This recipe for a throat-soothing paste is absolutely invaluable.
Ginger and honey make this recipe not only soothing for your throat and stomach but also tasty, unlike many over-the-counter cold and flu medicines.
Taking this in teaspoons throughout the day will help ease symptoms like coughing, sore throat, upset stomach and indigestion.
It’s easy to prepare, made with natural ingredients you can find just about anywhere.
Honey-Ginger Sore Throat Remedy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Mix the ingredients well until they form a loose paste. Take three tablespoons daily, throughout the day, to treat cold and flu symptoms.
How It Works
Honey is well-known to have antibacterial properties, making it great for fighting off bacterial infections. It’s also commonly used in home remedies for coughs due to it’s throat-soothing power – in fact, studies have shown that it may be more effective as a cough suppressant than many over-the- counter cough medicines.
Ginger is a digestive aid with a pleasant, spicy taste. Added to this recipe, it will help sooth the stomach, settling indigestion and helping with stomachaches.
Lemon juice is full of vitamin C to help boost your immune system so you can fight off cold and flu symptoms at the source.
A commonly used spice in alternative medicine, clove is often used to treat throat irritation, as well as to ease muscle pain and fatigue.
- 14 Ways To Make Turmeric Drinks To Reduce Pain And Inflammation
Turmeric is by far one of the most popular and celebrated health foods of the decade. It’s been around for …
- This 3-Ingredient Homemade Syrup Helps Relieve Sore Throat and Cough
A sore throat is one of the easiest ways to detect the common cold. The virus causes inflammation in your …
- 10 Easy Juicing Recipes For Cleansing The Body of Toxins
Modern unhealthy diets and polluted environment cause toxins to build up in our bodies, which is why a detoxification program …
- Mix Turmeric, Mango and Pineapple For a Delicious Smoothie Recipe
Turmeric is a great spice – distinctive yet versatile, it’s useful in all sorts of dishes, but isn’t usually used …
- Drink This Fat-Burning Ginger And Coconut Oil Smoothie to ACCELERATE Weight Loss
Whether it’s getting warmer or colder, it seems like each change in season wakes up a ravenous hunger. This can …
- Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Almond Milk, Banana and Raw Honey
Oh, my. This looks so incredibly delicious that we may have to put it at the top of the “gotta …
- Cauliflower, Coconut oil, Ginger, Turmeric Stew – Amazing!
There’s nothing like a nice cup of stew on a cold evening, especially when it’s full of nutritious veggies. Bursting …
- Juicing Recipes For That Irritating Sore Throat
Many of the foods in your local supermarket could actually be better at helping an irritating sore throat than over …
- Simple Avocado Pudding That Can Balance Hormones, Boost Metabolism, And Fight Disease
When we think of pudding, we think of something sweet, creamy, and decadent. This recipe is all of that—except decadent. …
- 12 Recipes for Gluten-Free Cookies You Won’t Be Able to Resist
Gluten is becoming an ever-increasing concern in the Western diet. The volume of people with wheat allergies or sensitivities across …
- 10 Vegan Recipes That Cheese Addicts Will Love
1. Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese This one is a classic. Recipe here. 2. Roasted Sweet Potato and Bean Quesadillas …
- This Powerful Tea Is The Best Remedy For Swollen Legs
If you have ever experienced swelling in your legs (or your hands or feet for that matter) you know how …
- This Lifesaving Ancient Cold and Flu Remedy is so Effective Even Hippocrates Would Recommend It!
Trying to navigate your way through the flu season can be quite the challenge. Especially, if you’re taking public transit. And …
- 6 Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Did you know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? It’s never a good idea to skip …
- This Blueberry-Coconut Smoothie Is Both Tasty And a Powerful Tool In Your Weight Loss Arsenal
Smoothies are a great way to start your day – perfect for breakfast or a midday snack, they’re often loaded …