Contrary to popular belief, it’s actually safe and healthy to eat eggs (yolks included!). They’re packed with protein and disease-fighting nutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin (1).
Eggs are also great for eye and brain health.
Since egg salad is one of America’s favorite ways to eat eggs, why not kick it up a notch with a little avocado and turmeric: the vegetable is full of protein, potassium and healthy fats while the spice can help fight inflammation and even cancer!
Avocado Egg Salad
Makes 4 Servings and only takes about 5-7 minutes. To cut the time and achieve a smoother texture, use a food processor.
- 8 eggs hardboiled, peeled & cooled
- 2 fresh & ripe avocados, pitted and scooped
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion (per taste)
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl mash eggs, avocado and mayonnaise using a fork.
- Next, add vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, turmeric, and cayenne.
- Mash until all ingredients are of the consistency to your liking.
- Stir in onion and parsley.
Instead of just sticking to the classic egg salad sandwich, make salad wraps by placing a spoon full of egg salad in romaine or bibb lettuce.
Try adding sprouts, peppers, carrots or tomatoes for a truly elevated snack. You can also try this trick with endives or radicchio for a quick hors-d’oeuvre.
Another option is to add chopped apple and boiled potato for more texture. Green apple really works well, especially with the red onion!
- Native American “Root Beer”: A Homemade Tonic to Purify Your Blood
The root beer we find on the grocery store shelves today is a far cry from its healthful ancestor. Homemade …
- How To Make Homemade Matcha Marshmallows
There are plenty of reasons to avoid artificial food dyes. Studies have linked them to behavioral problems in children, including …
- How To Make Your Own Super-Healthy Detox Tea
The ingredients in this detox tea have been reported to possess a whole list of powerful health benefits, including antioxidant, …
- 4-Ingredient Recipe Will Supercharge Your Immune System Like No Other
One criticism often received by recipes involving cooked onions, garlic and other alliums is that the heating process destroys much …
- How to Use Baking Soda to Treat and Prevent Acid Reflux
When acid reflux hits, the one thing you want is instant relief. It is often referred to as heartburn because …
- 14 Ways To Make Turmeric Drinks To Reduce Pain And Inflammation
Turmeric is by far one of the most popular and celebrated health foods of the decade. It’s been around for …
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- Slice Potatoes And Put Them In A Muffin Pan. They’ll Come Out Of The Oven A Family Favorite!
Potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. Easy to digest, potatoes have been a staple for people living in areas with …
- This Aloe Vera Smoothie Is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory With Over 200 Active Enzymes!
Aloe vera has an intimidating appearance, but it is full of beneficial nutrients – containing at least 20 minerals, 12 …
- Dairy-free, Inflammation-BUSTING Chocolate Mousse Recipe With Avocado, Coconut Milk and Cacao
It can be hard to find desserts that satisfy your cravings without sacrificing your health. Most desserts contain high levels …
- Eat More Kale With These 6 Recipes
Spring is the best time of year for leafy greens like kale. Ranked as one of the healthiest vegetables that …
- Infuse Your Honey With Ginger In 20 Minutes For A Quick Immune System Boost
With winter just around the corner, most people are dreading the advent of cold season. Aside from staying warm and …
- 5 Healthy Swiss Chard Recipes to Boost Your Intake of Vitamin K
Swiss chard is vastly underrated in the vegetable kingdom. With 16% more iron than kale, it is also an excellent …
- How to Make Medicinal Pickled Turmeric
This recipe for pickled turmeric promises to reduce inflammation & promote wellness. But before we begin, let’s take a quick …
- Cleanse Your Body of Toxins By Drinking This Cucumber Water Recipe
Staying hydrated isn’t just important in the summer; we need to be sure we’re getting enough fluids year-round. Many bodily …