There’s nothing like a bout of inflammation to keep you cooped up in your home and unable to move.
And while inflammation can be caused by intense exercise or injury, many people live with debilitating chronic inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
Since inflammation is part of your body’s natural healing process, when the process goes out of whack, the best way to get it back on track is to feed it with natural healing foods.
Whether you’re experiencing a little unusual swelling or suffer from it daily, this natural smoothie will help your get back on your feet and regain your mobility.
Eat this for breakfast or take it as a snack to keep you going after long periods on your feet! For best results, use all-organic ingredients.
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed
- 1 cup spinach—washed well
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon tart cherry juice
- A crack of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
- 1 1/2 cups spring or purified water
- ½ a small avocado—peeled and seeded
- Wash and prepare all the ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients in your blender and pulse at high speed until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately or keep it in a jar in the fridge to eat later in the day.
Tart cherry juice combats gout by neutralizing uric acid and fighting c-reactive protein, a biomarker of inflammation. It also works on inflammation in your tissues and blood vessels. The Oregon Health & Science University even suggested that tart cherries have the “highest anti-inflammatory content of any food.” (4).
- 8 Incredible Benefits Beetroots Can Offer You
Remember being told you eat your beetroot at the Sunday dinner table every time you went to have dinner at …
- 5 Delicious Fruit-Infused Water Recipes To Drink Instead Of Soda
Soda can feel like a cool, refreshing drink on a hot day, but it’s hardly the most health-conscious option available. …
- 5 Shocking Reasons to Rethink Chicken
When it comes to your health, you have to be able to trust the provider of the food you eat. …
- Apricot Seeds Kill Cancer Cells Without Side Effects
While fresh apricots may not be the most available fruit—they are only in season in North America from May to …
- Dirt Poor: Have Fruits and Vegetables Become Less Nutritious?
They don’t make ’em like they used to. True about cars, refrigerators, radios, and virtually every other consumable good–including food. …
- The Watermelon You Should Never, Ever Eat!
When you think of watermelon, you probably think of fond summer memories. It’s generally accepted that a picnic or cookout …
- New Methodology Shows Higher Levels of Antioxidants In Fibre Than Previously Believed
The antioxidant activity of citrus juices and other foods is undervalued. A new technique developed by researchers from the University …
- Eating at Home Vs. Eating Out. 4 Compelling Reasons To Cook Your Own Meals.
How many meals per week are you eating away from home? Over the last 40 years, more and more people …
- Sugar Addiction Kills More People Than Illegal Drugs
Calling All Sugar-Fiends! Did you know that little white stuff you sprinkle into your coffee, that’s hidden in your granola …
- 5 Athlete-Building Beetroot Recipes
Beetroot has taken center stage since the 2013 Paralympics when athlete David Weir won four gold medals and boasted it was …
- Top 8 Food Companies That Sold You Lies
The nature and basis of the capitalist system is a competitive market. Manufacturers produce what the market wants and buyers …
- 8 Shocking Reasons GMOs are Bad for You
Genetically modified organisms, or GMOs, are created when a gene from one species is transferred to another, creating something that …
- 8 Morning Drinks Can Flush Pounds of Toxins And Waste From Your Body In No Time
You wouldn’t think twice about bringing your car in for a tune-up—check the fluids, change the filters and otherwise make …
- McDonald’s Cozies Up to Foodies to Prove Its Food is ‘Real’
This falls into the category of “surely you must be joking”. In efforts to improve its flagging sales, McDonald’s recently …
- 4 Amazing Benefits You Probably Don’t Know About Asparagus
This cruciferous vegetable is an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, beta- carotene, and vitamin B6, among other important nutrients, and …