7. No-grain, No-nut Plantain Flatbread
This fruity (but not sweet) bread is remarkably versatile to top with either sweet or savory—let your imagination run free.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 medium green/slightly-yellow plantain, peeled and chopped
- 2 eggs
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9 X 9-inch baking pan with coconut oil or olive oil.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the plantain, eggs, and salt and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the flatbread is set.
Poached eggs, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper and thinly sliced chives.
8. Cauliflower Flatbread
You may substitute almond meal with any other flour if you want to make this recipe nut-free.
- 2 cups raw riced cauliflower
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 teaspoons turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients listed above and combine well.
- Transfer mixture to the lined baking tray and evenly press it into a rectangle about ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Once baked, cool completely and gently remove the parchment paper.
- Slice flatbread and store refrigerated for up to one week.
9. Potato Flatbread
This flatbread is hearty, with protein-rich garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour and is suitable for restricted diets.
- 1 – 10 oz. russet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk mixed with ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together garbanzo bean flour, Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic powder.
- Fill a small pot with water and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Lower heat, add the chopped potato and boil until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and place in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the psyllium husk/water mixture and oil and process to combine.
- Add the potato mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Dump the dough onto the baking tray.
- Using the back of a spatula, spread out the mixture making sure it is an even ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for 30 minutes and cool for 10 minutes before eating.