When muscle pain strikes, the first thing most people tend to reach for is ibuprofen. While nonprescription painkillers are a huge industry, and a common household cure, they aren’t exactly free of side effects.
If you suffer from chronic pain, painkillers may also have less of an effect over time, meaning that you’ll have to start taking more and more just to get on with your day. So why not go for a safer, non-toxic alternative?
Homemade Oil For Pain
Use this simple recipe to treat joint and muscle pain as well as headaches and mental fog!
Keep it by your bedside to fight pain right when you wake up.
- 20 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 tablespoons Himalayan salt
- 3-5 drops rosemary essential oil
- Mix ingredients in a glass jar, seal, and let it sit for 48 hours.
- To use, apply a small amount to affected area in the morning right after waking up. For headaches, apply directly to your temples.
- Massage the oil into your skin for 2-3 minutes and let it sit for up to 20 minutes.
- Use a clean damp towel to wipe away the remaining oil.
- Use everyday for 10 days to see lasting results.
How It Works
Rosemary contains 29 chemical compounds that give it a variety of healing properties. For one, the herb is known to fight heat-induced pain and dysmenorrhea (2).
It’s also widely used to treat headaches, muscle pains, and arthritis (3). The herb even fights stress, improves mood, and sharpens mental focus to help you go on with your day when suffering from chronic pain (4).
Olive oil serves as a carrier oil to keep the essential oil from evaporating. This ensures that the rosemary oil can do its job while it’s on your skin. It also dilutes the oil to prevent a rash or skin irritation caused by the hyper-concentrated essential oil (5).
Plus, olive oil contains natural anti-inflammatory compounds that help soothe overworked muscles and injured joints (6).
Lastly, salt contains essential electrolytes that improve nerve signaling to prevent muscle pain (7).
If you suffer from intense pain or arthritis, consider switching the Himalayan salt for Epsom salt, which is high in pain-relieving magnesium.
- Cannabis Company Designs Pain Patch For Fibromyalgia And Nerve Pain
As research progresses, we are coming to realize the phenomenal power of the cannabis plant. In years past, the study …
- 10 Reasons Why your Feet Hurt All the Time and How to Fix it
Our feet carry us around wherever we wish to go. We, however, pay them little mind unless they’re causing some …
- Ohio Becomes Second State To Sue Big Pharma Over Opioid Crisis
The state of Ohio is one of the hardest hit by the opioid crisis sweeping across the nation, with southern …
- This Is Why Your Legs Cramp At Night And How To Stop It From Happening Ever Again
Nocturnal leg cramps are not only painful, but they also prevent you from having a good night’s sleep, which is important …
- Marijuana Gum For Fibromyalgia Pain Relief: Would You Try This?
Fibromyalgia is more than just a chronic pain disorder: it can also cause fatigue, sleep, digestive problems, as well as …
- 9 Exercises to Relieve Neck and Shoulder Pain
Neck and shoulder pain is all too common in today’s world as more and more people spend countless hours everyday …
- This ONE Stretch Relieves Plantar Fasciitis, Shin Splints, Achilles Pain And Heel Pain
Everyone experiences foot problems at some point in their lives. If you’re someone who enjoys running or exercising, chances are that you’ve had at …
- Similar To Opium: The Best Natural Painkiller That Grows In Your Backyard
If someone told you that lettuce can ease your pain as well as opium, you might wonder if you heard …
- This Anti-inflammatory Drug Destroys Your Immune System, Fight Inflammation With These Foods Instead
Prednisone is a corticosteroid drug used to treat inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, blood disorders, and breathing problems (1). But …
- 7 Natural Ways to Relieve Your Neck Pain
There are some ailments that you wouldn’t wish on your worst enemy – neck pain being one of them. Neck …
- Big Pharma Whistleblower: Narcotic 100x Stronger Than Morphine Purposely Overprescribed
A former employee of the pharmaceutical company Insys is blowing the whistle on their unethical marketing practices. Patty Nixon used …
- Unbelievable: Heal Joints And Bones With This ONE Ingredient That We All Have In The Kitchen
Nobody wants to have joint pain. It can rob us of our mobility. Can you imagine a life where simply walking …
- Rub This Homemade Magnesium Lotion On Your Skin To Help Relieve Pain In Minutes
Everyone knows your body needs calcium for healthy bones and muscle development but there is another mineral that is just …
- Pharma Execs Arrested In Conspiracy to Create Opioid Addicts for Profit
Drugs use has always been an issue for some people. But it was always something that happened to someone else. …
- 8 Symptoms of Endometriosis Many Doctors Don’t Recognize
Endometriosis is one of the least understood female conditions. Despite the fact that roughly 1 in 10 women of reproductive …