If you’re familiar with healthy food and recent trends, then you’ve probably already tried beet and carrot juice.
Although it may sound strange, the mixture is actually very balanced in flavor and highly nutritious. Plus, it helps support your body’s natural detoxification process to get rid of bad bacteria, heavy metals and toxins that may be clogging up your system.
And while this juice is great on its own, adding just a few more simple ingredients dramatically boosts its health benefits and become an actual liver detox juice.
Liver Cleansing Beet Juice (liver detox juice)
This recipe is quick, easy and makes about 2 meal servings or 4 snacks.
- 3 Organic carrots
- 1 Organic cooked beet
- 2 Organic red apples
- 6 Organic kale leaves, despined
- ½ inch of ginger root
- ½ organic lemon
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Peel, wash, and cut all ingredients. Keep the carrot, apple and lemon peels aside to incorporate into the juice.
- Place all of the ingredients and peels into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- If you like, you can strain the mixture before drinking.
- Enjoy immediately or store in a mason jar and refrigerate for a healthy snack.
Beets and carrots are both full of cartenoids that improve liver health by stimulating bile flow to help your liver take our the trash and fiber to absorb the bile and push it out of your digestive tract. Beta-carotene also protects the liver from alcohol-induced liver damage (1).
Beets also contain compounds that fight fat deposits in the liver, lower blood pressure, fight cholesterol and promote blood flow (2).
Ginger is a digestive tonic that helps relieve common ailments like flatulence, nausea & bloating as well as managing more serious conditions like irritable bowel syndrome. It also reduces cancer-causing inflammation (3,4).
Kale and other cruciferous vegetables contain glucosinolate, an enzyme that fights cancer and flushes out toxins. It also improves thyroid function to prevent hormonal imbalances and excess weight gain (6).
- 8 Incredible Benefits Beetroots Can Offer You
Remember being told you eat your beetroot at the Sunday dinner table every time you went to have dinner at …
- 1 TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar For 60 Days Can Eliminate These Health Problems
Vinegar is definitely not a new substance. It has been in existence since at least 5000 BC when the Babylonians …
- 4 Things You Never Knew About Vitamin K
Vitamin K is a group of fat-soluble vitamin abundant in leafy greens. Two types of vitamin K—K1 and K2—are important …
- Jaw-Dropping Study Shows Garlic Kills Brain Cancer Cells Without Any Dangerous Side Effects
Garlic has a long history of medicinal and therapeutic uses, from treating the common cold to lowering blood pressure. …
- Power Your Lungs With This Green Smoothie Recipe
Juicing or blending vegetables is the most optimal way to nourish your body with the highest bioavailable doses of vitamins and …
- 8 Morning Foods to Help You Turn Back the Clock
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, they say. A bagel with cream cheese, however, doesn’t provide a …
- 5 Nutrients That Help Improve Oxygen Uptake. Your Blood Cells Will Absolutely Love These!
In order for your body to produce the energy that you need to live, your cells must continually take in …
- Nature’s Top 10 Sources of Phytochemicals That Selectively Trigger Cancer Cells To Self-Destruct
With almost a million estimated new cases of cancer each year in the United States alone(1), it’s small wonder that …
- Cannabis: Drink Your Medicine! A Poor Man’s Guide to Juicing
There are currently two camps on treating cancer with cannabis: the hot process created by Canadian Rick Simpson some 13 …
- Is Water Fluoridation Contributing to the Obesity Epidemic?
Fluoridated water is the norm all across America. Most people don’t think twice about this practice. After all, if it …
- 4 Little-Known Foods That Are Jam-Packed With Digestive Enzymes
Enzymes are very delicate proteins that are responsible for carrying out virtually every metabolic function, from the digestion of food to the …
- 9 Amazing “No-Bread” Sandwich Ideas That Will Make You Drool
In recent years, many people have sworn off bread due to gluten intolerance or weight gain. So what is it like …
- The 9 Most Overrated Health Foods
There are plenty of “superfoods” out there that are supposedly the healthiest things you can possibly eat… but not all …
- The Suprising Reason Why You Should Eat ONE Carrot Every Day And The Best Way To Prepare Them
Carrots aren’t only good for your eyesight, and though beta-carotene is often thought of as the most beneficial compound within …
- Top 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Asparagus (With Recipes!)
Asparagus is packed with vitamins, fiber and other nutrients essential for our health and as such has a number of …