Parsley is an herb that’s often used as garnish. You’ve probably noticed quite a few restaurants doing this.
Yet, this medicinal plant does so much more than just decorate your plate.
Many of its health properties can be received by drinking it as tea.
1. Prevents Tumor
“Myristicin” is a natural occurring compound found in parsley. It’s been found to be effective at reducing both the speed and growth of tumors in the stomach and lungs.
A component of parsley called “Myristicin” has been found to be effective at inhibiting the growth of tumors. A study conducted on the effect of parsley leaf oil on tumor growth in mice found that myristicin was effective at reducing both the spread and growth of tumors in the stomach and lungs. (1)
2. Treats Nerve Damage
Nerve damage can be caused by neurotoxicity. For those who don’t know, the term neurotoxicity refers to damage to the brain or peripheral nervous system caused by man-made toxic substances like pesticides or heavy metals.
These toxins can alter the activity of the nervous system in ways that can disrupt or kill nerves. And nerves are kind of essential for transmitting and processing information in the brain, as well as other areas of the nervous system. (2)
That being said, one study found that parsley juice was an effective agent at improving symptoms caused by neurotoxicity. (3)
In the study, researchers found that mice with cadmium (heavy metal) poisoning showed significant improvement when treated with parsley juice.
3. Reduces Inflammation
Inflammation is the number one cause for chronic diseases, such as arthritis, gout and osteoarthritis. Fortunately, parsley can help with this too!
Because of its high content in vitamin C, parsley can help reduce levels of CRP (c-reaction protein) in the body, which are well-known inflammatory markers.
Parsley Tea Recipe
The single most effective way to consume parsley is to drink it as a tea. Here’s how you can make your own parsley tea at home with ease.
- Four to five sprigs of parsley
- Three cups of water
- A quarter or a half of a lemon
- One teaspoon of honey
- Bring water to a low boil.
- Place lemon and parsley into cup or container of choice (One that can hold hot liquid).
- Pour the hot water in the container.
- Let steep for five minutes.
- Remove lemon and parsley and add in honey.
- 10 Reasons To Stop Drinking Diet Soda
When taken at face value, diet soda seems like a health-conscious choice. It saves you the 140-plus calories you’d find …
- GMO Linked to Gluten Disorders Plaguing 18 Million Americans
Genetically modified foods such as soy and corn may be responsible for a number of gluten-related maladies including intestinal disorders …
- Eating Grapefruit Can Help Treat Diabetes And Keep Cholesterol in Check (Do NOT Eat It With Meds!)
Eating more grapefruit might be the best natural way to keep your kidneys healthy and free of dangerous cysts. Additionally, …
- 5 Natural Life-Saving Medicines
Nature holds an abundance of natural live-saving medicines. For thousands of years and perhaps longer, people have relied on natural …
- 5 Genius Ingredient Swaps That Will Instantly Make Cooking Healthier
Sometimes, the tastiest dishes call for not-so-healthy ingredients. Though a superfood hasn’t come around to replace butter yet, these five …
- This Tree’s Natural Sap Does Far More For Your Health Than Just Sweeten Your Food
Maple syrup is one of the many wonders of the world and far more than a simple sweetener. Maple syrup …
- Chia: Ancient Super-Seed Secret
Chia Seeds History A member of the mint family, the Chia plant (Salvia Hispanica) has oblong leaves and produces small …
- You’ll Never Look at Tilapia The Same After Reading This. (It’s Worse Than Eating Bacon)
Fish is good for you. Everyone says the protein, vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids are supremely beneficial for human …
- Why Beer Could Be Good for your Health
That beer belly of yours might not be associated with beer at all, according to a Czech Republic study cited …
- This Fruit Tastes Just Like Chocolate Pudding And It’s Loaded With Vitamin C!
Just when you think you’ve heard it all, this chocolate tasting fruit comes along. Can life get any sweeter than …
- The Fat-Burning Coconut Cookies you Can Eat for Breakfast to Boost Your Metabolism
There are few things more satisfying than a good-for-you cookie. As health-conscious people, we forego junk food and added sugars …
- The Watermelon You Should Never, Ever Eat!
When you think of watermelon, you probably think of fond summer memories. It’s generally accepted that a picnic or cookout …
- This Smoothie Is So Good You Won’t Believe It Has One of the Most Powerful Antioxidants In The World
Smoothies are the perfect meal supplement for people looking to lose weight while still getting essential nutrients in their diet. …
- Top 10 Foods Rich In Vitamin C
If you want to look and feel healthy, your first step is getting enough vitamin C! It helps fight infections, …
- Cinnamon Spiced Coffee with Coconut Milk for Long-lasting Energy WITHOUT the Crash!
Just when you thought your mid-morning cup o’ joe couldn’t get sexier…jazz it up with nutrition and flavor! Almost eighty-five …