Cauliflower and turmeric are two superfoods that can be served as a hearty replacement for rice and pasta.
Better still, the recipe you’re about to discover can be served warm during the Fall and Winter, but still works great chilled as a Summer salad.
Why Eat Cauliflower?
Cauliflower is naturally rich in sulforaphane, a sulfur compound that has been shown to kill cancer cells. (source)
In addition, it’s also one of your best sources of indole-3-carbinol or I3C, an anti-inflammatory nutrient which stimulates cellular detoxification. IC3 helps prevent oestrogen dominance, making cauliflower one of the top food choices for breast cancer prevention. (source)
Cauliflower Is Even Healthier With Turmeric!
The scientists tested turmeric, also known as curcumin, along with phenethyl isothiocyanate (PEITC), a naturally occurring substance particularly abundant in a group of vegetables that includes watercress, cabbage, winter cress, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale, cauliflower, kohlrabi and turnips.
“The bottom line is that PEITC and curcumin, alone or in combination, demonstrate significant cancer-preventive qualities in laboratory mice, and the combination of PEITC and curcumin could be effective in treating established prostate cancers,” said Ah-Ng Tony Kong, a professor of pharmaceutics at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. (source)
Turmeric is well-know for its health benefits. According to Dr. William LaValley, who’s main focus is the treatment of cancer, curcumin is useful for just about every type of cancer known to man. It also has the most evidence-based literature supporting its use against cancer when compared to any other nutrient. (source)
How To Make Cauliflower Curry In Just 5 Minutes
A quick and simple way to enjoy the benefits of cauliflower and turmeric together is to make this recipe.
It takes approximately five minutes to make and is perfect for lunch, dinner, or even as a snack.
- 1 lb cauliflower
- 5 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed or chopped
- himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- Press or chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to maximize its allicin content.
- Heat 5 TBS broth in a stainless steel skillet on medium heat.
- When broth begins to steam, add cauliflower and turmeric and cover.
- Cook for no more than 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and transfer to a bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe makes enough for 2 servings. The combination of ingredients used in it help maximize turmeric absorption.
- This Turmeric-Lentil Soup Will Protect You From Type 2 Diabetes, Dementia and Cancer
Soup is one of the best ways to get a variety of nutrients while staying properly hydrated. Whether it’s finding …
- Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Almond Milk, Banana and Raw Honey
Oh, my. This looks so incredibly delicious that we may have to put it at the top of the “gotta …
- 5-Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Sweet Potato Brownies With Almond Butter, Cocoa And Maple Syrup
However, most brownies are full of inflammatory ingredients like processed wheat and sugar. If you want a delicious treat that …
- 10-Minute Avocado Egg Salad With Turmeric, Black Pepper And Apple Cider Vinegar
Contrary to popular belief, it’s actually safe and healthy to eat eggs (yolks included!). They’re packed with protein and disease-fighting …
- How To Make Turmeric Tea That’s Both Delicious And Healthy
If you are taking ibuprofen tablets (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin & Nurofen) for everything ranging from headache, backache and other muscular aches …
- A Green Smoothie That Doesn’t Taste Like Grass!
If you’re looking for a super-clean, super-tasty start to the day when you wake up in the morning, be sure …
- Mix Turmeric, Mango and Pineapple For a Delicious Smoothie Recipe
Turmeric is a great spice – distinctive yet versatile, it’s useful in all sorts of dishes, but isn’t usually used …
- Anti-inflammatory Honey Turmeric Tonic Recipe And 17 Other Master Tonics
If you often find yourself tired or sick, it may be time to start integrating a master tonic or two …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- Drink This 2-Ingredient Beverage If You’re Concerned About Your Cholesterol Levels
This drink is loaded with natural antioxidants, as well as nutrients which naturally help lower LDL, or “bad” cholesterol levels. …
- Cannabis Coconut Oil – Easy Recipe Combats Pain, Nausea, Seizures, and More
As scientific research takes baby steps into the medicinal qualities of cannabis, we find the door opening to an infinite …
- How to Make Your Own Homemade Green Powder
Dark, leafy greens are very important for promoting good health. Packed with vitamins and minerals all of us need, we …
- Eat More Kale With These 6 Recipes
Spring is the best time of year for leafy greens like kale. Ranked as one of the healthiest vegetables that …
- 5 Energy-Boosting Chia Seed Recipes
Chia seeds contain more plant-based omega-3 fatty acids than flax seeds, and have also been traditionally used as a source …
- How to Make Chai Tea. (Reduce Inflammation, Strengthen Immunity, and Improve Digestion)
Suffering from indigestion or coming down with a cold? No problem! This unique chai tea recipe will help strengthen your …