What do lemon, ginger and turmeric have in common?
For starters, on their own, each of these ingredients is a highly powerful therapeutic agent that can help to relieve everything from nausea to inflammation while detoxifying your liver and flushing dangerous toxins from your body.
Together, however, they make one of the most potent healing tonics around.
A simple glass of warm water with some freshly squeezed lemon juice, a dash of raw ginger and just some fresh or powdered turmeric, can be your best friend for relieving a cornucopia of ailments including the common cold, flu, sore throats, allergies, fatigue as well as numerous digestive issues.
And because this trio contains powerful anti-inflammatories, you can be sure it will help to relieve any chronic pain issues.
Not bad for a simple, yet great-tasting beverage!
Powerful Pain Reliever
Turmeric is quickly growing as a must-have ingredient for both your kitchen cupboard and your medicine cabinet.
It can add a slightly bitter, yet earthy aromatic flavor to soups, savory meals or even desserts.
Its natural bright-yellow hue is perfect for bringing life to bland dishes while its hint of gingery goodness adds just the right amount of bite to make any meal memorable.
But what makes this ancient spice so truly amazing is its unmatched powers as therapeutic agent.
While turmeric is an amazing healing herb, the active ingredient in it called curcumin, is not well absorbed by the body so it is always recommended that you add just a little black pepper, which contains ‘piperine,’ which increases the absorption of of this amazing herb by up to 2,000 percent. (4)
While we all know lemons for their sweet, yet sour burst of flavor, these bright-yellow fruits are also wonderful for inflammation and pain relief.
In fact, the essential oils found in lemon peels have been shown to significantly reduce joint pain by relaxing your blood vessels and producing an anti-inflammatory agent. (5)
Like turmeric and lemon, ginger is a potent anti-inflammatory and pain reliever.
In two specific studies involving two groups of people—people who were known to respond to conventional drugs and those who didn’t—researchers found that 75 percent of arthritis patients and 100 percent of people with muscular pain actually experienced relief from both pain and/or swelling when using ginger. (6)
That’s quite impressive!
According to researchers at the University of Miami, this curative root is so powerful that it could essentially replace NSAIDs one day. (7)
And because ginger works on a cellular level, it is extremely effective without any known side effects that usually come from using medications.
Super Immune Boosters
Everyone knows that like most citrus fruits, lemons are chock-full of vitamin C, but did you also know that these sour little fruits are also a significant source of flavonoid compounds that have powerful antioxidant and anti-cancer properties?
While vitamin C is the main antioxidant in lemons, they also contain numerous flavonoids (known as vitamin P), including diosmetin, diosmin, hesperidin, naringin, narirutin, neohesperidin, nobiletin, quercetin, rutin and the flavone tangeritin.
These key flavonoids are vital for the absorption of vitamin C, and according to many studies, they even enhance and prolong the action of vitamin C, which essentially makes a lemon the perfect all-in-one package. (8)
And like vitamin C, flavonoids also help to find and eliminate free radicals, which are harmful and can seriously damage your body’s cells and even your DNA. (9)
Turmeric is also a very powerful antioxidant that, among other things, can help boost your immunity while protecting your body from all kinds of nasty viruses, germs, pathogens and cancer.
When it comes to fighting free radicals, ginger root has been shown to contain extremely high levels of antioxidants that are only surpassed by super foods like pomegranates and some berries. (10)
Put all three of these ingredients together in a nice cup of tea and you have a perfect, sure-fire remedy that will not only reduce any inflammation in your body, but it also will strengthen your immune system, which can help keep you healthy all year long.
And the best part is that it is easy to make and takes no time at all.
So give it a try—you won’t be sorry!
Turmeric, lemon, ginger tea
Drink this tasty, nutrient dense tea daily for quick pain relief.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated turmeric root (or ½ teaspoon turmeric powder). If you use fresh turmeric root, be careful not to stain your clothes!
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root (or ½ teaspoon ginger powder)
- 2–3 twists black pepper (to make the turmeric more bio-available)
- ½ freshly squeezed lemon
- 1–2 teaspoons raw honey (optional)
- 1 ½ cups filtered water
- Mix the ginger, turmeric and water in a sauce pan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes (do not let it boil).
- Strain the liquid and pour it into a cup. Add the black pepper, lemon juice and honey to taste. Stir well.
- You can serve this delicious tea hot or cold, whatever you prefer. Just enjoy!
- These 5 Weird Things Happen To Your Body When You’re Not Getting Enough Iron
Have you been feeling unusually run down and tired lately? Are you easily distracted and struggling to find the energy …
- This Is What Your Tongue Reveals About Your Body…
Say ahh! Opening up your mouth to take a look at your tongue can help you to learn a lot …
- Get Rid of Headaches And Reduce Swelling With This 2-Ingredient Remedy
There’s a particular kind of headache that’s especially painful and persistent – sinus headaches are among the most common types …
- How To Breathe Away Negative And Difficult Emotions
Breathing is an automatic action that sustains life. On average, you inhale about 30,000 times a day without even realizing …
- He Put 3 Sponges In The Refrigerator – When You See Why, You Will Do The Same Thing!
The fresher your food, the more nutrients it retains. This is a basic concept that everyone understands. So what can do …
- These Chips Are Filled With Monsanto Herbicide Linked To Hormone Disruption, Reproductive Damage And Digestive Disorders
With the growing focus on the dangers of trans-fats, fast food companies have had to find new and creative ways …
- Why Your Feet And Hands Are ALWAYS Cold (And How to Fix It!)
Your body’s circulation system is responsible for sending blood, oxygen, and nutrients throughout your body. When blood flow to a …
- The Shrimp You Eat May Not be What You Think It Is
We can spend hours in the grocery store reading labels. We want to make the best choices for our families. …
- ‘Broken Promises of Genetically Modified Crops:’ Huge NY Times Investigation Exposes the Truth About GMOs, Monsanto’s Biggest Lies
Let’s face it, Monsanto has gotten away with crimes even the most hardened criminals would never even imagine doing. And …
- For The First Time Ever, Cannabis Oil Will Be Used In A Hospital — To Save A 2-Month Old Baby Girl
Cannabis oil may be popular among medical marijuana users and patients suffering, but it’s yet to make its way into …
- 5 Mistakes People Make When Trying to Lose Weight
If you’ve ever tried to lose weight but ultimately abandoned your goal, it is likely that you fell victim to …
- They Put Cameras In a Retirement Home. What They Saw Next Surprised Everyone…
Alzheimer’s is a terrible disease that affects millions of Americans and their loved ones. Alive Inside is a joyous cinematic …
- Easy Diet and Lifestyle Changes for Preventing Diabetes
Diabetes is one of the leading health concerns in the Western world. Type II diabetes, the “lifestyle” disease that we …
- The Raisins That Cause Allergies, Respiratory Problems, Lung Disease, and Even Cancer
American children are no strangers to raisins – one of the most popular treats found at snack time in schools …
- Add 3 Drops of Oregano Oil to Water and SEE What Happens to Your Lungs
It may be surprising to know that pneumonia is the sixth leading cause of death in the world and the …