Cauliflower and turmeric are two superfoods that can be served as a hearty replacement for rice and pasta.
Better still, the recipe you’re about to discover can be served warm during the Fall and Winter, but still works great chilled as a Summer salad.
Why Eat Cauliflower?
Cauliflower is naturally rich in sulforaphane, a sulfur compound that has been shown to kill cancer cells. (source)
In addition, it’s also one of your best sources of indole-3-carbinol or I3C, an anti-inflammatory nutrient which stimulates cellular detoxification. IC3 helps prevent oestrogen dominance, making cauliflower one of the top food choices for breast cancer prevention. (source)
Cauliflower Is Even Healthier With Turmeric!
The scientists tested turmeric, also known as curcumin, along with phenethyl isothiocyanate (PEITC), a naturally occurring substance particularly abundant in a group of vegetables that includes watercress, cabbage, winter cress, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale, cauliflower, kohlrabi and turnips.
“The bottom line is that PEITC and curcumin, alone or in combination, demonstrate significant cancer-preventive qualities in laboratory mice, and the combination of PEITC and curcumin could be effective in treating established prostate cancers,” said Ah-Ng Tony Kong, a professor of pharmaceutics at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. (source)
Turmeric is well-know for its health benefits. According to Dr. William LaValley, who’s main focus is the treatment of cancer, curcumin is useful for just about every type of cancer known to man. It also has the most evidence-based literature supporting its use against cancer when compared to any other nutrient. (source)
How To Make Cauliflower Curry In Just 5 Minutes
A quick and simple way to enjoy the benefits of cauliflower and turmeric together is to make this recipe.
It takes approximately five minutes to make and is perfect for lunch, dinner, or even as a snack.
- 1 lb cauliflower
- 5 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed or chopped
- himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- Press or chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to maximize its allicin content.
- Heat 5 TBS broth in a stainless steel skillet on medium heat.
- When broth begins to steam, add cauliflower and turmeric and cover.
- Cook for no more than 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and transfer to a bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe makes enough for 2 servings. The combination of ingredients used in it help maximize turmeric absorption.
- 4 Aloe Vera-Based Drinks To Boost Your Immune System
Aloe vera has a great reputation for its many topical uses, and is also a popular houseplant due to its …
- Ginger Lemon Tea Recipe To Detox Your Body And Get Rid of Bloating
In today’s world, we face increasing amounts of chemicals than ever before. It’s present in our food, household products and even in the air (1). In addition …
- Pack In Protein With These Chickpea Recipes
Chickpeas (garbanzo beans) are a super versatile, low fat, and high fiber protein source rich in important minerals like phosphorus …
- Make This Delicious And Easy Vegan Whipped Cream Recipe Using ONLY 3 Ingredients
If you’re lactose intolerant or simply prefer vegan recipes, you’ll love this! This vegan whipped cream is unlike anything you’ve …
- How To Make A Metabolism Boosting Spice Blend
There are a number of herbs and spices that have metabolism boosting properties – and this unique blend includes some …
- How To Make Homemade Matcha Marshmallows
There are plenty of reasons to avoid artificial food dyes. Studies have linked them to behavioral problems in children, including …
- Native American “Root Beer”: A Homemade Tonic to Purify Your Blood
The root beer we find on the grocery store shelves today is a far cry from its healthful ancestor. Homemade …
- 3-Ingredient Celery Juice To Quickly Detox Your Kidneys, Heart And Joints
Detoxifying your body doesn’t stop at your liver, you also have to focus on tissues that accumulate heavy metals and …
- The Only 2 Reasons You’ll Ever Need to Add Cinnamon Oil to Everything You Eat
Cinnamon is a common spice that has been used medicinally for hundreds of years, and with good reason – studies …
- How To Make Vegan Cheese Using Cashews
Extra smooth with a subtle garlic flavor, this vegan cheese with cashews will make you forget about dairy. Guess what! You …
- How to Make Your Own Homemade Green Powder
Dark, leafy greens are very important for promoting good health. Packed with vitamins and minerals all of us need, we …
- 12 Matcha Loaded Desserts That Your Body Will Thank You For Eating
Did you know? You can mix Matcha green tea into your desserts for a healthy treat! Matcha contains over six …
- Lemon With Garlic Mixture: Perfect For Clearing Heart Blockages
High levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad type) and a diet high in inflammatory foods is a recipe for disaster. If you …
- 10 Easy Juicing Recipes For Cleansing The Body of Toxins
Modern unhealthy diets and polluted environment cause toxins to build up in our bodies, which is why a detoxification program …
- Easy And Delicious Apple Pancake Recipe
Available almost anywhere and relatively inexpensive, apples are an ideal fruit to bake with. Many pastry recipes feature apples – …