Contrary to popular belief, it’s actually safe and healthy to eat eggs (yolks included!). They’re packed with protein and disease-fighting nutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin (1).
Eggs are also great for eye and brain health.
Since egg salad is one of America’s favorite ways to eat eggs, why not kick it up a notch with a little avocado and turmeric: the vegetable is full of protein, potassium and healthy fats while the spice can help fight inflammation and even cancer!
Avocado Egg Salad
Makes 4 Servings and only takes about 5-7 minutes. To cut the time and achieve a smoother texture, use a food processor.
- 8 eggs hardboiled, peeled & cooled
- 2 fresh & ripe avocados, pitted and scooped
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion (per taste)
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl mash eggs, avocado and mayonnaise using a fork.
- Next, add vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, turmeric, and cayenne.
- Mash until all ingredients are of the consistency to your liking.
- Stir in onion and parsley.
Instead of just sticking to the classic egg salad sandwich, make salad wraps by placing a spoon full of egg salad in romaine or bibb lettuce.
Try adding sprouts, peppers, carrots or tomatoes for a truly elevated snack. You can also try this trick with endives or radicchio for a quick hors-d’oeuvre.
Another option is to add chopped apple and boiled potato for more texture. Green apple really works well, especially with the red onion!
- 10 Recipes That Prove Being Vegan Doesn’t Have to Suck
Vegans and vegetarians have to be more cautious in ensuring that they meet their daily nutritional needs. The same could …
- Heal Your Body From The Inside Out With These 8 Cancer-Fighting Soups
There’s nothing like a good soup to warm you up up from the inside out. Most homemade soups are actually …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- 5 Nourishing Carrot Recipes. #3 Will Make You Drool.
Many parents try telling their children that the more carrots they eat – the better they will be able to …
- Easy And Delicious Apple Pancake Recipe
Available almost anywhere and relatively inexpensive, apples are an ideal fruit to bake with. Many pastry recipes feature apples – …
- Cannabis Coconut Oil – Easy Recipe Combats Pain, Nausea, Seizures, and More
As scientific research takes baby steps into the medicinal qualities of cannabis, we find the door opening to an infinite …
- This Powerful Tea Is The Best Remedy For Swollen Legs
If you have ever experienced swelling in your legs (or your hands or feet for that matter) you know how …
- Researchers Come Across Very “Appealing” Juice…What it Does to Your Blood Pressure is Astounding!
Are you looking to replace blood pressure-lowering drugs with natural, diet-based solutions? Complimenting past findings, recent research reveals that drinking …
- Anti-inflammatory Honey Turmeric Tonic Recipe And 17 Other Master Tonics
If you often find yourself tired or sick, it may be time to start integrating a master tonic or two …
- A Shot of This 4-Superfood Juice Is a Sure Way To Fire Up Your Immune System
Nothing is more inconvenient than a spring cold – that’s why this recipe is such a lifesaver. If you’re feeling …
- These Raw Vegan Coconut-Lemon Meltaways Will NOT Disappoint You
Everyone loves the tart citrus flavor of lemons, especially in desert form. These raw vegan lemon balls have a smooth, …
- Drink This Turmeric Juice For Its Anti-Inflammatory Properties (Just Blend All The Ingredients!)
Turmeric is a popular spice, particularly in India, where it is added to many dishes not only for it’s distinctive …
- This Insanely Delicious Cauliflower Recipe Mixes 7 Powerful Spices To Supercharge Your Body
Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone else in the gender spectrum, I present to you: The Queen Of Cauliflower. Make it for …
- Want To Make Guacamole That Tastes Just Like Chipotle’s? Here’s What You’ll Need.
Avocados are a food that seems to embody our constantly evolving understanding of what’s good for us. Once shunned for …
- 10 Vegan Recipes That Cheese Addicts Will Love
1. Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese This one is a classic. Recipe here. 2. Roasted Sweet Potato and Bean Quesadillas …