There’s nothing like a bout of inflammation to keep you cooped up in your home and unable to move.
And while inflammation can be caused by intense exercise or injury, many people live with debilitating chronic inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
Since inflammation is part of your body’s natural healing process, when the process goes out of whack, the best way to get it back on track is to feed it with natural healing foods.
Whether you’re experiencing a little unusual swelling or suffer from it daily, this natural smoothie will help your get back on your feet and regain your mobility.
Eat this for breakfast or take it as a snack to keep you going after long periods on your feet! For best results, use all-organic ingredients.
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed
- 1 cup spinach—washed well
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon tart cherry juice
- A crack of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
- 1 1/2 cups spring or purified water
- ½ a small avocado—peeled and seeded
- Wash and prepare all the ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients in your blender and pulse at high speed until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately or keep it in a jar in the fridge to eat later in the day.
Tart cherry juice combats gout by neutralizing uric acid and fighting c-reactive protein, a biomarker of inflammation. It also works on inflammation in your tissues and blood vessels. The Oregon Health & Science University even suggested that tart cherries have the “highest anti-inflammatory content of any food.” (4).
- Researchers Discover Simple Compound in Olive Oil That Kills Cancer Cells in 30 Minutes
A study published in the journal Molecular & Cellular Oncology has revealed compelling evidence that a novel approach to cancer …
- Are Bananas As Bad For You As Cookies?
Have you ever noticed how some foods seem to fill you up for hours and others leave you feeling even …
- 7 Benefits You Get From Eating Bananas And 10 Weirdly Useful Things You Can Do With Banana Peels
Health Benefits of Bananas What are the health benefits of bananas? Bananas, the little fruit that is neatly packed …
- Reasons to Go Raw
A raw food diet is an easy transition and makes you feel great. Heidi Kaufman, a licensed nutritionist and dietician, …
- Gluten-free Lemon Pound Cake with Maple Syrup, Coconut and No Dairy at All
There is something especially satisfying and decadent about a rich pound cake—moist and sweet, on its own or with a …
- These Things Happen to Your Body When You Eat Oatmeal Every Day
“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” That’s hardly news. But what’s even more important is what you eat …
- Here’s How You Can Increase Turmeric Absorption By Adding Two Simple Ingredients
When we talk about eating foods for their specific health benefits, many people think simply eating the food is enough. …
- 6 Filling Foods to Boost Your Weight Loss Efforts
Trying to lose weight? You already know what a challenge it can be – especially if you’re left feeling hungry …
- Study Exposes The Exact Effect of Energy Drinks On The Heart (And It’s Not Pretty!)
Energy Drinks have been found to cause irreversible damage to tooth enamel and detrimentally affect the contraction of the heart. …
- Here’s The Surprising Reason Why Eating Bananas With Brown Spots Is Better
When it comes to produce, most people believe that the fresher, the better. Especially when it comes to bananas. Bananas …
- These Raw Vegan Coconut-Lemon Meltaways Will NOT Disappoint You
Everyone loves the tart citrus flavor of lemons, especially in desert form. These raw vegan lemon balls have a smooth, …
- 11 Amazing Uses for Onions You Never Knew About (From Insomnia to Preventing Cancer)
Onions–you either love ’em or you hate ’em. If you love ’em, you’re in luck: onions are part of the …
- Organic Food – Who Can We Trust?
(originally written by Jonathan Landsman) Organic food is big business. According to the Organic Trade Association, U.S. sales of organic food …
- How Much Should You be Eating? It’s Probably Less Than You Think.
How much you eat should be determined by your goals. Typically people have a goal of fat loss or muscle gain. …
- This Tree’s Natural Sap Does Far More For Your Health Than Just Sweeten Your Food
Maple syrup is one of the many wonders of the world and far more than a simple sweetener. Maple syrup …