Parsley is an herb that’s often used as garnish. You’ve probably noticed quite a few restaurants doing this.
Yet, this medicinal plant does so much more than just decorate your plate.
Many of its health properties can be received by drinking it as tea.
1. Prevents Tumor
“Myristicin” is a natural occurring compound found in parsley. It’s been found to be effective at reducing both the speed and growth of tumors in the stomach and lungs.
A component of parsley called “Myristicin” has been found to be effective at inhibiting the growth of tumors. A study conducted on the effect of parsley leaf oil on tumor growth in mice found that myristicin was effective at reducing both the spread and growth of tumors in the stomach and lungs. (1)
2. Treats Nerve Damage
Nerve damage can be caused by neurotoxicity. For those who don’t know, the term neurotoxicity refers to damage to the brain or peripheral nervous system caused by man-made toxic substances like pesticides or heavy metals.
These toxins can alter the activity of the nervous system in ways that can disrupt or kill nerves. And nerves are kind of essential for transmitting and processing information in the brain, as well as other areas of the nervous system. (2)
That being said, one study found that parsley juice was an effective agent at improving symptoms caused by neurotoxicity. (3)
In the study, researchers found that mice with cadmium (heavy metal) poisoning showed significant improvement when treated with parsley juice.
3. Reduces Inflammation
Inflammation is the number one cause for chronic diseases, such as arthritis, gout and osteoarthritis. Fortunately, parsley can help with this too!
Because of its high content in vitamin C, parsley can help reduce levels of CRP (c-reaction protein) in the body, which are well-known inflammatory markers.
Parsley Tea Recipe
The single most effective way to consume parsley is to drink it as a tea. Here’s how you can make your own parsley tea at home with ease.
- Four to five sprigs of parsley
- Three cups of water
- A quarter or a half of a lemon
- One teaspoon of honey
- Bring water to a low boil.
- Place lemon and parsley into cup or container of choice (One that can hold hot liquid).
- Pour the hot water in the container.
- Let steep for five minutes.
- Remove lemon and parsley and add in honey.
- Top 6 Health Benefits of Magnesium
You probably already know a lot about the other vitamins and minerals that are crucial to your overall optimal health, …
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- Top 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods You Can Eat Every Day
The links between chronic inflammation and increased risk of diseases like cancer are well documented – as one study puts …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- 30 Simple and Effective Whole Food Substitutes to Improve Your Total Wellness Right Away
If you haven’t caught up by now, the Standard American Diet – appropriately nicknamed SAD – is horrible. It’s literally …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- Do Not Use Apple Cider Vinegar If You’re On Any Of These Medications
Nothing exists in a vacuum. Our bodies are complex organisms that are constantly moving, with chemicals acting and interacting. Sometimes …
- 7 Day Alkaline Diet Plan to Fight Inflammation and Disease
Although the alkaline diet may seem like the latest celebrity craze, you shouldn’t dismiss it so quickly. Forget how you …
- Top 10 Plant-Based Protein Foods You Should Be Eating
Proteins (comprised of a variety of twenty amino acids) provide cell structure and serve as neurotransmitters between cells. There’s protein …
- How Taking Turmeric Helps Your Body Block Fat and Your Liver Remove Toxins as Fast as Possible
Turmeric, “the golden spice”, is a staple in India and surrounding regions. As of late, it’s becoming increasingly popular in …
- The First U.S. School District to Begin Serving Only Organic, GMO-Free Meals
Hail to the trailblazers! No one would argue the importance of nutrition, especially for children. As their bodies develop, they …
- Soak Chia Seeds To Supercharge Your Metabolism, Burn Fat And Fight Inflammation
You may have heard about chia pets, the adorable children’s toy made from sprouted seeds. These beloved toys are actually …
- 92 Alkaline Foods That Fight Cancer, Inflammation, Diabetes and Heart Disease
Human life, just like all life on earth, depends on appropriate pH levels in and around living organisms and cells. …
- 11 Good Reasons Why Ignoring Polyphenols In Your Diet Is a Big Mistake!
What is something that dark chocolate, green tea, red wine, blueberries, flaxseed, and coffee all have in common? Polyphenols! Polyphenols …
- Top 13 Inflammatory Foods You Should Avoid
As we get older, our bodies don’t always keep up. Muscles aren’t as strong as they used to be, skin …