When it comes to remedies for the cold and flu, we always hear about lemon and ginger.
But there are countless other household ingredients that help you fight off an infection, including herbs and spices.
One of the least known natural remedies is oregano tea and essential oil.
Why Drink Oregano Tea?
Oregano has both antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties.
Plus, it also contains fiber, iron, manganese, vitamin E, iron, calcium, omega fatty acids, manganese, and tryptophan to support your immune system as it fights off your infection. It’s even powerful enough to fight drug-resistant MRSA (1).
Its anti-inflammatory benefits also treat osteoporosis and arteriosclerosis.
Oregano Tea For Colds
Oregano increases sweat production to help your body detox and acts as an expectorant to boost phlegm expulsion. For even better results, add oregano oil to a diffuser and inhale the steam.
- 4 to 6 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Chop the leaves and quickly add to the pan.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain, add honey, and enjoy hot.
You can also cool the tea and apply it to your skin to treat acne and dandruff. Alternatively, drink a hot cup after a heavy meal to improve digestion, fight gas production, and prevent constipation.
To really cure your illness, make sure to stay hydrated, get plenty of sleep, and eat whole foods. You can also take a hot bath with a few drops of oregano and eucalyptus essential oil to open up your airway and clear up your sinuses.
- 11 Ways You May Be Unknowingly Hurting Your Immune System
Our immune system works every second of every day keeping our cells healthy and active. Over the last few decades, …
- How to Cure Pneumonia Naturally With Vitamin C
Pneumonia is the eighth killer disease in the world. It is caused by both bacteria and viruses. One is likely …
- If You Get Sinus Headaches or Constant Congestion You Need To Check For This Hidden Connection
Have you ever experienced a cold that just won’t quit? Even after symptoms of throat and chest pain subside, it …
- This Syrup Will Stop a Cough Dead in its Tracks – Ginger Thyme Cough Syrup
Finding the best cough syrup for adults and/or children isn’t easy. But it’s well worth the effort since coughs often …
- Lymph Drainage: The Secret To Staying Healthy
Your lymphatic system is probably one of the most important systems in your body for the simple reason that it …
- 5 Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Sinus Infection
By now, you probably already know that Apple Cider Vinegar is a true lifesaver. Whether it be used to flavor …
- Elderberry Extract – The Most Effective Fruit Known To Man Against The Cold And Flu
You may have never heard of elderberry extract but it’s wonderful thing to have around. Since the time of Hippocrates, …
- Study Shows Vitamin D Reduces Risk of the Flu by up to 50%
When we think of a nutrient to fight colds and flu, most of us would think of vitamin C first. …
- Kill Sinus Infection in 20 Seconds With This Simple Method And This Common Household Ingredient!
There’s nothing more annoying than a runny nose and itchy throat. It’s even worse when your sinuses swell up and …
- 10 Superfoods That Fight The Common Cold
With winter getting underway throughout the US, humanity’s oldest enemy – the common cold – is likely to make itself …
- 6 Different Flavored At-Home Flu Shots
Flu season is around the corner, so what better time to ensure that everyone in your family has a strong …
- Medicine in a Cup: This Ginger-Garlic Soup Fights the Cold, Flu and Sinus Infection
Soup is the ultimate food for the soul. When it comes to the cold and flu, staying hydrated and nourished …
- 3 Easy Drink Recipes That Clear Sinuses and Relieves Cold Symptoms Now!
Cold and flu season is unavoidable and most people get infected at least once before spring comes around. In fact, …
- 8 Natural Alternatives to Replace Antibiotics Whenever Possible
The overuse of antibiotics has become a modern-day epidemic. These drugs have depleted our natural immunity by killing the good bacteria in our guts …
- Drink To Boost Immune System
We found a fantastic, simple juice recipe for immune system support. It’s a tasty, healthy drink made with pure fruit …