Parsley is an herb that’s often used as garnish. You’ve probably noticed quite a few restaurants doing this.
Yet, this medicinal plant does so much more than just decorate your plate.
Many of its health properties can be received by drinking it as tea.
1. Prevents Tumor
“Myristicin” is a natural occurring compound found in parsley. It’s been found to be effective at reducing both the speed and growth of tumors in the stomach and lungs.
A component of parsley called “Myristicin” has been found to be effective at inhibiting the growth of tumors. A study conducted on the effect of parsley leaf oil on tumor growth in mice found that myristicin was effective at reducing both the spread and growth of tumors in the stomach and lungs. (1)
2. Treats Nerve Damage
Nerve damage can be caused by neurotoxicity. For those who don’t know, the term neurotoxicity refers to damage to the brain or peripheral nervous system caused by man-made toxic substances like pesticides or heavy metals.
These toxins can alter the activity of the nervous system in ways that can disrupt or kill nerves. And nerves are kind of essential for transmitting and processing information in the brain, as well as other areas of the nervous system. (2)
That being said, one study found that parsley juice was an effective agent at improving symptoms caused by neurotoxicity. (3)
In the study, researchers found that mice with cadmium (heavy metal) poisoning showed significant improvement when treated with parsley juice.
3. Reduces Inflammation
Inflammation is the number one cause for chronic diseases, such as arthritis, gout and osteoarthritis. Fortunately, parsley can help with this too!
Because of its high content in vitamin C, parsley can help reduce levels of CRP (c-reaction protein) in the body, which are well-known inflammatory markers.
Parsley Tea Recipe
The single most effective way to consume parsley is to drink it as a tea. Here’s how you can make your own parsley tea at home with ease.
- Four to five sprigs of parsley
- Three cups of water
- A quarter or a half of a lemon
- One teaspoon of honey
- Bring water to a low boil.
- Place lemon and parsley into cup or container of choice (One that can hold hot liquid).
- Pour the hot water in the container.
- Let steep for five minutes.
- Remove lemon and parsley and add in honey.
- 9 Gluten Free Grains to Try
As the field of nutritional research continues to improve and grow, we are learning more and more about what we …
- This is How Green Tea Promises To Boost Brain Power (It’s Totally Unexpected!)
There’s nothing like a nice cup of green tea to soothe the mind and revitalize the spirit. Long considered a …
- Weird Looking Food is a Nutritional Powerhouse
This is a one of a kind food that you should immediately start adding to your diet as often as …
- The Suprising Reason Why You Should Eat ONE Carrot Every Day And The Best Way To Prepare Them
Carrots aren’t only good for your eyesight, and though beta-carotene is often thought of as the most beneficial compound within …
- Drink This Homemade Syrup To Help Loosen Up Chest Phlegm and Expel It Out of Your Body
The worst part of a bad chest cold is probably the feeling of congestion you get in your chest, and …
- This Man Says Eating a Raw Food Diet Has Improved His Eyesight And Increased Energy Levels
For fruitarian and endurance athlete Michael Arnstein, his 15-mile commute to work isn’t by car, bus or train. Instead, he …
- Here’s Why You Need To Eat 7-10 Cups of Salad Each Day
When people are trying to lose weight, they often increase their salad intake to help them reach their weight loss …
- 10 Reasons To Add Spirulina To Your Diet
We talk a lot about “superfoods” here because there are literally thousands of nutrient-dense superfood options from which to choose, all …
- 4 Little-Known Ways This Spiky Food can Help Protect You from Colon Cancer
Is your doctor pushing you to get a colonoscopy, but your instincts are saying don’t do it? If so, it’s …
- Here’s Why It’s So Important to Know How To Reduce Antinutrients in Foods
Whole grains and veggies are great for you, but they can also be a double-edged sword. These foods contain many …
- 12 Foods Fit People Love
We all want to know the secrets of very fit people. How do they motivate themselves every day? When do …
- Powerful Bacteria-Killing Spice With 4X The Concentration of Antioxidants as Blueberries!
When we hear of antioxidant foods, we often hear of berries. Blueberries in particular are touted for their rich antioxidant …
- Use This Medicine Once a Year and Forget About Diseases
Garlic is one of the oldest and most widely used functional foods on the planet. With over 7,000 years of …
- The Shocking Truth Behind GMO-Free Cheerios
Earlier this month, cereal giant General Mills announced the first finger food of American babies, the company’s original Cheerios, would …
- 6 Reasons Why We Should All Be Eating More Hummus
Hummus is a food experiencing a surge in popularity lately – the creamy Middle Eastern dish is now found in …