Turmeric is definitely one of the world’s healthiest spice.
This mighty root is known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant antibacterial, antiseptic and healing properties (1).
Honestly, is there anything this spice can’t do? Here are six creative ways to use turmeric at home.
Go-To Turmeric Recipes
Delicious ways to get your daily dose.
1. Sweet Potato Wedges
Works well with carrots too!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil on the paper to avoid sticking.
- Wash and peel potatoes and dry thoroughly
- Cut them into 1inch wedges.
- Place wedges into a large bowl and toss with olive oil and spices until evenly coated.
- Spread wedges on the baking sheet and cook for about 10-15 minutes on each side.
2. Golden milk
Drink it before bed for an extra restful sleep.
- 1 cup milk (almond, coconut, or organic cow’s milk)
- 1 teaspoon raw organic coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric paste (or more, to taste)
- Honey, to taste (unpasteurized and local, if you can get it)
- Combine all ingredients except honey in a small saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- When completely blended and hot (but not boiling), remove from heat.
- Add honey to taste, stirring until dissolved.