What do lemon, ginger and turmeric have in common?
For starters, on their own, each of these ingredients is a highly powerful therapeutic agent that can help to relieve everything from nausea to inflammation while detoxifying your liver and flushing dangerous toxins from your body.
Together, however, they make one of the most potent healing tonics around.
A simple glass of warm water with some freshly squeezed lemon juice, a dash of raw ginger and just some fresh or powdered turmeric, can be your best friend for relieving a cornucopia of ailments including the common cold, flu, sore throats, allergies, fatigue as well as numerous digestive issues.
And because this trio contains powerful anti-inflammatories, you can be sure it will help to relieve any chronic pain issues.
Not bad for a simple, yet great-tasting beverage!
Powerful Pain Reliever
Turmeric is quickly growing as a must-have ingredient for both your kitchen cupboard and your medicine cabinet.
It can add a slightly bitter, yet earthy aromatic flavor to soups, savory meals or even desserts.
Its natural bright-yellow hue is perfect for bringing life to bland dishes while its hint of gingery goodness adds just the right amount of bite to make any meal memorable.
But what makes this ancient spice so truly amazing is its unmatched powers as therapeutic agent.
While turmeric is an amazing healing herb, the active ingredient in it called curcumin, is not well absorbed by the body so it is always recommended that you add just a little black pepper, which contains ‘piperine,’ which increases the absorption of of this amazing herb by up to 2,000 percent. (4)
While we all know lemons for their sweet, yet sour burst of flavor, these bright-yellow fruits are also wonderful for inflammation and pain relief.
In fact, the essential oils found in lemon peels have been shown to significantly reduce joint pain by relaxing your blood vessels and producing an anti-inflammatory agent. (5)
Like turmeric and lemon, ginger is a potent anti-inflammatory and pain reliever.
In two specific studies involving two groups of people—people who were known to respond to conventional drugs and those who didn’t—researchers found that 75 percent of arthritis patients and 100 percent of people with muscular pain actually experienced relief from both pain and/or swelling when using ginger. (6)
That’s quite impressive!
According to researchers at the University of Miami, this curative root is so powerful that it could essentially replace NSAIDs one day. (7)
And because ginger works on a cellular level, it is extremely effective without any known side effects that usually come from using medications.
Super Immune Boosters
Everyone knows that like most citrus fruits, lemons are chock-full of vitamin C, but did you also know that these sour little fruits are also a significant source of flavonoid compounds that have powerful antioxidant and anti-cancer properties?
While vitamin C is the main antioxidant in lemons, they also contain numerous flavonoids (known as vitamin P), including diosmetin, diosmin, hesperidin, naringin, narirutin, neohesperidin, nobiletin, quercetin, rutin and the flavone tangeritin.
These key flavonoids are vital for the absorption of vitamin C, and according to many studies, they even enhance and prolong the action of vitamin C, which essentially makes a lemon the perfect all-in-one package. (8)
And like vitamin C, flavonoids also help to find and eliminate free radicals, which are harmful and can seriously damage your body’s cells and even your DNA. (9)
Turmeric is also a very powerful antioxidant that, among other things, can help boost your immunity while protecting your body from all kinds of nasty viruses, germs, pathogens and cancer.
When it comes to fighting free radicals, ginger root has been shown to contain extremely high levels of antioxidants that are only surpassed by super foods like pomegranates and some berries. (10)
Put all three of these ingredients together in a nice cup of tea and you have a perfect, sure-fire remedy that will not only reduce any inflammation in your body, but it also will strengthen your immune system, which can help keep you healthy all year long.
And the best part is that it is easy to make and takes no time at all.
So give it a try—you won’t be sorry!
Turmeric, lemon, ginger tea
Drink this tasty, nutrient dense tea daily for quick pain relief.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated turmeric root (or ½ teaspoon turmeric powder). If you use fresh turmeric root, be careful not to stain your clothes!
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root (or ½ teaspoon ginger powder)
- 2–3 twists black pepper (to make the turmeric more bio-available)
- ½ freshly squeezed lemon
- 1–2 teaspoons raw honey (optional)
- 1 ½ cups filtered water
- Mix the ginger, turmeric and water in a sauce pan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes (do not let it boil).
- Strain the liquid and pour it into a cup. Add the black pepper, lemon juice and honey to taste. Stir well.
- You can serve this delicious tea hot or cold, whatever you prefer. Just enjoy!
- WikiLeaks: Alcohol Industry Bribed Congress To Denounce Cannabis
Recreational cannabis use is on its way to becoming as widespread as alcohol. Top alcohol companies aren’t pleased with the …
- This Is What Your Tongue Reveals About Your Body…
Say ahh! Opening up your mouth to take a look at your tongue can help you to learn a lot …
- Study Proves Microwave Radiation Directly Affects Your Heart – Why You Need To Ditch Your Microwave Oven
Have you ever wondered why some restaurants post warning signs for customers with pacemakers that the establishment uses a microwave …
- 10 Healthy Habits That Will Keep Your Kidneys Happy
Kidneys are amazing organs, with the ability to sustain adult human life at only 20 percent of its normal functioning …
- Use This Homemade Probiotic Deodorant To Rebalance The Good Bacteria On Your Skin
“Probiotic” is talked about so much in health food and health blog circles that it can start to seem like a …
- Stick a Piece of Garlic On Your Skin And Watch What Happens…The Results Will Amaze You!
You may have heard of the benefits of placing onion on your feet or honey on your chest to help …
- Doctors Are Urging You To Stop Feeding Your Children Hot Dogs – Here’s Why
Among American favorites is the Hot Dog – a fourth of July staple that’s eaten at least once a week …
- 72 Uses For Simple Household Products To Save Money & Avoid Toxins
Many cleaning products available on the market contain harmful toxins. Prolonged use of these products can cause skin irritation and …
- 10+ Signs You Have a Toxic Tooth Infection and How to Treat it Without Going to the Dentist
There are three types of dental abscess: Ginginval – infection of gum tissue Periodontal – infection in supporting bone tissue …
- 5 Treatments for Diabetic Pain You Might Not Know About
Diabetic neuropathies—the problems caused by the damage diabetes does to nerves—eventually cause pain in 60 to 70% of people with …
- Eat Two Kiwi Fruits an Hour Before Bedtime And Get an Extra Hour of Sleep, Study Finds
Studies have shown that one in three adults suffers from insomnia or symptoms of insomnia, meaning that one in three …
- 7 Surprising Sore Throat Remedies Hiding In Your Pantry
From air pollution that acts as an irritant to allergies and the frustrating common cold, the causes for developing a …
- How To Cleanse Your Kidneys Almost Instantly Using This Natural Home Drink
Your kidneys are constantly filtering your blood, making sure that waste products exit your body from urine. When you live …
- Aerobic Exercise Increases Brain Function In People With Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia is one of the most severe brain disorders known to man. There are many cases of people being unable …
- 3 Simple Rules to Follow to Eliminate Chronic Pain for Good
The beauty of the body is that it has several feedback mechanisms to alert you that something is going wrong. …