Snacking can be the downfall of anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle.
With so many unhealthy options available at arm’s reach, it’s important to keep more reasonable snacks on hand.
And when it comes to healthy snacks, nothing beats fresh veggies and hummus!
The ultimate lovechild of hummus and guacamole, you’ll never go back!
- 1 cup of cooked and cooled organic chick peas
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon of fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of organic extra virgin olive oil
- ½ of an organic avocado
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- Place everything but the cilantro into the blender and pulse until smooth. You can add warm water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time to make it smoother.
- Garnish with cilantro and a drizzle of olive oil and eat immediately.
- The hummus will last a day or two in the refrigerator, but it really looks and tastes better if eaten fresh.
Why Add Avocado
Avocado is a great sources of healthy fats which helps your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins A, D, E and K. They also help lower cholesterol, prevent Alzheimer’s, relieve joint pain and treat depression (1)
The mighty fruit contains almost 20 different vitamins and minerals in every serving. These include b-complex vitmains, pottasium, lutein and folate (2).
Avocados are also said to balance hormones, support vision health, help cellular repair, boost metabolism, and fight heart disease. Plus, they make your hummus smoother and tastier, so there really isn’t any reason not to add avocado!
- Cannabis Coconut Oil – Easy Recipe Combats Pain, Nausea, Seizures, and More
As scientific research takes baby steps into the medicinal qualities of cannabis, we find the door opening to an infinite …
- Chocolate Avocado Cookies FILLED With Cancer-Fighting, Waistline-Busting Ingredients
Most cookies are made up of wheat and sugar, two of the most harmful foods on the market. Whether they’re …
- 12 Matcha Loaded Desserts That Your Body Will Thank You For Eating
Did you know? You can mix Matcha green tea into your desserts for a healthy treat! Matcha contains over six …
- Everyone’s Favorite Antioxidant Source: 6 Blueberry Recipes
Blueberry season is right around the corner, and that means that everyone’s favorite antioxidant source is back. With wild blueberries …
- Beyond Guacamole: 6 Creative Avocado Recipes
Avocados are a fantastic source of monounsaturated fats, as well as a number of vitamins and minerals. You’re probably most …
- Easy And Delicious Apple Pancake Recipe
Available almost anywhere and relatively inexpensive, apples are an ideal fruit to bake with. Many pastry recipes feature apples – …
- Juicing Recipes For That Irritating Sore Throat
Many of the foods in your local supermarket could actually be better at helping an irritating sore throat than over …
- 4 Aloe Vera-Based Drinks To Boost Your Immune System
Aloe vera has a great reputation for its many topical uses, and is also a popular houseplant due to its …
- Creative and Better Ways to Eat Your ‘Trees’
A rich source of vitamins and minerals, fiber, flavonoids and cholesterol lowering nutrients makes broccoli quite a super food. However, sometimes …
- How to Make Chai Tea. (Reduce Inflammation, Strengthen Immunity, and Improve Digestion)
Suffering from indigestion or coming down with a cold? No problem! This unique chai tea recipe will help strengthen your …
- No-Flour Banana Pancakes Are Easy To Make And Rich In Potassium
Who doesn’t love pancakes? They’re sweet, fluffy and simply delicious! They can be combined with all sorts of fruits and …
- Cauliflower, Coconut oil, Ginger, Turmeric Stew – Amazing!
There’s nothing like a nice cup of stew on a cold evening, especially when it’s full of nutritious veggies. Bursting …
- The Fat-Burning Coconut Cookies you Can Eat for Breakfast to Boost Your Metabolism
There are few things more satisfying than a good-for-you cookie. As health-conscious people, we forego junk food and added sugars …
- 12 Recipes for Gluten-Free Cookies You Won’t Be Able to Resist
Gluten is becoming an ever-increasing concern in the Western diet. The volume of people with wheat allergies or sensitivities across …
- Grain-Free Flatbread Recipe: 10 Healthy Ways to Keep Bread In Your Diet
True celiac disease is relatively uncommon. It is an autoimmune condition in which your body simply cannot process the proteins …