Who knew that lemon pudding can actually help you manage arthritis?
Joint pain is not only extremely painful, it is also frustrating because it can limit your quality of life.
Your joints form a vital connection between your bones.
Injured or damaged joints can make movement exceedingly difficult and ultimately wreak havoc on your day-to-day life. Whether a result of an injury or illness, the ensuing inflammation and pain can become chronic and debilitating.
As much as 33 percent of the population experiences mild to debilitating joint pain on any given day (1).
The Natural Solution
Traditional medicine typically offers anti-inflammatory medications to deal with the pain, which come with a slew of nasty side effects. While these drugs may address this issue, the underlying cause(s) of the inflammation are rarely investigated, leaving people dependent on medications to simply get through the day.
And what’s worse, over time, these toxic drugs only exacerbate inflammation and leave you lost in an endless cycle of pain and frustration.
But there’s hope. Holistic doctors and nutritionists have been touting the power of whole foods for centuries. After all, nature is truly the world’s biggest and most complete medicine cabinet. Unlike the symptom-oriented mindset of conventional medicine, natural medicine targets the root cause of illness while nourishing the body from the inside out. And when it comes to joint pain and inflammation, whole foods can be a true catalyst for healing.
To get you started, here is a delicious joint healing lemon pudding recipe that will help to keep you moving all day long.
This tropical lemon pudding will lubricate your joints and help heal injured cartilage.
Makes 3-5 small servings
Coconut Lemon PuddingYou'll need:
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. grass-fed gelatin
- 2 cups full-fat organic coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stevia, raw honey or maple syrup to taste
- Pour ½ cup water in a saucepan and sprinkle in the gelatin. Set aside until the gelatin becomes soft and spongy (about a few minutes).
- In a mixing bowl, add the lemon juice,coconut milk, and vanilla.
- Heat the gelatin mixture on low just until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in your sweetener.
- Whisk the gelatin into the lemon mixture.
- Divide your pudding between 3-5 small glasses and chill until set.
*Vegetarians and vegans can substitute gelatin for 3 tbsp. of agar powder or agar flakes.
This simple lemon pudding is nothing without these star ingredients!
This milk is full of protein and beneficial fats in the form of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs). MCFAs are much easier for your body to break down than long-chain fatty acids (LCFAs) like those found in vegetable or seed oils. As such, MCFAs are converted to energy instead of being stored as fat like LCFAs.
MCFAs are also one of nature’s best anti-inflammatories. Studies even show that their anti-inflammatory powers reach beyond your joints and can even help with intestinal inflammation (2).
The lemon juice in this recipe also works to heal inflamed joints by providing a rich source of vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoids. Together these potent antioxidants work to boost your immunity, energy levels and detoxify your body, thus reducing inflammation (3).
When it comes to arthritis, studies also show that vitamin C-rich foods, such as lemons, provide protection against inflammatory polyarthritis. This lesser-known disease is a form of rheumatoid arthritis that affects two or more joints (4,5). As an added bonus, lemons are known to help boost metabolism, thus helping you lose weight and ease pressure off your joints.
Studies further show that specific compounds called limonoids in lemons and other citrus fruits can help fight cancers of the mouth, skin, lung, breast, stomach and colon (6). Some studies suggest you should drink a half cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with water every day. This raises citrate levels in your urine and prevents kidney stones (7).
Gelatin is full of amino acids, minerals, and protein.
One of the many benefits of gelatin is that it is a key source of amino acids such as glycine that strengthens your gut lining and lowers inflammation and can even prevent leaky gut (8).
Studies also show that gelatin can help people who are suffering from joint and bone pain and related issues such as osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, and even soreness associated with exercise or injury (9,10).
Of course, vegans can make their own version of this lemon pudding, but it won’t have the same joint-healing effects.
- Massage THIS Oil On Your Wrists To SOOTHE Carpal Tunnel Pain In 4 Weeks Or Less
If you’re trying to ignore the sharp, shooting pain in your wrist right now, then you probably know the effects …
- This Miraculous Drink Will Work Wonders For Your Thyroid
A healthy thyroid means a healthy you! The thyroid gland is responsible for regulating our metabolism. It helps maintain our weight, improves digestion, skin …
- This Chart Tells You EXACTLY How Much Sleep You Need To Get According To Your Age
We all know at least one workaholic who sacrifices a few hours of sleep each night to stay productive and get …
- The Shrimp You Eat May Not be What You Think It Is
We can spend hours in the grocery store reading labels. We want to make the best choices for our families. …
- Got Wrinkles? Find Anti-Aging Skincare Fixes In Your Kitchen
There are plenty of lotions and creams out there to fight wrinkles and other signs of aging skin, but store-bought …
- Socially Conscious Vegan Condoms are The New Hotness
How to do what comes naturally with a natural contraceptive and help others avoid life-threatening disease all at the same …
- A Tide of Evidence Washes Away Flawed Fish Oil Prostate Cancer Study
We hear about omega fatty acids all the time. The one thing everyone agrees on is that they are required …
- Top 10 Signs You May Have a Thyroid Problem And What You Can Do About It
The thyroid is a small gland located in the center of the neck. Most people don’t think that much about …
- Speed Up Your Metabolism with These 10 Proven Tips
#1 Maintain a Regular Eating Schedule If you are looking to stay healthy and lose weight it is best to …
- How To Make Your Own Natural Antibiotic
Antibiotic resistance is becoming a really big threat to public safety. This phenomenon occurs when bacteria that has been exposed to …
- 7 Foods and Nutrients Proven To Cut Macular Degeneration Risk
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a condition during which central vision deteriorates over time due to a damaged macula—a small, …
- 4 Natural Ways to Protect Your Liver From Prescription Drug Damage
Your liver carries a great deal of responsibility in your body, most having to do with filtering the blood to …
- Turmeric Protects Skin from UVB Radiation and Aging, Concludes Japanese Study
The Holy Powder of India, turmeric, is spreading its healing influence around the world, blessing the open mind with its …
- Handy Guide To Vitamins A-K
Vitamins like minerals are nutrients that are required by your body in order to function properly. A vitamin deficiency occurs …
- Press These Points On Your Baby’s Feet To Soothe Their Pain For Better Sleep
There isn’t anything quite as heartbreaking as a parent than hearing your baby cry and not knowing what’s wrong. Some …