In today’s world, we face increasing amounts of chemicals than ever before. It’s present in our food, household products and even in the air (1).
In addition to toxins in our environment, our bodies are also filled with internal toxins caused by stress hormones, emotional disturbances, anxiety and negative emotions, all creating free radicals that wreck our health.
With all of this going on inside your body, you may also find yourself looking bloated, tired and fatigued (2).
Fortunately, the use of ginger lemon tea can help fight these unwanted physical effects by stimulating the digestive tract, removing toxins from the body, restoring appetite, and reducing allergies (3).
Ginger lemon tea is also a simple all natural way to boost your body’s immune system and has been used by ayurvedic practices for centuries. Some Ayurveda texts recommend using the tea daily to restore energy (4).
The tea also combines the many benefits of hot lemon water, recommended by many to be incorporated as a part of your daily morning routine. The tea’s strong flavor will naturally boost your circulation as well as stimulate the salivary glands and intestines (5).
Here’s a simple recipe for potent ginger tea:
- 2 inches (5 cm) ginger root
- 4 cups (1 L) filter water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) organic lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp (5 ml) whole stevia leaf or honey
- Finely chop ginger root and boil in filtered water for at least 20 minutes.
- Add in lemon juice, stevia or honey to sweeten.
- This tea can be served either hot or cold.
Starting your day with ginger lemon tea jump starts and hydrates the lymphatic system. The warm water immediately starts the hydration process in your body, and the ginger helps to further eliminate waste through the lymph glands, colon, and bladder that have accumulated overnight (6).
The tea also helps manage blood sugar levels. Drinking ginger lemon tea on a daily basis can help reduce kidney damage that comes as a result of diabetes. Ginger contains zinc, which is known to play a major role in the production and secretion of insulin.
Ginger and lemon tea also has the ability to fight off salmonella and other bacterial infections thanks to ginger’s active ingredient, zingiber, which boosts your immune system (7).
Finally, ginger lemon tea is a strong secret weapon against bloating. The superfood combo helps reduce water retention and helps relieve unwanted bloating.
- Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Almond Milk, Banana and Raw Honey
Oh, my. This looks so incredibly delicious that we may have to put it at the top of the “gotta …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- 9 Amazing “No-Bread” Sandwich Ideas That Will Make You Drool
In recent years, many people have sworn off bread due to gluten intolerance or weight gain. So what is it like …
- This Lifesaving Ancient Cold and Flu Remedy is so Effective Even Hippocrates Would Recommend It!
Trying to navigate your way through the flu season can be quite the challenge. Especially, if you’re taking public transit. And …
- Pine Needle Syrup For Lung Inflammation, Bronchitis and Respiratory Ailments
Here’s a simple recipe for a syrup that can be added to tea and other hot beverages or drunk on …
- Drink This Turmeric Juice For Its Anti-Inflammatory Properties (Just Blend All The Ingredients!)
Turmeric is a popular spice, particularly in India, where it is added to many dishes not only for it’s distinctive …
- Easy And Delicious Apple Pancake Recipe
Available almost anywhere and relatively inexpensive, apples are an ideal fruit to bake with. Many pastry recipes feature apples – …
- How To Make Turmeric Tea That’s Both Delicious And Healthy
If you are taking ibuprofen tablets (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin & Nurofen) for everything ranging from headache, backache and other muscular aches …
- Fermenting Turmeric In a Naturally Carbonated Soda Increases Its Bioavailability (Try This Recipe!)
We know about the potential health benefits of turmeric, a popular Indian spice that has been shown to have potent …
- 5 Nourishing Carrot Recipes. #3 Will Make You Drool.
Many parents try telling their children that the more carrots they eat – the better they will be able to …
- These Raw Vegan Coconut-Lemon Meltaways Will NOT Disappoint You
Everyone loves the tart citrus flavor of lemons, especially in desert form. These raw vegan lemon balls have a smooth, …
- 3-Ingredient Recipe Makes For a Powerful Drink That Promises To Detoxify And Energize The Body!
This easy-to-make beverage is perfect for having over breakfast, and contains ingredients that will aid in digestion, boost your immune …
- Boost Immunity With These Coconut Oil Recipes!
The health benefits of coconut oil are getting a lot of press these days in the natural health community. Coconut …
- How to Make Chai Tea. (Reduce Inflammation, Strengthen Immunity, and Improve Digestion)
Suffering from indigestion or coming down with a cold? No problem! This unique chai tea recipe will help strengthen your …
- This Easy DIY Homemade Ketchup Is So Good, You’ll Never Go Back To The Store-Bought Stuff!
Ah, ketchup. It’s the favorite condiment of toddlers and kids everywhere for hot dogs, chicken nugget, and french fries. But …