When it comes to remedies for the cold and flu, we always hear about lemon and ginger.
But there are countless other household ingredients that help you fight off an infection, including herbs and spices.
One of the least known natural remedies is oregano tea and essential oil.
Why Drink Oregano Tea?
Oregano has both antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties.
Plus, it also contains fiber, iron, manganese, vitamin E, iron, calcium, omega fatty acids, manganese, and tryptophan to support your immune system as it fights off your infection. It’s even powerful enough to fight drug-resistant MRSA (1).
Its anti-inflammatory benefits also treat osteoporosis and arteriosclerosis.
Oregano Tea For Colds
Oregano increases sweat production to help your body detox and acts as an expectorant to boost phlegm expulsion. For even better results, add oregano oil to a diffuser and inhale the steam.
- 4 to 6 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Chop the leaves and quickly add to the pan.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain, add honey, and enjoy hot.
You can also cool the tea and apply it to your skin to treat acne and dandruff. Alternatively, drink a hot cup after a heavy meal to improve digestion, fight gas production, and prevent constipation.
To really cure your illness, make sure to stay hydrated, get plenty of sleep, and eat whole foods. You can also take a hot bath with a few drops of oregano and eucalyptus essential oil to open up your airway and clear up your sinuses.
- 3 Easy Drink Recipes That Clear Sinuses and Relieves Cold Symptoms Now!
Cold and flu season is unavoidable and most people get infected at least once before spring comes around. In fact, …
- Too Much of This Ingredient Will Weaken Your Immune System
Your body has a very efficient system for protecting itself from outside “invaders” such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, etc. The …
- Kill Sinus Infection in 20 Seconds With This Simple Method And This Common Household Ingredient!
There’s nothing more annoying than a runny nose and itchy throat. It’s even worse when your sinuses swell up and …
- 10 Herbs To Boost The Immune System
These 10 immune supportive plants will ensure that all those nasty colds and flus going around don’t end up in …
- Sepsis Killed This Woman’s Father And Knowing These Signs May Have Saved Him
A nurse once said, “if you’re sick, don’t go to a hospital”. This may seem silly and contradictory but it’s …
- 8 Natural Alternatives to Replace Antibiotics Whenever Possible
The overuse of antibiotics has become a modern-day epidemic. These drugs have depleted our natural immunity by killing the good bacteria in our guts …
- Medicine in a Cup: This Ginger-Garlic Soup Fights the Cold, Flu and Sinus Infection
Soup is the ultimate food for the soul. When it comes to the cold and flu, staying hydrated and nourished …
- What Most Doctors Aren’t Telling You About Colds and Flus
We’ve all heard it before – you need a vaccine to protect yourself from the flu or there’s not really …
- Homemade Steam Recipes For Decongestion And Other Natural Remedies
While you can’t see your sinuses, you can definitely notice them when you have a cold and feel congested. Nasal …
- 10 Superfoods That Fight The Common Cold
With winter getting underway throughout the US, humanity’s oldest enemy – the common cold – is likely to make itself …
- Natural Home Remedy For A Sore Throat
Contrary to what mainstream media tends to teach, experiencing a cold or the flu periodically can actually be helpful to …
- “Very Promising:” USC Researchers Discover How to Regenerate Your Entire Immune System in 72 Hours
The immune system is something that is highly misunderstood not just by everyday people but also by the many conventional …
- Drink To Boost Immune System
We found a fantastic, simple juice recipe for immune system support. It’s a tasty, healthy drink made with pure fruit …
- 5 Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Sinus Infection
By now, you probably already know that Apple Cider Vinegar is a true lifesaver. Whether it be used to flavor …
- 6 Ways to Use Lavender During The Cold and Flu Season
Hidden beneath the pleasing scent of lavender is a fierce natural medicine and formidable protector. Used since antiquity, lavender was …