Here’s a simple concoction of six ingredients that are highly effective in offering protection against strep throat, colds and flu.
To make this simple and highly effective sore throat, cold, and flu tonic you’ll need the following:
- Half a yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 red chili peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon of ginger, roughly chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- Apple cider vinegar, preferably organic
Please consider wearing gloves if you have sensitive skin, and try not to rub your eyes as you put this tonic together, as some of the natural oils involved can lead to unhappy muttering.
- Start with a 350 mL to 500 mL mason jar. Add roughly chopped onion.
Roughly chopped garlic next please.
Followed by red chili peppers, seeds and all.
Then chopped ginger – what a lovely hue of yellow in fresh ginger.
Add fresh lemon juice – what you can get out of one medium-size lemon. It’s fine to substitute with lime if you wish.
Top off mason jar with apple cider vinegar, but leave about a cm of room at the top.
Cap your jar and leave on your counter or in a pantry. Your sore throat, cold, and flu tonic is ready for use!
Take one teaspoon as often as you’d like. As a prophylactic tonic, one teaspoon each time you return from spending time around others is a good schedule. Or as a fast-acting remedy at the first sign of symptoms, one tablespoon will often eliminate the beginnings of strep throat.
You can use remaining solid ingredients in your cooking, or you can blend the mixture up and continue to take by the teaspoon. This tonic is fine if left unrefrigerated, and will last for months, though the quantities listed above will last you two to three weeks if used at a rate of one teaspoon per day. It’s also fine to refrigerate. For the first few days of use, it’s recommended to give the mason jar a good shake before use.
Please be aware that this strep throat, cold, and flu tonic has quite a bit of heat, so use smaller amounts for young children and those who are highly sensitive to spicy foods.
- FDA Approves Frankenfish For Human Consumption And It’s Not Going To Be Labeled
As alarming as it may sound, genetically engineered salmon has now been officially approved by the FDA for human consumption. AquaBounty Technologies has developed …
- Former American Cancer Society Regional CEO Refuses To Drink Milk, Explains Why
“Got Milk?” While this was the U.S. dairy industry’s slogan for over two decades, former CEO of the Oregon division …
- 5 Toxins That Destroy Your Thyroid And a Simple Drink To Save It
Your thyroid secretes hormones that regulate the metabolism of every cell in the body (1). It plays an important role in: …
- Adding This Vitamin To Your Diet Lowers Your Risk of Frequent Migraines By 50%
There’s nothing more debilitating than a headache in the middle of the work day. It can make your whole day …
- How Dr. Oz Stays Healthy
Everyone’s favorite celebrity physician, Dr. Mehmet Oz, shares the following seven tips for health and wellness, based on his own …
- The Oncologist Told Her She Only Had 6 months Left to Live. Boy, Did She Prove Her Wrong!
An Australian woman in her mid-50s posted a YouTube video explaining how she eliminated her stage IV lung cancer with …
- Top 4 Cancer Fighting Spices You Need To Try
These four cancer fighting spices have powerful health benefits and were part of my daily regimen to beat cancer without …
- Colorado Is Using $3 Million From Marijuana Tax To Provide Food And Housing For The Homeless
Legalizing marijuana is not a new issue by any means. And for the most part, it has been, and will …
- New Studies Show Taking Tylenol Decreases Your Empathy For Others
We always hear about the never-ending list of adverse side effects from prescribed medications—everything from common and mild issues to …
- Beware of The #1 Cause of Acute Liver Damage
Raise your hand is you’ve ever taken Tylenol. Chances are, you probably have some in your medicine cabinet and rely …
- 10 Detox Baths For Relaxation and Rejuvenation
A detox bath is a great way to help cleanse the body, relax the mind, and provide extra support to …
- FDA Finds Daily Aspirin Unnecessary for Heart Health
Around about 30 years ago, aspirin was identified as a harmless drug that could prevent a heart attack or stroke. …
- 3 Friends Built A Garden. It’s On A Roof, But That’s Not Even The Best Part.
Usually, grocery shopping in a city isn’t an experience where you have a lot of local choices. Do you want …
- These 18 Brands Of Lipstick Are Full Of Cancer-Causing Heavy Metals
Could your lipstick be full of hidden toxins? Women of all ages use lipsticks and gloss to brighten or finish …
- 13 Ways To Use Honey in Home Remedies
The number of uses for honey is amazing. From wound salve and cough syrup to dandruff cure, honey can solve a wide …