There’s nothing like a nice cup of stew on a cold evening, especially when it’s full of nutritious veggies.
Bursting with spicy, flavorful, and healthful spices, a yummy stew can be enjoyed for any meal. Eat it with rice or bread at lunch or for dinner and enjoy the leftovers for breakfast by placing it in a cast iron pan with a few cracked eggs and bake for 10 minutes or so at 425°F.
For extra protein, add a bit of chicken, tofu, or beans into the mix.
Paleo Cauliflower Stew Recipe
Despite being deliciously creamy and satisfying, this recipe is fully vegan. Its high fiber and fat content will keep you full and energized throughout the day too, so grab a cutting board and get chopping!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 can full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Wash, chop, and prepare all the ingredients.
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil for 30 seconds on medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and stir until they start to jump.
- Next, add the onions and cook until they become translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook until they soften.
- Incorporate all the other ingredients, cover the pan and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes or so to prevent burning.
- Taste, adjust seasoning, and serve.
Cumin is a powerful diuretic and digestive tonic that treats diarrhea, colic, bowel spasms, and gas (1) The little seed also fights inflammation and relieves muscle soreness (2). It’s even been reported to have antioxidant, anticancer, antibacterial, and larvicidal effects as well as the ability to lower blood sugar, reduce seizures, strengthen bones, and treat eye problems.
Cauliflower contains indole-3-carbinol or I3C, an anti-inflammatory nutrient which stimulates cellular detoxification (3). It also prevents the development of cancer. Plus, the veggie contains sulforaphane, a compound that improves blood pressure and kidney function as well as assures normal cellular function and proper gene expression (4).
Coconut is one of the most potent anti-inflammatory foods, being often recommended to patients suffering from Alzheimer’s, IBS, and inflammatory disorders. Both coconut oil and coconut milk contain analgesic and antipyretic compounds as well as medium-chain fatty acids that can reverse cognitive decline (5).
Turmeric works so well against inflammation that it can be used to treat arthritis just as effectively as ibuprofen. It can even be used to treat inflammatory skin conditions like eczema and stomach ulcers (6). If you do suffer from an inflammatory condition, get your daily dose of the powerful spice by making your own turmeric supplements or preparing a cup of golden milk.
- Mix Turmeric, Mango and Pineapple For a Delicious Smoothie Recipe
Turmeric is a great spice – distinctive yet versatile, it’s useful in all sorts of dishes, but isn’t usually used …
- Drink This Turmeric Juice For Its Anti-Inflammatory Properties (Just Blend All The Ingredients!)
Turmeric is a popular spice, particularly in India, where it is added to many dishes not only for it’s distinctive …
- 5 Heart-Healthy Avocado Recipes That Will Supercharge Your Body
Avocados are a surprising food in that, although they are high in fat, they are actually helpful when trying to …
- 5-Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Sweet Potato Brownies With Almond Butter, Cocoa And Maple Syrup
However, most brownies are full of inflammatory ingredients like processed wheat and sugar. If you want a delicious treat that …
- Fermenting Turmeric In a Naturally Carbonated Soda Increases Its Bioavailability (Try This Recipe!)
We know about the potential health benefits of turmeric, a popular Indian spice that has been shown to have potent …
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Mix Sauerkraut And Turmeric
Fermentation isn’t limited to the process of making your favorite beer or wine. It’s actually used to produce a wide …
- Drink This Probiotic-Rich Lemonade To Boost Your Immune System And Improve Gut Health
There’s no drink more appropriate on a warm sunny day than a tall glass of lemonade, especially when citrus fruits …
- Beyond Guacamole: 6 Creative Avocado Recipes
Avocados are a fantastic source of monounsaturated fats, as well as a number of vitamins and minerals. You’re probably most …
- Drink This Fat-Burning Ginger And Coconut Oil Smoothie to ACCELERATE Weight Loss
Whether it’s getting warmer or colder, it seems like each change in season wakes up a ravenous hunger. This can …
- Slice Potatoes And Put Them In A Muffin Pan. They’ll Come Out Of The Oven A Family Favorite!
Potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. Easy to digest, potatoes have been a staple for people living in areas with …
- 4-Ingredient Recipe Will Supercharge Your Immune System Like No Other
One criticism often received by recipes involving cooked onions, garlic and other alliums is that the heating process destroys much …
- How To Make Water Kefir Using ONLY 3 Simple Ingredients!
I’d heard of kefir before – the milk based cultured yoghurt like beverage which many non vegans consumed for its …
- 5 Sweet Tooth Satisfying But Healthy Apricot Recipes. #5 Will Boost Heart Health.
Summer-ready apricots are a great and healthy way to satisfy your urge for something sweet, but also jam packed with …
- 34 Gluten-Free Crockpot Recipes You’ll Love
Using a crockpot for cooking is a convenient way to prepare your own healthy meals. This is especially true for …
- Grain-Free Flatbread Recipe: 10 Healthy Ways to Keep Bread In Your Diet
True celiac disease is relatively uncommon. It is an autoimmune condition in which your body simply cannot process the proteins …