When it comes to remedies for the cold and flu, we always hear about lemon and ginger.
But there are countless other household ingredients that help you fight off an infection, including herbs and spices.
One of the least known natural remedies is oregano tea and essential oil.
Why Drink Oregano Tea?
Oregano has both antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties.
Plus, it also contains fiber, iron, manganese, vitamin E, iron, calcium, omega fatty acids, manganese, and tryptophan to support your immune system as it fights off your infection. It’s even powerful enough to fight drug-resistant MRSA (1).
Its anti-inflammatory benefits also treat osteoporosis and arteriosclerosis.
Oregano Tea For Colds
Oregano increases sweat production to help your body detox and acts as an expectorant to boost phlegm expulsion. For even better results, add oregano oil to a diffuser and inhale the steam.
- 4 to 6 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Chop the leaves and quickly add to the pan.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain, add honey, and enjoy hot.
You can also cool the tea and apply it to your skin to treat acne and dandruff. Alternatively, drink a hot cup after a heavy meal to improve digestion, fight gas production, and prevent constipation.
To really cure your illness, make sure to stay hydrated, get plenty of sleep, and eat whole foods. You can also take a hot bath with a few drops of oregano and eucalyptus essential oil to open up your airway and clear up your sinuses.
- Mix Sea Salt with These 2 Oils For A Homemade Topical Painkiller
When muscle pain strikes, the first thing most people tend to reach for is ibuprofen. While nonprescription painkillers are a …
- How To Make A Giant Cancer Killing Salad
What would you do if you were diagnosed with stage 3 cancer? Most of us would probably run to the …
- The Real Truth: Antidepressants Actually Deplete These 3 Crucial Nutrients for the Brain
Antidepressants are one of the most prescribed medications out there. But how much do you know about the side effects …
- This Popular Children’s Medication ‘Is Basically Crystal Meth’ Warns Doctor
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, “Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a brain disorder marked by an ongoing pattern …
- Relieve Your Stiff Neck In Seconds With These 21 Simple Tricks!
Nobody likes having a stiff neck. Whether it’s long hours stuck in traffic, endless days at the office, or long …
- 9 Anxiety Symptoms That Go Under The Radar and How to Handle it
Anxiety symptoms manifest in literally hundreds of ways. They can range from an extreme nervousness to chest pains and shortness …
- 8 Symptoms of Endometriosis Many Doctors Don’t Recognize
Endometriosis is one of the least understood female conditions. Despite the fact that roughly 1 in 10 women of reproductive …
- Death Rate From Alzheimer’s Up 55% Since 1999 And Better Quality Sleep Could Be The Solution
Compared to the 1999 statistics from the US Centers For Disease Control and Prevention, deaths related to Alzheimer’s disease increased …
- 5 Natural Spices That Fight High Blood Pressure
There are many combined reasons why a person can develop high blood pressure, and not one specific identifiable cause. The …
- Gut Bacteria Imbalance Found To Be A Cause Of Parkinson’s Disease
It is only in recent years that science has begun to explore the role that bacteria in the digestive system …
- Thyroid Cancer Screening Unnecessary; Risks Outweigh Benefits
Recent radio ads featuring Rod Stewart are encouraging everyone to get screened for thyroid cancer. However, unless you already have …
- Given 18 Months To Live, Cures Himself With Cannabis Oil
As time goes on and individuals’ stories unfold and are shared, the efficacy of cannabis as a treatment for cancer …
- 8 Natural Alternatives to Replace Antibiotics Whenever Possible
The overuse of antibiotics has become a modern-day epidemic. These drugs have depleted our natural immunity by killing the good bacteria in our guts …
- How To Make An Apple Cider Vinegar Soak To Treat Arthritis And Joint Pain
Arthritis can be debilitating. If you are used to being active, dealing with chronic inflammation, pain, and stiffness in your …
- Colon Cleanse: 3-Ingredient Juice To Effectively Flush Out Pounds of Toxins From Your Body!
Digestive issues typically involve the stomach and intestines, but there’s one important part of your digestive tract that’s too often …