There are many common causes for indigestion – eating too much is probably one of the most common, but it’s important not to overlook other factors. Infections and illnesses like gastritis can cause indigestion, as well as food allergies and a lack of physical activity.
Fortunately, there’s no shortage of home remedies for indigestion. Here are a few simple and easy home remedies that have been proven to be effective.
- Apple cider vinegar is a good digestive aid, you can simply drink a tablespoon of it before eating or mix it into water to drink
- Drinking green tea or herbal tea aids in digestion (1)
- Drink half a glass of pineapple juice after your meal
- Drink a cup of ginger tea after eating (2), for best result, you can mix a spoon of lemon juice and two spoons of honey together with the warm ginger tea, this can cure heartburn and nausea effectively
- Banana can ease indigestion due to the natural antacid properties it contains
- Turmeric can prevent stomach-acid buildup to promote digestion
- Drink a glass of aloe vera juice in the early morning on empty stomach may ease indigestion problems (3)
- Chamomile tea works well too, for indigestion. Just simply mix one tablespoon of dried chamomile flower with boiling water and drink it 2-3 times a day (4)
- Eat some grapes when you experience indigestion, this super fruit is very good at easing any type of digestion problems
- Just simply sipping a glass of hot water may ease indigestion too
- Chewing a fresh garlic clove together with some salt 10 minutes around before meal time
- Mix equal parts of baking soda and water in a cup for instant relief
- Cumin seeds are also effective in curing indigestion, just mix one teaspoon of them in a glass of water and drink it
- Mix one teaspoon of fresh coriander leaf juice with a pinch of salt and drink it
- Drink a tablespoon of cinnamon water after an hour after eating helps to relieve indigestion
- Half a glass of carrot juice mixed with half a glass of water is helpful
- Mix 2 drops of peppermint oil with 8 oz. of cold water, drink a glass of it when you have indigestion (5)
Reducing Symptoms At The Source
In addition to these methods for treating indigestion when it’s already happening, it’s important to take a preventative approach as well. You can do this by maintaining healthy eating habits.
If you know that spicy food gives you indigestion, tone down the spice in your meals. Don’t force yourself to overeat just because you don’t want leftovers.
As tempting as it can be to wolf down a meal when you’re in a hurry, try to avoid eating too quickly, and make sure you chew your food properly. Finally, avoid exercising immediately after eating – this one is easy, since most people don’t feel like exercising on a full stomach anyway.
When To See A Doctor
While indigestion normally is no big deal, if you’re experiencing regular bouts of it, it might be a good idea to talk to a healthcare professional about it. This is especially true if your indigestion is accompanied by regular nausea and acid reflux.
If you find yourself vomiting after meals and experiencing a burning sensation in your stomach, you could have gastritis or an ulcer that are contributing to your indigestion. These are serious conditions, but they can be treated with medical intervention, so don’t hesitate to approach your doctor if you’re experiencing these symptoms.
If your indigestion is irregular and mainly prompted by overeating or indulging in too much spicy food, however, one of the above home remedies should do the trick for you with ease.
- Detoxify Your Body Immediately If You Notice Any Of These 9 Warning Signs
Why is it important to detoxify your body? Even if you eat healthy most of the time, you can’t avoid …
- 5 Surprising Reasons to Take Cold Showers
Showering under hot water is a complete luxury and not at all necessary for good health. Whereas cold showers on …
- High-Tech “Granny Pods” Could Be The Solution To Expensive Nursing Homes. This Is Genius!
In American society, family members tend to grow apart as they age. When they can no longer live a fully …
- Powdered Alcohol – Important Things You Should Know
Earlier this week, an Internet frenzy unleashed the news that powdered alcohol will be available soon in the US. Announcements …
- 3 Main Factors That Affect Your Risk of Developing Cancer
One way or another, cancer affects all of our lives – whether we’re affected by the illness ourselves or watching …
- Top 7 Most Prescribed Drugs And Their Natural Counterparts
We don’t have to live in a medicated world, but we certainly choose to. The crux of the matter is …
- Cleveland Clinic Doctor And Libertarian Presidential Candidate Found Dead In Hotel Room
Dr. Mark Allan Feldman, a prominent doctor and member of the world renown non-profit Cleveland Clinic, has been found dead …
- A Survey Was Given to 114 U.S. Doctors About Nutrition. Their Answers Should Be a Huge Wake Up Call for U.S. Healthcare.
Nutrition is pretty basic. You are what you eat and all that. We put our faith in our physicians to …
- Vitamin B17 May Treat Cancer But Is Illegal In The U.S.!
Ever hear of vitamin B17? Probably not. It’s found in nuts, berries, leafy greens, sprouts, tubers, and in abundance in …
- How One Woman Dealt With Her Skin Cancer At Home – Using Coconut Oil And Baking Soda
Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and although it protects you from harm every day, many people …
- 5 Alarming Ways Chronic Stress Is Destroying Your Brain And What You Can Do About It
Not all stress is bad for you. Some forms of stress serve to sharpen your focus and push you to …
- 4 Ways Exercise Can Help Prevent Cancer
12.7 million people every single year are diagnosed with cancer globally, with 7.6 million people tragically dying from the disease …
- How To Get Your Newborn Baby To Stop Crying In Just 15 Seconds
Babies cry to communicate their needs with their parents. They might be hungry, tired, not feeling well or may just …
- Most Store-Bought Honey Is FAKE And Causes Inflammation! (5 Ways To Test The Purity of Your Honey)
Nobody likes to be deceived. Especially not when it comes to their health. Unfortunately, the reality is that millions of people are unknowingly …
- All Positive Reviews: “Becoming a Supple Leopard”
With nearly two months in Amazon’s top 100 fitness bestsellers, Becoming a Supple Leopard is unique to the category in …