Hemp can be used for many countless things, from building homes to the remediation of contaminated soil. In terms of nutrition, there are 5 specific reasons to keep hemp seeds stocked in your pantry.
They are a nutritious powerhouse that should not be overlooked.
In fact, many experts call hemp one of the most nutritionally complete food sources in the world. Read on to find out why!
1. Health Benefits of Hemp Seeds – Full of Health-Boosting Fatty Acids
These health boosting fats include alpha-lineoleic acid (ALA), a variety of Omega-3 fat, as well as Omega-6. These are ‘essential’ fatty acids, which we need to survive, but that the body does not make, so we must obtain them from our diets.
“LA, LNA and the highly unsaturated fatty acids the body makes from them, are necessary in the most active energy and electron exchanging and oxygen requiring tissues; especially the brain, retina, inner ear, adrenal and testicular tissues. They carry the high energy required by the most active tissues, and ensure very high oxygen availability to them. Life force travels through the body via the essential fatty acids and their derivatives.”
Hemp is full of these essential fatty acids, and they are in the correct proportion of 3:1. (Omega 3: Omega 6).
2. Hemp Seeds Contain All 8 Essential Amino Acids and 2 Conditionally Essential Amino Acids
While we need 21 amino acids to survive, eight of these must be obtained from our diets. Many nutrition experts say we need a balance of the right kinds of proteins, too. Hemp contains the correct ratio with edestin at 65% of the protein content, with the other 35% of the protein content being albumin.
Considered the backbone of the cell’s DNA, edestin aids digestion and is relatively phosphorus free. The albumin protein, which is the current industry standard for protein evaluation, is highly digestible and is a major free radical combatant.
3. Hemp Supplies Your Body with Globulin – Vital for a Healthy Immune System
Hemp seed is the premier plant-seed provider of globulin starting material — the highest in the plant kingdom. Eating hemp seeds will ensure the immune system has the ‘reservoir of immunoglobulin resources needed to make disease-eradicating antibodies’.
4. Hemp Seeds Reduce Inflammation
Among the other health benefits of hemp seeds, the compounds found within these seeds, such as omega 3 fats, help to reduce inflammation in the body. Inflammation triggers almost every conceivable disease, from obesity, ADD/ADHD, peripheral neuropathy, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, migraines, thyroid issues, dental issues, cancer, and more. Eating hemp seeds can keep all of these diseases at bay.
5. Hemp Seeds are Used to Make Hemp Milk, One of the Last Non-GMO, Non-Dairy Drinks
Sure, you can try soy-milk, but it will likely be GMO. Hemp milk gives you all the same benefits of eating hemp seed, and without the toxic pesticide residues. Hemp can also be grown with almost no industrial fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides or pesticides. As an added boon, hemp helps to restore soil that has been abused, and adds vital nutrients back to it.
Who wouldn’t want to add a super food like this to their diets? Enjoy the health benefits of hemp seeds today!
How to Make Homemade Hemp Milk
- Here’s Why You Should Leave A Coin In The Freezer Before Leaving The House
When preparing for a vacation, everybody has a list of things they check before leaving the house. Most people double …
- 8 Aches and Pains That May be Indicative of a Serious Health Problem
From time to time, it is completely normal to experience an ache or pain and you should not let it …
- Chewing Broccoli And Watercress Unlocks Natural Compounds That Kill Cancer Cells Within 24 Hours
You’ve probably heard of eating foods of every color of the rainbow throughout the day, but if you have a …
- 10 Surprising Reasons Why You Should Stop Throwing Away Your Banana Peels!
Banana peel aren’t exactly what you want hanging around your home too long, but they actually have multiple practical uses. …
- Wearing Sunscreen May NOT Prevent Skin Cancer, Study Claims
Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States; in the last 30 years, people have manifested skin …
- This Is What Happens To Your Lungs When You Dry Laundry Indoors
There’s nothing better than the smell of clean linens dried on a clothesline. But in most areas, this delightful sensation …
- How To Make Sure Your Extra Virgin Olive Oil Is the Real Deal
Olive oil has long been a much-loved and much-used ingredient in European cuisine. In the last decade, it’s also gained …
- How To Safely Remove Skin Tags At Home Using THIS Inexpensive Bathroom Item
Skin tags are little annoying flaps of skin that look a bit like warts (1). They’re usually either pink or …
- What’s Your Headache Telling You?
Everyone gets headaches, right? Actually, 90% of the population has had a headache at some time. There are five different …
- To Lose Weight, Eating Less Is Far More Important Than Exercising More
There is no question that engaging in a regular exercise regimen affords innumerable health benefits. From cardiovascular strength to staving …
- She Sprays Her Yard With Apple Cider Vinegar…The Reason? This Is Pure GENIUS!
Sure, vinegar is an essential ingredient in any home, but the condiment is often underestimated in and out of the …
- These 5 Habits Are Harming Your Immune System And Ruining Your Health
From everyday airborne allergens to countertop bacteria, your immune system is a complex network that is constantly battling to keep …
- Peanut Oil Hiding in Popular Cleaning and Personal Care Products
Some people are so intensely allergic to peanuts that the smell from someone else’s breath can cause a reaction–sometimes a …
- 8 Reasons Why You Feel Bloated All The Time (And How To Fix The Problem)
This post first appeared on Darou Wellness.Bloating is one of the most frequent complaints that I hear in my office, …
- Disturbing Picture Shows What Sleep Deprivation Will Do To You Starting With The First Night
Skimping on sleep can have serious repercussions on your health. In fact, just one week of inadequate sleep is enough …