Here’s a simple concoction of six ingredients that are highly effective in offering protection against strep throat, colds and flu.
To make this simple and highly effective sore throat, cold, and flu tonic you’ll need the following:
- Half a yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 red chili peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon of ginger, roughly chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- Apple cider vinegar, preferably organic
Please consider wearing gloves if you have sensitive skin, and try not to rub your eyes as you put this tonic together, as some of the natural oils involved can lead to unhappy muttering.
- Start with a 350 mL to 500 mL mason jar. Add roughly chopped onion.
Roughly chopped garlic next please.
Followed by red chili peppers, seeds and all.
Then chopped ginger – what a lovely hue of yellow in fresh ginger.
Add fresh lemon juice – what you can get out of one medium-size lemon. It’s fine to substitute with lime if you wish.
Top off mason jar with apple cider vinegar, but leave about a cm of room at the top.
Cap your jar and leave on your counter or in a pantry. Your sore throat, cold, and flu tonic is ready for use!
Take one teaspoon as often as you’d like. As a prophylactic tonic, one teaspoon each time you return from spending time around others is a good schedule. Or as a fast-acting remedy at the first sign of symptoms, one tablespoon will often eliminate the beginnings of strep throat.
You can use remaining solid ingredients in your cooking, or you can blend the mixture up and continue to take by the teaspoon. This tonic is fine if left unrefrigerated, and will last for months, though the quantities listed above will last you two to three weeks if used at a rate of one teaspoon per day. It’s also fine to refrigerate. For the first few days of use, it’s recommended to give the mason jar a good shake before use.
Please be aware that this strep throat, cold, and flu tonic has quite a bit of heat, so use smaller amounts for young children and those who are highly sensitive to spicy foods.
- Beating Brain Tumors With a Scorpion Sting Paint
Brain surgery is perhaps the most delicate of intrusive surgical procedures. The brain, for the most part, all looks alike–unlike …
- 6 Serious Signs of Atrial Fibrillation and Stroke
The connection between stroke and atrial fibrillation can be a life or death matter. According to the National Stroke Association, …
- The True History Of Chemotherapy & The Pharmaceutical Monopoly
Cancer isn’t just the disease of a generation, it’s been the disease of a century. While cancer charities have been …
- This Is What Happens To Your Lungs When You Dry Laundry Indoors
There’s nothing better than the smell of clean linens dried on a clothesline. But in most areas, this delightful sensation …
- This Trick Instantly Reduces Puffiness, Relieves Bloating And Detoxifies Your Lymphatic System
Want to get rid of puffiness, bloating and swelling in one go? Then you need to try this! This low …
- Every Single Hour You Spend Watching TV Reduces Your Life Expectancy by 21.8 Minutes, Study Says
Your mother probably used to yell from the kitchen, “turn off that idiot box!” What great advice, for more reasons …
- Pregnancy Test Leads To Cancer Diagnosis For Teenage Boy
When 18 year old Byron Geldard was diagnosed with cancer, doctors were stumped as to what kind of cancer he …
- 6 Ways To Use Banana Peels To Fight Acne Naturally
People will go to great lengths to get good skin, often spending hundreds of dollars on skin products and dermatology …
- 10 Ways To Quickly Heal a Painful Mouth Ulcer Using Coconut Oil, Honey And Aloe Vera
It seems like the worst place to get a cut or sore is on your gums or the mucous tissue …
- This Is What Adult Coloring Books Can Do For You And Why Millions Swear By It!
Who says coloring books are just for kids? The adult coloring book craze is one that’s sweeping the globe – …
- He Put 3 Sponges In The Refrigerator – When You See Why, You Will Do The Same Thing!
The fresher your food, the more nutrients it retains. This is a basic concept that everyone understands. So what can do …
- CDC Confirms THIS Natural Oil To Be As Effective As DEET For Warding Off Mosquitoes!
It’s rare for large companies and organizations to endorse natural products, but it seems as though it’s finally occurred! The …
- Over 100 Highly Toxic Chemicals Are Found in Perfumes (Here’s How to Make Your Own!)
Public places such as offices and gyms are becoming increasingly intolerant of products with strong scents, like perfume. This is …
- Flu vs. Cold, and Why You Need to Know the Difference
Flu season is well underway, and if you haven’t contracted the flu yet this year, you should consider yourself lucky! …
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Your Doctor Even if You Feel Healthy
The seemingly endless questions, and all of the poking and prodding that comes with having to endure a physical checkup …