10. Honey Garlic Flatbread
Honey garlic goes with everything. Mmmmmm.
- 1 ¼ cups cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil or grass-fed butter/ghee, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, finely minced or grated
- 4 tablespoons organic sour cream
- ½ cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons raw, unfiltered honey (local if you can get it)
- ¼ – ½ cup grated raw parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter/oil over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to the flour mixture.
- Add sour cream, honey, and water to the flour mixture. Stir to combine.
- Once the dough starts to come together, use clean hands to finish mixing and form dough into a ball. Break dough in half and form into two dough balls.
- Place a large sheet of parchment paper the size of your baking sheet on a flat surface. Drop one dough ball on the parchment paper. Place a second sheet of parchment paper (the length of your baking sheet) on top of the dough ball.
- Using a rolling pin on top of the parchment paper to roll the dough out into a circle about 1/8″ thick.
- Remove the top layer of parchment and lay the bottom layer (with the bread) on the baking sheet.
- Repeat the same steps for the second flatbread.
- Place in everything in the oven and reduce temperature to 375°F.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the flatbread edges are light brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and allow flatbread to cool on baking sheet for 15-20 minutes.
- Drizzle with a generous amount of honey and add other toppings as desired. Enjoy!
In addition to these flatbread recipes, try some scrumptious gluten-free cookie recipes here to satisfy your sweet tooth.