In today’s world, we face increasing amounts of chemicals than ever before. It’s present in our food, household products and even in the air (1).
In addition to toxins in our environment, our bodies are also filled with internal toxins caused by stress hormones, emotional disturbances, anxiety and negative emotions, all creating free radicals that wreck our health.
With all of this going on inside your body, you may also find yourself looking bloated, tired and fatigued (2).
Fortunately, the use of ginger lemon tea can help fight these unwanted physical effects by stimulating the digestive tract, removing toxins from the body, restoring appetite, and reducing allergies (3).
Ginger lemon tea is also a simple all natural way to boost your body’s immune system and has been used by ayurvedic practices for centuries. Some Ayurveda texts recommend using the tea daily to restore energy (4).
The tea also combines the many benefits of hot lemon water, recommended by many to be incorporated as a part of your daily morning routine. The tea’s strong flavor will naturally boost your circulation as well as stimulate the salivary glands and intestines (5).
Here’s a simple recipe for potent ginger tea:
- 2 inches (5 cm) ginger root
- 4 cups (1 L) filter water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) organic lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp (5 ml) whole stevia leaf or honey
- Finely chop ginger root and boil in filtered water for at least 20 minutes.
- Add in lemon juice, stevia or honey to sweeten.
- This tea can be served either hot or cold.
Starting your day with ginger lemon tea jump starts and hydrates the lymphatic system. The warm water immediately starts the hydration process in your body, and the ginger helps to further eliminate waste through the lymph glands, colon, and bladder that have accumulated overnight (6).
The tea also helps manage blood sugar levels. Drinking ginger lemon tea on a daily basis can help reduce kidney damage that comes as a result of diabetes. Ginger contains zinc, which is known to play a major role in the production and secretion of insulin.
Ginger and lemon tea also has the ability to fight off salmonella and other bacterial infections thanks to ginger’s active ingredient, zingiber, which boosts your immune system (7).
Finally, ginger lemon tea is a strong secret weapon against bloating. The superfood combo helps reduce water retention and helps relieve unwanted bloating.
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- How To Make Alkaline Water To Fight Fatigue, Digestive Issues And Cancer
Is alkaline water good for you? A healthy body should always be slightly alkaline. The majority of people today, however, tend to …
- Simple Avocado Pudding That Can Balance Hormones, Boost Metabolism, And Fight Disease
When we think of pudding, we think of something sweet, creamy, and decadent. This recipe is all of that—except decadent. …
- Curb Sugar Cravings With This Homemade Cinnamon Coconut Kefir Water
Kefir (pronounced kee-fer), a cultured milk product from the Caucasus Mountains in Eastern Europe, has seen a rise in popularity …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- How To Make Your Own “Tea of Immortality” At Home With This Foolproof Recipe
The origin of Kombucha is a thing of legends. Depending on whom you ask, you may get a completely different …
- The Fat-Burning Coconut Cookies you Can Eat for Breakfast to Boost Your Metabolism
There are few things more satisfying than a good-for-you cookie. As health-conscious people, we forego junk food and added sugars …
- This Powerful Tea Is The Best Remedy For Swollen Legs
If you have ever experienced swelling in your legs (or your hands or feet for that matter) you know how …
- 5 Delicious Fruit-Infused Water Recipes To Drink Instead Of Soda
Soda can feel like a cool, refreshing drink on a hot day, but it’s hardly the most health-conscious option available. …
- Ginger, Honey and Cinnamon Mixture to Reverse Inflammation, Colds, Flu, Cramps, Diabetes And Cancer
Tea is often the first thing we reach for when we aren’t feeling well. While green tea has many benefits, …
- 9 Amazing “No-Bread” Sandwich Ideas That Will Make You Drool
In recent years, many people have sworn off bread due to gluten intolerance or weight gain. So what is it like …
- Grain-Free Flatbread Recipe: 10 Healthy Ways to Keep Bread In Your Diet
True celiac disease is relatively uncommon. It is an autoimmune condition in which your body simply cannot process the proteins …
- 14 Ways To Make Turmeric Drinks To Reduce Pain And Inflammation
drinksTurmeric is by far one of the most popular and celebrated health foods of the decade. It’s been around for …