There’s nothing like a bout of inflammation to keep you cooped up in your home and unable to move.
And while inflammation can be caused by intense exercise or injury, many people live with debilitating chronic inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
Since inflammation is part of your body’s natural healing process, when the process goes out of whack, the best way to get it back on track is to feed it with natural healing foods.
Whether you’re experiencing a little unusual swelling or suffer from it daily, this natural smoothie will help your get back on your feet and regain your mobility.
Eat this for breakfast or take it as a snack to keep you going after long periods on your feet! For best results, use all-organic ingredients.
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed
- 1 cup spinach—washed well
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon tart cherry juice
- A crack of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
- 1 1/2 cups spring or purified water
- ½ a small avocado—peeled and seeded
- Wash and prepare all the ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients in your blender and pulse at high speed until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately or keep it in a jar in the fridge to eat later in the day.
Tart cherry juice combats gout by neutralizing uric acid and fighting c-reactive protein, a biomarker of inflammation. It also works on inflammation in your tissues and blood vessels. The Oregon Health & Science University even suggested that tart cherries have the “highest anti-inflammatory content of any food.” (4).