Snacking can be the downfall of anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle.
With so many unhealthy options available at arm’s reach, it’s important to keep more reasonable snacks on hand.
And when it comes to healthy snacks, nothing beats fresh veggies and hummus!
The ultimate lovechild of hummus and guacamole, you’ll never go back!
- 1 cup of cooked and cooled organic chick peas
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon of fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of organic extra virgin olive oil
- ½ of an organic avocado
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- Place everything but the cilantro into the blender and pulse until smooth. You can add warm water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time to make it smoother.
- Garnish with cilantro and a drizzle of olive oil and eat immediately.
- The hummus will last a day or two in the refrigerator, but it really looks and tastes better if eaten fresh.
Why Add Avocado
Avocado is a great sources of healthy fats which helps your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins A, D, E and K. They also help lower cholesterol, prevent Alzheimer’s, relieve joint pain and treat depression (1)
The mighty fruit contains almost 20 different vitamins and minerals in every serving. These include b-complex vitmains, pottasium, lutein and folate (2).
Avocados are also said to balance hormones, support vision health, help cellular repair, boost metabolism, and fight heart disease. Plus, they make your hummus smoother and tastier, so there really isn’t any reason not to add avocado!
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- How To Make Alkaline Water To Fight Fatigue, Digestive Issues And Cancer
Is alkaline water good for you? A healthy body should always be slightly alkaline. The majority of people today, however, tend to …
- Simple Avocado Pudding That Can Balance Hormones, Boost Metabolism, And Fight Disease
When we think of pudding, we think of something sweet, creamy, and decadent. This recipe is all of that—except decadent. …
- Curb Sugar Cravings With This Homemade Cinnamon Coconut Kefir Water
Kefir (pronounced kee-fer), a cultured milk product from the Caucasus Mountains in Eastern Europe, has seen a rise in popularity …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- How To Make Your Own “Tea of Immortality” At Home With This Foolproof Recipe
The origin of Kombucha is a thing of legends. Depending on whom you ask, you may get a completely different …
- The Fat-Burning Coconut Cookies you Can Eat for Breakfast to Boost Your Metabolism
There are few things more satisfying than a good-for-you cookie. As health-conscious people, we forego junk food and added sugars …
- This Powerful Tea Is The Best Remedy For Swollen Legs
If you have ever experienced swelling in your legs (or your hands or feet for that matter) you know how …
- 5 Delicious Fruit-Infused Water Recipes To Drink Instead Of Soda
Soda can feel like a cool, refreshing drink on a hot day, but it’s hardly the most health-conscious option available. …
- Ginger, Honey and Cinnamon Mixture to Reverse Inflammation, Colds, Flu, Cramps, Diabetes And Cancer
Tea is often the first thing we reach for when we aren’t feeling well. While green tea has many benefits, …
- 9 Amazing “No-Bread” Sandwich Ideas That Will Make You Drool
In recent years, many people have sworn off bread due to gluten intolerance or weight gain. So what is it like …
- Grain-Free Flatbread Recipe: 10 Healthy Ways to Keep Bread In Your Diet
True celiac disease is relatively uncommon. It is an autoimmune condition in which your body simply cannot process the proteins …
- 14 Ways To Make Turmeric Drinks To Reduce Pain And Inflammation
drinksTurmeric is by far one of the most popular and celebrated health foods of the decade. It’s been around for …