Snoring can be quite comical, but it can also making sleeping more difficult. Some people snore so loud they wake themselves up or make it impossible for their partner to get a good night’s sleep.
75% of people who snore also have obstructive sleep apnea, which means that they may stop breathing for short periods of time as they sleep. This condition is quite serious as it increases the risk of developing heart disease and may result in death (1).
How To Stop Snoring
According to the Mayo Clinic, snoring occurs when air passes through relaxed tissues in your throat, causing them vibrate as you breathe, which creates those irritating sounds (2).
It can also be caused by excess mucus and inflammation of the mucous tissues, which narrows the nasal passages and causes a whistle-like sound (3).
While some people rely on decongestants and other pharmacy-bought products, specialists warn against using them.
“Many stop-snoring aids are marketed without scientific studies to support their claims,” says Sudhansu Chokroverty, MD, FRCP, FACP, who is also a neuroscience professor at Seton Hall University’s School of Health and Medical Sciences.
The best way to clear your sinuses and respiratory tract is to nourish your mucous tissues with this delicious drink.
- ¼ piece of fresh Lemon
- 1 2-inch piece of Ginger
- 2 Apples
- 2 Carrots
- Clean all the ingredients
- Peel the ginger and cut into slices.
- Cut all the ingredients, removing the core of the apples and the seeds of the lemon.
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Enjoy a few hours before bedtime. If the taste is too strong, add a spoonful of honey.
Lemons may be hard to eat because of their acidity, but it’s this very acidity that breaks up mucus and makes it easier for your sinuses to drain (4).
Ginger has antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties which are often used to clear mucus in the nasal passages and throat during the cold and flu (5).
Apple contains citric acid, which clear even the most stubborn congestion. Daily consumption is often recommended to singers to clear their throat of mucus to help their voice sound clear without drying it out their throat (6).
Carrot is full of vitamin A, which helps keep skin and mucous membranes that line the nose, sinuses, and mouth healthy (6,7). Combined with vitamin C and E, this vitamin can help prevent lung cancer and respiratory infections (8).
People with allergies and food sensitivities should avoid their triggers as they can cause excess mucus production in the digestive and respiratory tract. Eating inflammatory foods can also contribute to snoring (9).
You should also avoid smoking, eating dairy, taking muscle relaxants and drinking alcohol, which can contribute to the condition.
If your problem is severe, try taking a hot shower before bed or using a neti pot to help open nasal passages. It’s also important to stay hydrated to prevent your mucus from becoming sticky and hard to drain (10).
- Largest Medical Fraud Takedown In American History: More Than 400 Doctors, Nurses And Pharmacists Arrested For Health Care And Opioid Scams Worth $1.3 Billion
Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced Thursday (July 13th, 2017) that federal prosecutors charged more than 400 people (doctors, nurses and …
- Sweden Bans Mandatory Vaccinations Over ‘Serious Health Concerns’
There’s no denying it: vaccines a controversial issue. On one hand, they have saved the lives of countless children and …
- These Are The Most Dangerous & Heavily Promoted Prescription Drugs: Here Are Natural Alternatives
While it’s bad enough that almost half of the entire US population (48.7 percent) has used at least one of …
- Chinese Face Map Reveals What Part Of Your Body Is Sick And How To Address It!
If your eyes are the windows to your soul, then your face is a map of everything that ails you, …
- Doctor Plays Ukulele To Serenade Toddler With Cancer, And She Can’t Help But Dance With Joy!
Keeping a positive outlook and happy mind is one of the most powerful weapons when fighting an illness. And music …
- World’s Most Popular Multivitamin Is Useless And Contains Toxic Chemicals And Artificial Colors
“That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” While this may be true for …
- New Study: The More you Hug your Kids, the More Their Brains Develop
To borrow a phrase: love works in mysterious ways. We are born to love and, as it turns out, love …
- Your Bloating Could Be Water Retention. Here Are 5 Tricks To Fix It!
Bloating can be painful, uncomfortable, and embarrassing. It’s no coincidence that people often compare being bloated to feeling like a …
- Everything you Need to Know About Blood Clots
Clotting is a life-saving measure your body takes to prevent itself from bleeding out during an injury. Platelets and proteins …
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Drink Tea Before Bed to Reduce Stress and Help You Sleep
With something as basic and necessary as sleep, it’s puzzling and troubling that so many people have problems with it. …
- 17 Signs Your Body Is Too Acidic And 9 Ways To Quickly Alkalize It
The more acidic your body, the harder it becomes for your immune system to fight off illness, bacteria and even …
- For The First Time Ever, Cannabis Oil Will Be Used In A Hospital — To Save A 2-Month Old Baby Girl
Cannabis oil may be popular among medical marijuana users and patients suffering, but it’s yet to make its way into …
- Mom Warns Parents After Baby Gets 2nd-Degree Burns From Kid-Friendly Sunscreen
As the days get warmer and the daylight hours get longer, many parents instinctively reach for the sunscreen to keep …
- Medicinal Plant Has Over 60,000 Industrial Uses And Can Fight Cancer And Other Deadly Diseases
Despite what we’ve been taught, cannabis isn’t just a popular recreational drug. The cannabis plant actually has over 60 thousand …