1. Flatbread with Almond Flour
Top with steamed spinach and poached eggs for a great breakfast.
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¾ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ½ cup water
- coconut oil or ghee to grease the pan
- Whisk together flours and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add water until combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and grease with coconut oil or ghee.
- Pour a third of the batter into the pan.
- Let the bread cook for roughly 2 minutes on each side.
- Then, reduce heat, cover, and cook until firm and golden.
- Repeat for the other two pieces of bread.
2. Simple Garlic Onion Flatbread
This flatbread is wonderful when paired with blue cheese and cooked pears, caramelized onions, and balsamic vinegar.
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ½ cup filtered water
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium and heat olive oil to coat.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the batter into the heated pan and spread until even.
- Cook 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place on baking sheet.
- Repeat until all batter has been used.
- Bake flatbreads in the oven for up to 20 minutes until golden brown. Do not skip this step.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before enjoying.
3. Rosemary Garlic Flatbread
This bread makes a flavorful replacement for pizza dough!
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil and extra sea salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450’F and place an oiled pizza stone or cast iron skillet into the oven to warm.
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut milk with ghee over medium-low heat until hot. Do not let it boil.
- Combine flours and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour coconut/ghee mixture into the bowl and mix until combined. Let it sit for a couple of minutes to cool.
- Add the egg and mix until combined.
- Remove the pizza pan and pour batter into the center of the pan. Spread evenly until about ¼ inch thick.
- Sprinkle rosemary and garlic on top.
- Bake 9-12 minutes until golden and as crispy as you like.
- Remove from the oven, brush bread with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt to taste.