Yes, that’s right, honey wraps can cure common colds very quickly. Cough and cold are minor ailments but sometimes it can turn into an extremely irritating and disliked disease.
A dry cough is especially more annoying as it makes you uncomfortable and does not let you concentrate on anything. In addition to the one who suffers from it, the ailment is also a nuisance for the people around.
Though it can be bearable during the day, it’s a completely different experience at night. The cough does not let up however hard you try to sleep. And so, many people end up relying on cough syrup to get relief.
Cough Syrups Suppress The Symptoms…
What the majority of cough syrups do is suppress the transmission of signals to the brain that triggers coughing.
Cough Syrups have two major ingredients codeine and dextromethorphan which suppress the signals and makes you sleep.
These, however, are known to cause certain side effects such as, drowsiness, headaches and rapid heart activities.
What Are Honey Wraps?
Interestingly, there is a relatively common ingredient that can not only help with a cough but has other medicinal properties as well. That ingredient is honey!
The use of honey wraps will not only help alleviate the severe coughing but also dislodge the mucus from the lungs. This treatment can be used for children as well as adults.
The Honey Wrap Treatment
- Olive Oil
- Band-Aid adhesive tape
- Mix the flour with a small amount of honey, so you will get a mixture for the compress, which should not stick to your hands.
- Add a little olive oil and then roll it in some flour again.
- Place the mixture on a napkin, and wrap in cheesecloth.
- Attach it to the chest or back, using the plaster adhesive tape, and after that put on pajamas.
In the case of children, stick the wraps on them for about 2-3 hours before going to sleep.
For Adults, the wrap can be kept for the whole night.
One small tip to remember is to protect your sheets as the person using the wraps will be sweating a lot.
In cases of severe coughs, this treatment can be repeated for a few days to get complete relief.
As it is made up of all natural ingredients, there are no side effects. The only care that must be taken when using with children is to make sure that they do not have any skin ailments or injury.
- Spray This Oil And You Will Never See Mold Again
Mold is everywhere, whether you can see it or not. These microscopic fungi flourish not only in the bathroom but …
- Science Proves Himalayan Salt Lamps Fight Anxiety and Depression
If you’ve already made the switch to Himalayan salt in the kitchen, why not take it a step further? Large …
- Avoid Fleas and Ticks Forever With This Natural Remedy!
Every pet owner knows how annoying fleas can be. These minuscule insects can multiply in days and easily infest your …
- 9 Exercises To Burn Abdominal Fat
What are the best exercises to burn belly fat? A common question in the world of fitness. Belly fat is …
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- The EXACT Amount of Epsom Salts You Should Be Adding to Your Bath Based on Your Weight
Epsom salt may look like salt, but it’s actually magnesium sulfate, a mineral compound (1). Epsom salt can be used …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …