There’s nothing like a bout of inflammation to keep you cooped up in your home and unable to move.
And while inflammation can be caused by intense exercise or injury, many people live with debilitating chronic inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
Since inflammation is part of your body’s natural healing process, when the process goes out of whack, the best way to get it back on track is to feed it with natural healing foods.
Whether you’re experiencing a little unusual swelling or suffer from it daily, this natural smoothie will help your get back on your feet and regain your mobility.
Eat this for breakfast or take it as a snack to keep you going after long periods on your feet! For best results, use all-organic ingredients.
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed
- 1 cup spinach—washed well
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon tart cherry juice
- A crack of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
- 1 1/2 cups spring or purified water
- ½ a small avocado—peeled and seeded
- Wash and prepare all the ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients in your blender and pulse at high speed until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately or keep it in a jar in the fridge to eat later in the day.
Tart cherry juice combats gout by neutralizing uric acid and fighting c-reactive protein, a biomarker of inflammation. It also works on inflammation in your tissues and blood vessels. The Oregon Health & Science University even suggested that tart cherries have the “highest anti-inflammatory content of any food.” (4).
- Top 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods You Can Eat Every Day
The links between chronic inflammation and increased risk of diseases like cancer are well documented – as one study puts …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- 30 Simple and Effective Whole Food Substitutes to Improve Your Total Wellness Right Away
If you haven’t caught up by now, the Standard American Diet – appropriately nicknamed SAD – is horrible. It’s literally …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- This Drink Will Burn Stomach Fat 4X Faster, Prevent Cancer, Improve Energy And Remove Toxins
Most tea can be found either in tea bag or loose leaf form. Occasionally, it can also be fermented and …
- Do Not Use Apple Cider Vinegar If You’re On Any Of These Medications
Nothing exists in a vacuum. Our bodies are complex organisms that are constantly moving, with chemicals acting and interacting. Sometimes …
- Top 10 Plant-Based Protein Foods You Should Be Eating
Proteins (comprised of a variety of twenty amino acids) provide cell structure and serve as neurotransmitters between cells. There’s protein …
- How Taking Turmeric Helps Your Body Block Fat and Your Liver Remove Toxins as Fast as Possible
Turmeric, “the golden spice”, is a staple in India and surrounding regions. As of late, it’s becoming increasingly popular in …
- The First U.S. School District to Begin Serving Only Organic, GMO-Free Meals
Hail to the trailblazers! No one would argue the importance of nutrition, especially for children. As their bodies develop, they …
- Soak Chia Seeds To Supercharge Your Metabolism, Burn Fat And Fight Inflammation
You may have heard about chia pets, the adorable children’s toy made from sprouted seeds. These beloved toys are actually …
- 92 Alkaline Foods That Fight Cancer, Inflammation, Diabetes and Heart Disease
Human life, just like all life on earth, depends on appropriate pH levels in and around living organisms and cells. …
- 11 Good Reasons Why Ignoring Polyphenols In Your Diet Is a Big Mistake!
What is something that dark chocolate, green tea, red wine, blueberries, flaxseed, and coffee all have in common? Polyphenols! Polyphenols …
- Top 13 Inflammatory Foods You Should Avoid
As we get older, our bodies don’t always keep up. Muscles aren’t as strong as they used to be, skin …
- How Much Water Do We Need To Drink, According To Our Weight?
If you’ve never taken the time to appreciate all the health benefits of water, now may just be the right …
- How To Make Alkaline Water To Fight Fatigue, Digestive Issues And Cancer
Is alkaline water good for you? A healthy body should always be slightly alkaline. The majority of people today, however, tend to …