It can be hard to find desserts that satisfy your cravings without sacrificing your health.
While the idea of vegan sweets may not be appealing to most people, but with the right ingredients, it’s hard to tell the difference in taste between healthy and conventional desserts.
Give this recipe a try, your body will be glad your did!
Vegan Chocolate Mint Mousse
- 40g raw organic chocolate
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 4 tbsp cacao
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp of mint extract
- Scoop out avocado meat and grate the seed. Place into a powerful blender.
- Blend avocado, coconut, cacao, syrup and flavoring together until smooth. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a bain marie or in a large stainless steel bowl set over a small saucepan or boiling water. Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Scoop the avocado mixture into your chocolate and whisk until smooth and airy.
- Spoon into cute serving bowls and refrigerate fro two hours.
- Serve with grated chocolate and fresh mint leaves.
This powerful food also lowers blood pressure and cholesterol, keeps the gut healthy, improves vision, supports cognitive function and boosts weight loss.
Coconut milk is the most nutritious and creamy dairy alternative. It contains compounds like lauric and capric acid, which have anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic, anti-stress and cholesterol-lowering activities (5,6). It’s also used to fight obesity and heart disease.
Cacao contains powerful antioxidants that slow the production of molecules involved in inflammation. The delicious powder even heals the cardiovascular system by improving cholesterol levels, blood pressure, blood clotting, coronary artery function, and insulin sensitivity (7).
- These Super Healthy Turmeric Coconut Cream Cups Are Easy To Make At Home!
If you’re looking for a way to get more superfoods into your diet. This recipe is going to be your …
- 5-Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Sweet Potato Brownies With Almond Butter, Cocoa And Maple Syrup
However, most brownies are full of inflammatory ingredients like processed wheat and sugar. If you want a delicious treat that …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- Cauliflower, Coconut oil, Ginger, Turmeric Stew – Amazing!
There’s nothing like a nice cup of stew on a cold evening, especially when it’s full of nutritious veggies. Bursting …
- Anti-Inflammatory Coconut and Sweet Potato Muffins with Ginger, Cinnamon and Maple Syrup
Baked goods sure (such as sweet potato muffins) are sweet, but have you ever taken a look at all the …
- Eat More Omega-3s With 6 Walnut Recipes
Walnuts are one of the best plant-based sources of Omega-3s that you can find, and these mildly-flavored nuts pack in …
- Easy To Make Lemon Lavender Pancakes (With Coconut Flour and Homemade Almond Milk)
Pancakes are the ultimate all-American breakfast food. While there are many amazing toppings you can try to take your pancake …
- Drink This Ancient Detox Tea To Cleanse The Liver, Boost Memory and Reduce Muscle Pain
There’s no shortage of recipes for detoxifying teas and other beverages, but unlike many, this recipe has withstood the test …
- Pine Needle Syrup For Lung Inflammation, Bronchitis and Respiratory Ailments
Here’s a simple recipe for a syrup that can be added to tea and other hot beverages or drunk on …
- Drink This Probiotic-Rich Lemonade To Boost Your Immune System And Improve Gut Health
There’s no drink more appropriate on a warm sunny day than a tall glass of lemonade, especially when citrus fruits …
- Cleanse Your Body of Toxins By Drinking This Cucumber Water Recipe
Staying hydrated isn’t just important in the summer; we need to be sure we’re getting enough fluids year-round. Many bodily …
- Grain-Free Flatbread Recipe: 10 Healthy Ways to Keep Bread In Your Diet
True celiac disease is relatively uncommon. It is an autoimmune condition in which your body simply cannot process the proteins …
- Have You Ever Tried ‘Hummoli’? This Dip Has Chickpeas, Avocado, Olive Oil, and More Healthy Ingredients!
Snacking can be the downfall of anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle. With so many unhealthy options available at …
- They Said Drinking Turmeric Tea Is Good For You…Here’s What They Didn’t Tell You
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years and western medicine is finally catching on. …
- Recipes from the Pantry: Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an interesting and less frequently used alternative to white, balsamic, or red wine vinegar, with all …