I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
Homemade ice cream, on the other hand, can be very nutritious, and you don’t even need to own an ice cream machine to make it! One such example is avocado ice cream.
Why You Crave Ice Cream
When you crave a decadent treat, your body is telling you that it needs more fat. That’s why eating a light dessert like fat-free frozen yogurt or ice milk isn’t quite as satisfying as the real thing.
This is because our bodies (especially our brains) need healthy fats in order to function properly. Although they can sometimes be mistaken for one another, cravings express your body’s nutritional needs while emotional eating makes you feel better or gives you something to do.
If you feel like your sweet tooth is getting out of hand, try this unusually scrumptious recipe to meet your body’s needs for fat and protein. Plus, it’ll boost your mood and leave you feeling satisfied. Ever heard of avocado ice cream? It sounds weird but it’s very tasty….and healthy.
What’s in it?
Avocado is a true superfood, providing a healthy source of natural fat that lowers LDL (“bad”cholesterol) and increases HDL (“good”cholesterol) (1). It’s also loaded with potassium, vitamin K and folate (2).
Cashews, like other nuts, contain high levels of good fats and protein. Protein helps your body repair old cells and build new ones. In fact, every cell in the human body contains protein (3). These nuts can also help improve and stabilize your mood.
Honey boasts incredible healing properties that will keep your digestive tract healthy while also fighting off viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens throughout your body. Plus, it’s just sweet enough to please your sweet tooth without spiking your blood sugar.
Coconut Avocado Ice Cream Recipe
This truly is a guilt-free summer treat!
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1-2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons raw organic honey
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- Place the milk and cashew into your blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add other ingredients and blend until well incorporated.
- Enjoy immediately as a smoothie or freeze for two hours to turn it into ice cream.
- This Infographic Highlights The Main Health Benefit and Caloric Content of 11 Different Types of Nuts
Consuming 1.5 ounces of unseasoned nuts daily as part of a healthy diet may reduce the risk of heart disease. …
- 6 Ways Your Sweet Tooth Is Destroying Your Health (Starting With Your Brain, Liver and Heart!)
Sugar serves an important purpose in our diets. In moderation, it’s an excellent source of energy. Millions of years ago, …
- Boost Your Mood With Coconut Oil…It Works Better Than Popular Anti-Anxiety Drugs!
We need healthy fats for our brains to function properly, which coconut oil abundantly provides. (1) Lack of proper brain …
- 10 Surprising Things You Never Knew About Protein Powder
Proteins are the building blocks of your body. They are found in every cell. Complex amino acids, proteins are responsible …
- This Tree’s Natural Sap Does Far More For Your Health Than Just Sweeten Your Food
Maple syrup is one of the many wonders of the world and far more than a simple sweetener. Maple syrup …
- Unbelievable Weight Loss Study: Triple Fat Loss With One Teaspoon of This Powerful Spice
Cumin is a spice native to Egypt that has long been cultivated and enjoyed as a food and medicine in …
- 5 Energy-Boosting Chia Seed Recipes
Chia seeds contain more plant-based omega-3 fatty acids than flax seeds, and have also been traditionally used as a source …
- Got Stones? Drink This Effective Lemon-Based Syrup To Help Cleanse Your Kidneys!
Kidney stones – hard, small mineral deposits that form in your kidneys – are increasingly common among adults today. While the minority …
- 27 Must-Try Avocado Recipes for You and Your Family
Avocados are a health nut’s favorite fruit, and rightly so. Packed with nutrients, delicious fats, filling fiber, and creamy goodness, …
- 7 Foods To Eat For an Exceptional Immune System
If you’ve been feeling weak lately and have noticed that you’re getting sick a lot with minor colds and flus, you …
- You’ll Never Look at Tilapia The Same After Reading This. (It’s Worse Than Eating Bacon)
Fish is good for you. Everyone says the protein, vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids are supremely beneficial for human …
- Study Shows That Medications For Migraine Relief Are No More Effective Than Ginger
Ginger is a natural remedy known to help relax blood vessels in the head, reduce inflammation and activate natural opiates …
- Coconut Milk and Turmeric Recipe to Detox Organs and Fight Inflammation Fast
There’s nothing like a nice hot beverage first thing in the morning to warm up and prepare you for a …
- Nitrate-Rich Leafy Greens Amazingly ‘Good for The Heart’, Study Finds
A recent study by the Universities of Cambridge and Southampton has found that nitrate, found in leafy green vegetables, may …
- Honey and Ginger Kill Superbugs Better than Pharmaceutical Meds
Bacteria have been morphing into resistant strains of superbugs that make it very difficult for pharmaceutical companies to keep up …