The cold and flu aren’t just unpleasant, they’re also potentially dangerous.
This is particularly true for pregnant women, people taking immunosuppressive agents and patients with serious medical conditions (1).
The easiest way to cure the condition is to boost your immune system to allow your body to fight infection naturally.
By eating the right foods, you can actually ease aches, fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, chills, and fatigue.
Natural Cold And Flu Remedy
This simple remedy doesn’t taste that great, but if you give it a try, you’ll find out how quickly it really works. In as little as a day, you’ll feel like yourself again!
To make it even more effective (and easier to swallow), add a whole lemon, grapefruit, and orange as your onion simmers. You can even add a few sprigs of rosemary if you wish.
If you’re in a rush, here’s the bare-bones recipe:
- 1 red onion
- juice of an organic lemon
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 cups of water
- Bring the water to a boil, cut the onion into small pieces and add to the mix.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, remove from heat, and let it sit for another 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and add honey.
- Stir well and add lemon juice just before serving.
- Drink three times a day until you’re healed.
The cold is a viral infection, meaning that antibiotics are not effective in treating it (1). Luckily, honey has antiviral properties that can boost your body’s ability to fight it on its own (2,3). It also coats your throat to ease coughing and soothe sore mucous tissue (4).
Lemon is full of vitamin C, which boosts immune response. Plus, it helps clean your liver and kidneys to detoxify your body and promote healing (5). Lemon may even improve symptoms to give you some well-needed rest (6).
Lastly, onions have anti-inflammatory benefits to ease a sore throat, reduce swelling in the sinuses, and improve lung capacity (7). Red onion also acts as an expectorant, meaning to stimulate the expulsion of phlegm and mucous to get pathogens out of your system (8).
To speed up your recovery, drink plenty of fluids, eat citrus foods, keep your body temperature up, and get plenty of rest. You can also try to pour a few drop of hydrogen peroxide in each ear and irrigate your sinuses with a saline solution.
- Robert Kennedy Jr. Leads Lawsuit To Sue Monsanto For Cancer-Causing Roundup Weed Killer
In the two years since the World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) declared the active ingredient …
- 10 Reasons Why You’re Not Losing Weight
Hit a plateau? Check out these ten reasons for why you’re not losing that weight, and tips to get back …
- Is Chocolate Really a Naughty Treat?
When considering healthy living, many people consider eating chocolate to be a cardinal crime. However, there have been numerous studies …
- 5 Chair Exercises That Reduce Belly Fat In No Time!
While working an office job sure has its benefits, sitting down for most of the day has its risks. Your …
- For All Smokers: How to Make a Detox Elixir To Cleanse Your Lungs
Everyone knows that smoking is terrible for your health, yet many people still indulge in this bad habit. If you’re …
- Finally! FDA Admits That Chicken Meat Contains Cancer-Causing Arsenic
It seems like only yesterday headlines everywhere warned of dangerous levels of arsenic in rice. The news was definitely a …
- This Face Mask Naturally Removes Stains, Acne Scars And Wrinkles After Second Use
Your skin is like a window to what’s going on inside your body. What you eat and how you’re feeling …
- Never Light These Candles In Your Home No Matter What – Here’s Why
Candles have a way to set the mood. Whether it’s a nice relaxing bath or a romantic dinner, flickering candles …
- How To Get Rid of Excess Water Weight In 3 Days
There are many reasons why your body holds on to excess water weight. It doesn’t do this to spite you. In …
- The Migraine-Relieving Hormone Nobody Ever Talks About
There are many factors that cause migraine headaches and people who regularly suffer from them know just how difficult they …
- 10 Signs You May Have an Ulcer
An ulcer is a painful sore in the stomach lining or at the opening of the small intestine. Ulcers happen …
- Man Refuses Chemo And Cures His Bladder Cancer Within 2 Yrs By Taking Cannabis Oil And Essiac Tea
On July 2012, at age 54, Trevor Smith was suddenly and unexpectedly diagnosed with stage T2a bladder cancer. The cancer had …
- Study: Drinking Coffee Might Lower Risk of Liver Cancer
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), the most common type of liver cancer to you and me, could have its chances of developing …
- How To Unclog a Smelly Drain In Minutes WITHOUT Using Toxic Drain Cleaner!
There’s nothing worse than waking up in the morning, stepping into the shower to wash up and being woken up …
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Get Aspartame Poisoning From Diet Sodas
You may have never heard about it but aspartame poisoning is very real. Also known under different names such as …