If you’re familiar with healthy food and recent trends, then you’ve probably already tried beet and carrot juice.
Although it may sound strange, the mixture is actually very balanced in flavor and highly nutritious. Plus, it helps support your body’s natural detoxification process to get rid of bad bacteria, heavy metals and toxins that may be clogging up your system.
And while this juice is great on its own, adding just a few more simple ingredients dramatically boosts its health benefits and become an actual liver detox juice.
Liver Cleansing Beet Juice (liver detox juice)
This recipe is quick, easy and makes about 2 meal servings or 4 snacks.
- 3 Organic carrots
- 1 Organic cooked beet
- 2 Organic red apples
- 6 Organic kale leaves, despined
- ½ inch of ginger root
- ½ organic lemon
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Peel, wash, and cut all ingredients. Keep the carrot, apple and lemon peels aside to incorporate into the juice.
- Place all of the ingredients and peels into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- If you like, you can strain the mixture before drinking.
- Enjoy immediately or store in a mason jar and refrigerate for a healthy snack.
Beets and carrots are both full of cartenoids that improve liver health by stimulating bile flow to help your liver take our the trash and fiber to absorb the bile and push it out of your digestive tract. Beta-carotene also protects the liver from alcohol-induced liver damage (1).
Beets also contain compounds that fight fat deposits in the liver, lower blood pressure, fight cholesterol and promote blood flow (2).
Ginger is a digestive tonic that helps relieve common ailments like flatulence, nausea & bloating as well as managing more serious conditions like irritable bowel syndrome. It also reduces cancer-causing inflammation (3,4).
Kale and other cruciferous vegetables contain glucosinolate, an enzyme that fights cancer and flushes out toxins. It also improves thyroid function to prevent hormonal imbalances and excess weight gain (6).
- They Thought She Was Crazy. Eating Well on 4$ a Day?! But When She Made This… Simply Amazing!
Eating a nutritious meal often proves to be a huge undertaking for millions of Americans, especially those with an average …
- Eating Ghee Butter Is Actually Good For The Heart (And Here’s How To Make Your Own)
Many health experts since the 1970’s have utterly condemned saturated fats and have led us all to believe that when …
- How To Make Your Own “Tea of Immortality” At Home With This Foolproof Recipe
The origin of Kombucha is a thing of legends. Depending on whom you ask, you may get a completely different …
- The Amazing Health Benefits of Eating Liver
In the west when we think of super foods we usually picture avocados or strawberries but in many other cultures …
- The Truth About “Healthy” Vegetable Oils
There are good fats and bad fats. Knowing which is which sometimes seems like a chore. What’s worse is that …
- Natural Compounds Found In Cocoa Beans Help Reverse Memory Decline by 20-30 Years
Most individuals notice a steady decline in memory as they age, but a new study suggests that this memory large …
- Glyphosate: What You Don’t Know Might be Killing You
Rock on, Sisters. Never underestimate the power of a mother protecting her child. Two mothers’ organizations are focusing their efforts …
- One of The Best Juice Combos For Lower Cholesterol, Weight Loss, and Better Sleep
Poor diet, little sleep, and lack of exercise don’t just take a toll on your waistline, they also take …
- Just Two Tablespoons of Chia Seeds Gives You 30% of Your Daily Recommended Intake For Magnesium
Chia, or saliva hispanica, is an herb with growing popularity. A member of the mint family, this tiny plant is …
- 30 Foods For a Healthier Life
There are countless diets out there telling you what to eat, when you should eat it, how much you should …
- The Microalgae That Delivers Nutrients To Your Cells Without Taxing Your Liver or Digestive System
Marine phytoplankton (also known as microalgae) are single-cell micro-organisms that live in natural bodies of water all over the world. …
- “Unequivocal Evidence” Show Diet Rich in Omega-3 Prevent Breast Cancer Tumor Growth by 30%
A study from the University of Guelph is said to be the first of its kind to provide “unequivocal evidence” …
- Post-Workout: When and What To Drink
A post-workout meal or drink is highly recommended after an intensive exercise bout, such as an hour of swimming practice, …
- 5 Reasons To Eat More Plant-Based Foods
Have you ever considered switching to a plant-based diet? A plant-based diet does not mean eliminating meat and dairy products …
- Too Much Fructose Is Dangerous But The Food Industry Keeps Putting It In Everything!
Fructose, a natural sugar with an unusually high level of sweetness, has been the subject of much discussion and debate …