There’s nothing like a nice cup of stew on a cold evening, especially when it’s full of nutritious veggies.
Bursting with spicy, flavorful, and healthful spices, a yummy stew can be enjoyed for any meal. Eat it with rice or bread at lunch or for dinner and enjoy the leftovers for breakfast by placing it in a cast iron pan with a few cracked eggs and bake for 10 minutes or so at 425°F.
For extra protein, add a bit of chicken, tofu, or beans into the mix.
Paleo Cauliflower Stew Recipe
Despite being deliciously creamy and satisfying, this recipe is fully vegan. Its high fiber and fat content will keep you full and energized throughout the day too, so grab a cutting board and get chopping!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 can full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Wash, chop, and prepare all the ingredients.
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil for 30 seconds on medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and stir until they start to jump.
- Next, add the onions and cook until they become translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook until they soften.
- Incorporate all the other ingredients, cover the pan and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes or so to prevent burning.
- Taste, adjust seasoning, and serve.
Cumin is a powerful diuretic and digestive tonic that treats diarrhea, colic, bowel spasms, and gas (1) The little seed also fights inflammation and relieves muscle soreness (2). It’s even been reported to have antioxidant, anticancer, antibacterial, and larvicidal effects as well as the ability to lower blood sugar, reduce seizures, strengthen bones, and treat eye problems.
Cauliflower contains indole-3-carbinol or I3C, an anti-inflammatory nutrient which stimulates cellular detoxification (3). It also prevents the development of cancer. Plus, the veggie contains sulforaphane, a compound that improves blood pressure and kidney function as well as assures normal cellular function and proper gene expression (4).
Coconut is one of the most potent anti-inflammatory foods, being often recommended to patients suffering from Alzheimer’s, IBS, and inflammatory disorders. Both coconut oil and coconut milk contain analgesic and antipyretic compounds as well as medium-chain fatty acids that can reverse cognitive decline (5).
Turmeric works so well against inflammation that it can be used to treat arthritis just as effectively as ibuprofen. It can even be used to treat inflammatory skin conditions like eczema and stomach ulcers (6). If you do suffer from an inflammatory condition, get your daily dose of the powerful spice by making your own turmeric supplements or preparing a cup of golden milk.
- Eat More Kale With These 6 Recipes
Spring is the best time of year for leafy greens like kale. Ranked as one of the healthiest vegetables that …
- Grain-Free Flatbread Recipe: 10 Healthy Ways to Keep Bread In Your Diet
True celiac disease is relatively uncommon. It is an autoimmune condition in which your body simply cannot process the proteins …
- 4 Easily Digestible Juice Recipes To Elevate Your Mood And Energy Levels
Depression is a mood disorder which affects the lives of many Americans. Left untreated, it can wreak havoc on your work …
- Eat More Omega-3s With 6 Walnut Recipes
Walnuts are one of the best plant-based sources of Omega-3s that you can find, and these mildly-flavored nuts pack in …
- If You Have Extra Onions In The Pantry, You’ve Got To Try This Mind Blowing Recipe!
Eating healthy isn’t always easy. It requires shopping for ingredients and time to cook. And sometimes, laziness can get the better of …
- 12 Matcha Loaded Desserts That Your Body Will Thank You For Eating
Did you know? You can mix Matcha green tea into your desserts for a healthy treat! Matcha contains over six …
- This Powerful Tea Is The Best Remedy For Swollen Legs
If you have ever experienced swelling in your legs (or your hands or feet for that matter) you know how …
- Lemon With Garlic Mixture: Perfect For Clearing Heart Blockages
High levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad type) and a diet high in inflammatory foods is a recipe for disaster. If you …
- A Green Smoothie That Doesn’t Taste Like Grass!
If you’re looking for a super-clean, super-tasty start to the day when you wake up in the morning, be sure …
- Heal Your Body From The Inside Out With These 8 Cancer-Fighting Soups
There’s nothing like a good soup to warm you up up from the inside out. Most homemade soups are actually …
- Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Almond Milk, Banana and Raw Honey
Oh, my. This looks so incredibly delicious that we may have to put it at the top of the “gotta …
- This Smoothie Is So Good You Won’t Believe It Has One of the Most Powerful Antioxidants In The World
Smoothies are the perfect meal supplement for people looking to lose weight while still getting essential nutrients in their diet. …
- 5 Mouth-Watering Apple Recipes
No need to over-complicate things when searching for that healthy snack in the supermarket when an apple can provide you …
- Drink This 2-Ingredient Beverage If You’re Concerned About Your Cholesterol Levels
This drink is loaded with natural antioxidants, as well as nutrients which naturally help lower LDL, or “bad” cholesterol levels. …
- The Only 2 Reasons You’ll Ever Need to Add Cinnamon Oil to Everything You Eat
Cinnamon is a common spice that has been used medicinally for hundreds of years, and with good reason – studies …