, in attempting to “cure” a problem, the methods you use can result in a worsening of the problem you’re …