Gout is a painful condition that can occur when your body is producing an excess amount of uric acid but luckily natural treatment may help.
These high levels lead to gout — but not right away. In fact, uric acid levels are typically elevated for 20 to 30 years before they cause any trouble, which is why gout usually occurs in middle-aged and older people. (source)
Generally, uric acid is filtered and expelled through your urine thanks to your kidneys.
So when your kidneys don’t work properly the high levels of uric acid turn to urate crystals and accumulate in your joint, causing the inflammation and intense pain of a gout attack. (source) But is there a gout natural treatment for when your kidneys don’t function as they should?
If you’re having a hard time dealing with this chronic condition and don’t want to rely on aspirins or pharmaceutical pills for the rest of your life, try the following recipe.
See also: anti inflammatory foods
Powerful Gout Fighting Juice Recipe
The natural healing and anti-inflammatory properties of these foods can help relieve your symptoms the same way non-steroidal anti-inflammatory would. They also serve as a very good gout natural treatment.
- 1 pineapple
- 1-2 teaspoons of powdered turmeric
- 2-3 teaspoons of powdered ginger, or 1 inch off of a fresh ginger root
- 1 cup of tart cherry juice
- raw honey (optional)
- Cut the skin off of the pineapple. Make sure to use the stem of the pineapple that’s where you’ll find the highest concentration of bromelain.
- Slice the pineapple into chunks that are roughly the same size and toss them in your food processor or blender. Blend until they are evenly mashed up.
- Pour in 1 cup of tart cherry juice, and then sprinkle in the turmeric and ginger.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to 10 days. Consume the drink every day.
- And whenever you pour yourself a glass, you can add honey to taste if you’d like.