According to the Mayo Clinic, high blood pressure is a common condition in which the long-term force of the blood against your artery walls is high enough that it may eventually cause health problems, such as heart disease (1).
The more blood your heart pumps and the narrower your arteries, the higher your blood pressure. The condition can easily go undetected and contribute towards heart disease and stroke.
In the United States alone, 70 million adults suffer from the condition. This is equal to roughly 40% of adults over the age of 25 (2).
Factors like stress, poor diet, and physical inactivity can increase your risk of developing high blood pressure. The condition is also linked to high cholesterol.
Did you know that foods like cucumber and garlic salad can help you in a highly beneficial way?
Cucumbers are full of water, fiber, potassium, and magnesium (3).
Potassium helps balance the amount of sodium in your cells, which can contribute towards atherosclerosis (4).
On the other hand, fiber regulates blood pressure and also helps reduce cholesterol, prevent type 2 diabetes, and boosts weight loss (5,6).
Raw garlic is traditionally used to control high blood pressure, low blood pressure, high cholesterol, inherited high cholesterol, coronary heart disease, heart attack, reduced blood flow due to narrowed arteries, and atherosclerosis (7).
There is evidence that allicin, the active compound in garlic may use the same mechanism as blood pressure drugs called ACE inhibitors to lower blood pressure. It’s believed that garlic prevents the creation of
angiotensin II, a hormone, and helps relax blood vessels (8).
Garlic also helps control cholesterol.
Cucumber Garlic Salad
Try going on a cucumber and garlic salad diet. Make it every day to improve your cardiovascular health.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cucumber
- A few spoonfuls of water
- ½ -1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Peel the garlic and crush it with the side of your knife.
- Set aside.
- Wash the cucumber and cut it into small pieces.
- Add the cucumber to a large glass bowl.
- Mince the garlic and add to the mixture.
- Add the vinegar and water and adjust if necessary.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
- This Is What Happens To Your Blood Pressure When You Use THIS Instead Of Salt…
Have high blood pressure? Here’s a new way to fight it: Add more herbs and spices to your food. This …
- Got High Blood Pressure? Try This 2-Ingredient Tea!
Blood pressure is the amount of force that pushes against artery walls to get blood through the body. If the …
- Taking Hypertension Meds For More Than 10 Years Increase Your Risk of Breast Cancer
Hypertension and pre-hypertension are serious public health concerns in the United States, with 2 out of every 3 adults affected …
- 8 Ways High Blood Pressure Can Harm Your Health
Nearly 1 in 3 adults in the United States has high blood pressure, and it’s especially prevalent in women. Many …
- 10 Best Tasting Foods That Lower Blood Pressure Naturally
Foods that lowers blood pressure is very accessible. High blood pressure, or hypertension, affects 67 million adults  in the United …
- Cinnamon and Magnesium Lower Blood Pressure More Than Any Medication In The World
Supplementation with cinnamon has been found to lower blood pressure in pre-diabetic and diabetic people. Cinnamon combined with magnesium, diet …
- Regular Mid-Day Naps Can Help Lower Blood Pressure And Decrease Your Risk of Heart Attacks
New research revealed at the European Society of Cardiology conference in London, England(1) has shown that a regular mid-day nap …
- Early Warning Signs Your Blood Pressure is Dangerously High (1 in 5 Don’t Know They Have It!)
Hypertension has become so widespread that people often forget how serious the condition really is. In the United States alone, …
- Coconut Water Found To Lower Blood Pressure By As Much As 71% In Study Participants
Coconut water is not only delicious, but it could be a viable natural solution to lowering your blood pressure. One …
- Researchers Come Across Very “Appealing” Juice…What it Does to Your Blood Pressure is Astounding!
Are you looking to replace blood pressure-lowering drugs with natural, diet-based solutions? Complimenting past findings, recent research reveals that drinking …
- 7 Lifestyle Choices That Can Help Lower High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure is a common health condition in the United States and it comes with a whole set of …
- 5 Foods That Can Help Lower Blood Pressure (No. 3 Is Also Great For Athletes!)
High blood pressure is known as the ‘silent killer’ because it generally has no symptoms but if left unchecked can …
- 5 Natural Spices That Fight High Blood Pressure
There are many combined reasons why a person can develop high blood pressure, and not one specific identifiable cause. The …
- You Won’t BELIEVE What This Tea Can Do To Your Blood Pressure And How Effective It Is!
If you’re concerned about your heart, then you should consider drinking hibiscus tea. Turns out, hibiscus tea is just as …
- 8 Delicious Superfoods That Can Help You Manage High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure affects approximately one in every three American adults – about 70 million people. According to the US …