Joints are the connective tissue between bones. Joint pain reduces mobility, which can begin as something mildly irritating only to progress into a debilitating condition.
Common sufferers of joint pain include older, overweight or injury-laden people. In fact, Web MD explains that many different conditions can lead to painful joints, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, bursitis, gout, strains, sprains, and other injuries.
How To Treat Joint Pain
Studies have frequently shown that the regular consumption of organic gelatin is an effective way to treat arthritic and joint pain.
Gelatin is a protein obtained by boiling down animal products and contains collagen, which in turn helps form cartilage and bone.
Collagen is a fibrous protein that strengthens the body’s connective tissues, allowing them to be elastic so they can stretch without breaking. As you get older, your body makes less collagen, and individual collagen fibers become increasingly cross-linked with each other. via HowStuffWorks
In fact, because of its collagen content, gelatin has been proven to treat rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis, as well as aid in the recovery of stress-related injuries.
Chris D’Adamo, PhD, assistant professor at the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore and an integrative medical specialist, suggests that “gelatin reduces arthritis pain, probably because it’s just ground-up cartilage.” via ArthritisHelpTips
In a 2000 study, 175 patients suffering from osteoarthritis were given daily supplements of gelatin, calcium and vitamin C. Researchers found that gelatin supplementation lead to significant improvements on the patients’ joint stiffness, pain levels and mobility (1).
“This suggests that gelatin supplementation has the potential to improve knee function during activities that cause high amounts of stress on the joint,” according to Sean S. McCarthy, MS, from the Center for Clinical and Lifestyle Research in Shrewsbury, Mass. via WebMD
See also: anti inflammatory foods
How to Make Pomegranate Gelatin
- 2 pomegranate (peeled)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 Tbsp of organic honey
- 4 Tbsp of powdered gelatin
- In a pan, bring the water to boil
- Add the pomegranates
- Cover it and let it cook on medium heat for 25 minutes or until the water becomes very red.
- Remove from the heat and pass through a strainer to get ride of the pomegranate grains.
- Put it back in the pan and add the gelatin and whisk until it dissolves
- Add the organic honey and stir for 1-2 minutes
- Pour into your favorite silicone mold and store in the fridge for 1 hour (grease your mold with some coconut oil so it will be easier to remove the gummies)
Gelatin has many other important benefits, including:
1. Prevents Toxic Build-Up
Gelatin helps the body detoxify because it contains glycerine, an amino acid that boosts the liver’s capacity to remove toxins from the body.
2. Is Rich In Protein
Each tablespoon contains 6 grams of protein to help your body build new muscles (2). This helps keep your full musculoskeletal system in top shape.
3. Improves Skin Elasticity
Regular consumption of gelatin can improve skin quality because it is essentially “cooked down” collagen, which can help give skin a more firm and youthful appearance and reduce wrinkles.
- 11 Worst Arthritis Pain Mistakes Everyone Should Avoid
Arthritis pain is one of the most common conditions experienced by mankind, and to date is one of the least …
- 23 Best Yoga Poses for Neck Pain
According to recent estimates, somewhere around 10% adults are experiencing neck pain at any given time. (1) As much as 50% of …
- Got Knee Pain? Try This Cinnamon-Pineapple Smoothie To Nourish Your Joints And Fight Inflammation
Your knees keep you mobile and strong throughout your life. They’re also one of the first areas of your body …
- Eating Sesame Seeds Is Superior To Tylenol For Knee Arthritis
A remarkable new study published in the International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases confirms that food is not only medicine, but …
- 11 Worst Knee Pain Causes That Can’t Be Ignored
Knee pain is an extremely common ailment, with pain levels ranging from mildly annoying to severe and debilitating. Knee pain …
- The Ultimate Ginger-Turmeric-Carrot Juice To Replace Your Pain And Inflammation Meds
Anyone suffering from arthritis understands how much the condition can make everyday life difficult. When it’s experienced in the knees …
- Say Goodbye To Pain In Your Joints, Legs and Spine With This Proven Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
Unfortunately, it’s common for older adults to feel pain in the back, knees, legs and ankles. This is especially true …
- 19 Ways To Ease Pain From Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) occurs when the nerves that run through a small space in the wrist become compressed. It’s …
- 5 Worst Foods For Arthritis & Joint Pain
Managing arthritis can be a full-time job. There are certain activities and medication to be avoided to keep pain levels …
- People Go Crazy For This Recipe! It Heals Knee, Bone and Joint Pain
Like any machine, over time our bodies wear down. Joints are especially susceptible to wear and tear because of the …
- Study Shows Superior Results For Curcumin Treatment in Patients With Active Rheumatoid Arthritis
Turmeric, the bright orange cousin of ginger, has graduated from a colorful spice in Indian cuisine, to a widely recognized …
- How To Make An Apple Cider Vinegar Soak To Treat Arthritis And Joint Pain
Arthritis can be debilitating. If you are used to being active, dealing with chronic inflammation, pain, and stiffness in your …
- Say Goodbye to Gout Forever With This Powerful Natural Treatment!
Gout is a painful condition that can occur when your body is producing an excess amount of uric acid but luckily natural …
- Heal Your Neck Pain And Stiff Joints With This Homemade Essential Oils Cream
More than 50% of adults have had neck pain during the past year. Office worker are even more likely to …
- How To Quickly Remove Uric Acid Crystallization From Your Body To Prevent Gout And Joint Pain
The formation of uric acid crystals in your joints is a perfect example of poor lifestyle choices. Left unattended, it …