Snacking can be the downfall of anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle.
With so many unhealthy options available at arm’s reach, it’s important to keep more reasonable snacks on hand.
And when it comes to healthy snacks, nothing beats fresh veggies and hummus!
The ultimate lovechild of hummus and guacamole, you’ll never go back!
- 1 cup of cooked and cooled organic chick peas
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon of fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of organic extra virgin olive oil
- ½ of an organic avocado
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- Place everything but the cilantro into the blender and pulse until smooth. You can add warm water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time to make it smoother.
- Garnish with cilantro and a drizzle of olive oil and eat immediately.
- The hummus will last a day or two in the refrigerator, but it really looks and tastes better if eaten fresh.
Why Add Avocado
Avocado is a great sources of healthy fats which helps your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins A, D, E and K. They also help lower cholesterol, prevent Alzheimer’s, relieve joint pain and treat depression (1)
The mighty fruit contains almost 20 different vitamins and minerals in every serving. These include b-complex vitmains, pottasium, lutein and folate (2).
Avocados are also said to balance hormones, support vision health, help cellular repair, boost metabolism, and fight heart disease. Plus, they make your hummus smoother and tastier, so there really isn’t any reason not to add avocado!
- How To Make a Simple Remineralizing Toothpaste At Home
With so many commercially available toothpastes on the market, why make your own? Aside from the satisfaction of knowing exactly …
- This is The Easiest, Simplest Way to Make a Healthy Delicious Snack.
This snack idea came from a photo shoot, let me explain. Every photo shoot is catered whether it is in …
- Refreshing Homemade Ginger Ale to Help You Deal With Migraines And Inflammation
Ginger is a versatile, cheap, and easy-to-find spice that can be used in all sorts of recipes, but most importantly …
- Simple Homemade Syrup Cures Cough And Removes Phlegm From The Lungs
You’ve probably heard a lot about how carrots are good for your eyes, but you’ve probably never heard that they …
- 12 Juicing Recipes That Keep You Out of Bed While You’re Traveling
We all know that there are health issues that you might suffer from when travelling such as dehydration from sun …
- 5 Pleasing Sweet Potato Recipes. #3 Makes for a Healthy Breafkast.
Organic sweet potatoes are relatively cheap considering the amount of goodness they contain. They contain high levels of vitamin B6, …
- A Green Smoothie That Doesn’t Taste Like Grass!
If you’re looking for a super-clean, super-tasty start to the day when you wake up in the morning, be sure …
- 5 Mouth-Watering Apple Recipes
No need to over-complicate things when searching for that healthy snack in the supermarket when an apple can provide you …
- Creative and Better Ways to Eat Your ‘Trees’
A rich source of vitamins and minerals, fiber, flavonoids and cholesterol lowering nutrients makes broccoli quite a super food. However, sometimes …
- How To Make Homemade Matcha Marshmallows
There are plenty of reasons to avoid artificial food dyes. Studies have linked them to behavioral problems in children, including …
- Here’s How To Make Your Own Kombucha Tea (You’ll Love This Probiotic-Rich Beverage!)
Kombucha is a fermented tea drink that has been gaining popularity recently due to many claims about its health-promoting properties. …
- They Said Drinking Turmeric Tea Is Good For You…Here’s What They Didn’t Tell You
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years and western medicine is finally catching on. …
- Homemade Herbal Decongestant – Instant Fire Cider
Autumn is a great time of year to start a batch of traditional fire cider, pungent and spicy blend of …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- How To Make Your Own Raw Banana And Almond Butter Ice Cream
As the weather heats up, the hunt is on for refreshing, cold snacks that are also good for you. A …