Who knew that lemon pudding can actually help you manage arthritis?
Joint pain is not only extremely painful, it is also frustrating because it can limit your quality of life.
Your joints form a vital connection between your bones.
Injured or damaged joints can make movement exceedingly difficult and ultimately wreak havoc on your day-to-day life. Whether a result of an injury or illness, the ensuing inflammation and pain can become chronic and debilitating.
As much as 33 percent of the population experiences mild to debilitating joint pain on any given day (1).
The Natural Solution
Traditional medicine typically offers anti-inflammatory medications to deal with the pain, which come with a slew of nasty side effects. While these drugs may address this issue, the underlying cause(s) of the inflammation are rarely investigated, leaving people dependent on medications to simply get through the day.
And what’s worse, over time, these toxic drugs only exacerbate inflammation and leave you lost in an endless cycle of pain and frustration.
But there’s hope. Holistic doctors and nutritionists have been touting the power of whole foods for centuries. After all, nature is truly the world’s biggest and most complete medicine cabinet. Unlike the symptom-oriented mindset of conventional medicine, natural medicine targets the root cause of illness while nourishing the body from the inside out. And when it comes to joint pain and inflammation, whole foods can be a true catalyst for healing.
To get you started, here is a delicious joint healing lemon pudding recipe that will help to keep you moving all day long.
This tropical lemon pudding will lubricate your joints and help heal injured cartilage.
Makes 3-5 small servings
Coconut Lemon PuddingYou'll need:
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. grass-fed gelatin
- 2 cups full-fat organic coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stevia, raw honey or maple syrup to taste
- Pour ½ cup water in a saucepan and sprinkle in the gelatin. Set aside until the gelatin becomes soft and spongy (about a few minutes).
- In a mixing bowl, add the lemon juice,coconut milk, and vanilla.
- Heat the gelatin mixture on low just until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in your sweetener.
- Whisk the gelatin into the lemon mixture.
- Divide your pudding between 3-5 small glasses and chill until set.
*Vegetarians and vegans can substitute gelatin for 3 tbsp. of agar powder or agar flakes.
This simple lemon pudding is nothing without these star ingredients!
This milk is full of protein and beneficial fats in the form of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs). MCFAs are much easier for your body to break down than long-chain fatty acids (LCFAs) like those found in vegetable or seed oils. As such, MCFAs are converted to energy instead of being stored as fat like LCFAs.
MCFAs are also one of nature’s best anti-inflammatories. Studies even show that their anti-inflammatory powers reach beyond your joints and can even help with intestinal inflammation (2).
The lemon juice in this recipe also works to heal inflamed joints by providing a rich source of vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoids. Together these potent antioxidants work to boost your immunity, energy levels and detoxify your body, thus reducing inflammation (3).
When it comes to arthritis, studies also show that vitamin C-rich foods, such as lemons, provide protection against inflammatory polyarthritis. This lesser-known disease is a form of rheumatoid arthritis that affects two or more joints (4,5). As an added bonus, lemons are known to help boost metabolism, thus helping you lose weight and ease pressure off your joints.
Studies further show that specific compounds called limonoids in lemons and other citrus fruits can help fight cancers of the mouth, skin, lung, breast, stomach and colon (6). Some studies suggest you should drink a half cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with water every day. This raises citrate levels in your urine and prevents kidney stones (7).
Gelatin is full of amino acids, minerals, and protein.
One of the many benefits of gelatin is that it is a key source of amino acids such as glycine that strengthens your gut lining and lowers inflammation and can even prevent leaky gut (8).
Studies also show that gelatin can help people who are suffering from joint and bone pain and related issues such as osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, and even soreness associated with exercise or injury (9,10).
Of course, vegans can make their own version of this lemon pudding, but it won’t have the same joint-healing effects.
- Natural Substance Found in Ginger Destroys Leukemia Without Harming Normal Cells, Study Finds
A new study is starting to make waves around the world . Scientists have discovered that 6-Shagaol, a primary ingredient in …
- This Type of Butter Causes Acne, Breast and Prostate Cancers
Butter is back in our good books. A flurry of recent studies has targeted the common belief that butter contributes …
- 5 Dangerous Dish Soaps That Are Full Of Cancer-Causing Chemicals!
Washing dishes by hand is seen as healthier than using a dishwasher, mainly because traditional dish soap typically contains fewer …
- Vapen Clear: Meet The World’s First Cannabis Inhaler
One of the things that distinguished illicit drugs from medicine is the way it is administered. Despite the fact the …
- 15 Anti-cancer Tips Gathered From The Best Natural Cancer Protocols Ever Discovered
The best method to prevent cancer from ever developing is not giving it any reasons to do so. But that isn’t …
- 7 Conditions that are Caused by Sleeping with Wet Hair
If you find yourself frequently sleeping with wet hair, you may think twice after reading this. You won’t magically wake …
- Here’s What You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Baking Soda (From Fighting Heartburn To Cancer)
Baking soda is one of those things that can do pretty much anything. Whether you use it for cleaning, personal hygiene …
- One of The Best Natural Cancer Treatments of All Time. And It’s FREE!
We’ve all heard that “laughter is the best medicine” but could it really be true? Medical studies have shown time …
- 6 Unexpected Things That Happen To Your Body When You Stop Eating Meat
Going vegetarian or not is ultimately a personal choice – there are advantages and disadvantages to a vegetarian diet, but …
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Get Aspartame Poisoning From Diet Sodas
You may have never heard about it but aspartame poisoning is very real. Also known under different names such as …
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Don’t Need To Be Afraid of Cholesterol
Cholesterol may have a pretty bad reputation, but that’s mainly because people don’t understand it. Sure, high concentrations of bad …
- Ice in 6 out of 10 Restaurants has More Bacteria Than Water From Toilets
A survey of ice served in ten British fast food restaurants found that at six of them, there were more …
- 1 Spoonful of This Superfood Every Day Fights Deadly Yeast Infections
When you think of a coconut, you probably picture tropical beaches and swaying palm trees, but this mighty food (also …
- Mom Says This Diet Cured Her Son’s Autism
The incidence of autism spectrum disorders (ASD) has exploded in the United States from 1 in 5000 children in 1975 …
- World’s Most Popular Multivitamin Is Useless And Contains Toxic Chemicals And Artificial Colors
“That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” While this may be true for …