When it comes to remedies for the cold and flu, we always hear about lemon and ginger.
But there are countless other household ingredients that help you fight off an infection, including herbs and spices.
One of the least known natural remedies is oregano tea and essential oil.
Why Drink Oregano Tea?
Oregano has both antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties.
Plus, it also contains fiber, iron, manganese, vitamin E, iron, calcium, omega fatty acids, manganese, and tryptophan to support your immune system as it fights off your infection. It’s even powerful enough to fight drug-resistant MRSA (1).
Its anti-inflammatory benefits also treat osteoporosis and arteriosclerosis.
Oregano Tea For Colds
Oregano increases sweat production to help your body detox and acts as an expectorant to boost phlegm expulsion. For even better results, add oregano oil to a diffuser and inhale the steam.
- 4 to 6 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Chop the leaves and quickly add to the pan.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain, add honey, and enjoy hot.
You can also cool the tea and apply it to your skin to treat acne and dandruff. Alternatively, drink a hot cup after a heavy meal to improve digestion, fight gas production, and prevent constipation.
To really cure your illness, make sure to stay hydrated, get plenty of sleep, and eat whole foods. You can also take a hot bath with a few drops of oregano and eucalyptus essential oil to open up your airway and clear up your sinuses.
- Unhealthy Gut Flora Increases Your Risk of Deadly Diseases such as Stroke and Diabetes
Researchers from Georgia State University have used improved technological approaches to further demonstrate the role that healthy gut flora plays …
- 11 Ways Dehydration Could Be Making You Fat And Sick
The average human body is around 70% water. By not drinking enough water we are causing a whole raft of …
- Fatigue, Vitamin Deficiencies, and Diabetes: 7 Health Problems that Your Hands are Warning You About
The eyes may be the windows to the soul but your hands may be the windows to your blood and …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- Add 2 Tbsp. Of This Coconut Oil Mixture To Your Morning Coffee To Burn A TON Of Calories
Do you drink coffee every morning? If yes, the following coffee creamer recipe is definitely something you’ll want to try (if …
- The 5-Minute Yoga Routine That Can Help Restore Thyroid Levels
Yoga entails more than black stretchy pants and planks. It’s an Eastern practice that goes back thousands of years, an …
- The Real Truth: Antidepressants Actually Deplete These 3 Crucial Nutrients for the Brain
Antidepressants are one of the most prescribed medications out there. But how much do you know about the side effects …
- Sleepless Children Are Aging Faster At A Cellular Level
The importance of sleep is often overlooked but it really can’t be over-emphasized. While you sleep, much of your body …
- Here’s The Homemade Cannabis Oil Recipe That People Are Using as a Chemo Alternative
People have been increasingly becoming aware of the anti-cancer benefits of cannabis over the last few years. Many studies done …
- How To Grow Aloe Vera At Home (And Health Benefits)
Aloe Vera is a member of the Old World succulent group known as Aloaceae. The plant has numerous healing properties …
- 72 Uses For Simple Household Products To Save Money & Avoid Toxins
Many cleaning products available on the market contain harmful toxins. Prolonged use of these products can cause skin irritation and …
- 10 High-Protein Vegetables You Need to Start Eating Today
Protein is the building blocks of muscles as well as bone, skin, hair, and nearly every other part of your …
- 7 Minutes. No Equipment. One Science-Backed Core Workout That Works
Working out is difficult for most people to do on a regular basis. The main issue that arises is making …
- The Many Benefits of Coriander Seed Oil and How to Use It
Coriander is a savory spice used extensively in Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine. It is the seed of the cilantro …
- 4 Diet Mistakes You’re Making that Only Create More Belly Fat
Many people (especially men) find that they accumulate abdominal fat that’s very hard to get rid of. This is especially …