Turmeric is quickly rising as an all-healing superfood that can prevent a wide variety of chronic diseases.
The East Indian spice is absorbed in the intestinal tract, allowing it to enter the bloodstream and fight chronic inflammation, the known root of nearly all illnesses, including cancer.
The active compound that gives turmeric its healing power is Curcumin. This compound is potent in fighting free radicals, rejuvenating cells and cleansing the liver and heart.
Turmeric is the Most Powerful Natural Medicine Known to Man
Turmeric has hundreds of known health benefits.
In fact, the spice has been found to be as effective as these pharmaceuticals, without all the negative side effects.
- Arthritis medication
- Diabetes Drugs
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Cholesterol drugs
- Inflammatory bowel disease drugs
Other Health Benefits of Turmeric
- Natural anti-depressant
- Powerful antioxidant
- Increases brain functionality
- Reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke
- Relieves joint pain and muscular discomfort
- Eases symptoms of indigestion and heartburn
- Eases stiff joints
- Helps lower cholesterol
- Aids cancer treatment and prevention
How to Make Your Own Turmeric Supplements (1)
You can tap into the healing and preventative powers of turmeric by creating your own all natural turmeric supplements at home.
- 1/3 cup organic, ground turmeric
- big pinch of ground black peppercorn (increases the bioavailability of curcumin up to 150%)
- 3 tbsp raw, organic honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (good fats improve absorption (2))
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl to make a paste (make sure the coconut oil isn’t in solid form)
- Take pinches of the turmeric paste and roll them into small balls.
- Place in freezer for about 1 hour and remove.
- Store in a glass container and keep it in your refrigerator.
- Eat 2-3 pieces per day.
- How To Make Homemade Matcha Marshmallows
There are plenty of reasons to avoid artificial food dyes. Studies have linked them to behavioral problems in children, including …
- Sugar Addiction Kills More People Than Illegal Drugs
Calling All Sugar-Fiends! Did you know that little white stuff you sprinkle into your coffee, that’s hidden in your granola …
- Clove Extract Stops The Growth of Breast, Colon And Liver Cancer (Make a Tincture!)
Cloves are no longer just for your apple cider or Holiday Ham—as it turns out they have an amazing super …
- Dirt Poor: Have Fruits and Vegetables Become Less Nutritious?
They don’t make ’em like they used to. True about cars, refrigerators, radios, and virtually every other consumable good–including food. …
- Eating Processed Junk Food Makes You Fat and Lazy, Study Suggests
What you eat affects everything about you: energy level, mood, how you look, and overall health. If you pay attention, …
- Everyone’s Favorite Antioxidant Source: 6 Blueberry Recipes
Blueberry season is right around the corner, and that means that everyone’s favorite antioxidant source is back. With wild blueberries …
- Top 8 Nutrients for Healthy Skin
Our skin is our largest organ and is not only what other people see but also protects us from external contaminants that …
- Pickled Cabbage: New Research Reveals it May Help with Allergies, Coughs, Colds and More
We’ve heard about probiotics and how they are beneficial to our digestive system. Yogurt brands fall all over themselves with …
- Mustard Seeds Can Help Improve Your Digestion And Protect You From Cancerous Cells
The parable of the mustard seed was the first glimpse into the might of this tiny food. Now modern science …
- Are You Missing Out On The Health Benefits of Drinking Tea?
We are a nation of coffee drinkers, with an estimated eighty percent of Americans preferring coffee as their beverage of …
- Time To Replace Synthetic Folic Acid Fortification Programs and Stick to Natural Folates
Folic acid is the synthetic version of folate, vitamin B9. Folate is necessary for the creation of DNA and RNA. …
- 11 Kitchen Hacks To Eat Healthy Without Even Trying
There is an easier way to achieve healthy eating than tearing your hair in agony over carb-free foods and sugar-less treats. The …
- Superfood Hot Chocolate With Coconut Oil, Maca + Turmeric!
There’s nothing more comforting than a warm cup of hot cocoa on a cold day. While it’s a true winter …
- Tropical Fruit Destroys Cancer Cells With ‘Lethal Precision’
The leaf of the Peruvian Graviola tree was discovered nearly 25 years ago as a wonderful way to prohibit abnormal …
- Can You Burn Calories And Fat By Drinking Coffee
Have you ever thought, while sweating away on the treadmill or the stair climber, that it might be nice to …