Snoring can be quite comical, but it can also making sleeping more difficult. Some people snore so loud they wake themselves up or make it impossible for their partner to get a good night’s sleep.
75% of people who snore also have obstructive sleep apnea, which means that they may stop breathing for short periods of time as they sleep. This condition is quite serious as it increases the risk of developing heart disease and may result in death (1).
How To Stop Snoring
According to the Mayo Clinic, snoring occurs when air passes through relaxed tissues in your throat, causing them vibrate as you breathe, which creates those irritating sounds (2).
It can also be caused by excess mucus and inflammation of the mucous tissues, which narrows the nasal passages and causes a whistle-like sound (3).
While some people rely on decongestants and other pharmacy-bought products, specialists warn against using them.
“Many stop-snoring aids are marketed without scientific studies to support their claims,” says Sudhansu Chokroverty, MD, FRCP, FACP, who is also a neuroscience professor at Seton Hall University’s School of Health and Medical Sciences.
The best way to clear your sinuses and respiratory tract is to nourish your mucous tissues with this delicious drink.
- ¼ piece of fresh Lemon
- 1 2-inch piece of Ginger
- 2 Apples
- 2 Carrots
- Clean all the ingredients
- Peel the ginger and cut into slices.
- Cut all the ingredients, removing the core of the apples and the seeds of the lemon.
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Enjoy a few hours before bedtime. If the taste is too strong, add a spoonful of honey.
Lemons may be hard to eat because of their acidity, but it’s this very acidity that breaks up mucus and makes it easier for your sinuses to drain (4).
Ginger has antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties which are often used to clear mucus in the nasal passages and throat during the cold and flu (5).
Apple contains citric acid, which clear even the most stubborn congestion. Daily consumption is often recommended to singers to clear their throat of mucus to help their voice sound clear without drying it out their throat (6).
Carrot is full of vitamin A, which helps keep skin and mucous membranes that line the nose, sinuses, and mouth healthy (6,7). Combined with vitamin C and E, this vitamin can help prevent lung cancer and respiratory infections (8).
People with allergies and food sensitivities should avoid their triggers as they can cause excess mucus production in the digestive and respiratory tract. Eating inflammatory foods can also contribute to snoring (9).
You should also avoid smoking, eating dairy, taking muscle relaxants and drinking alcohol, which can contribute to the condition.
If your problem is severe, try taking a hot shower before bed or using a neti pot to help open nasal passages. It’s also important to stay hydrated to prevent your mucus from becoming sticky and hard to drain (10).
- How To Effectively Cleanse Your Lungs In Just 72 Hours
The start of the industrial revolution brought about the rise of airborne pollution. These last few hundred years have dramatically …
- 7 Reasons Why You Absolutely NEED to Try Castile Soap and 16 Genius Ways to Use It
Not all soaps are the same; they may clean all right but they might be leaving behind undesirables. There’s a …
- When Depression Hits You Hard…This Is What Happens To Your Brain and Memory.
Depression is one of the most common mental illnesses in the world(1), but the causes of it can be varied. …
- Natural Substance Found in Ginger Destroys Leukemia Without Harming Normal Cells, Study Finds
A new study is starting to make waves around the world . Scientists have discovered that 6-Shagaol, a primary ingredient in …
- 11 Brilliant Tricks to Easily Clean the Things You Weren’t Sure How to Clean
We all dread it… cleaning or fixing those annoying or fiddly items that you know you have to clean at …
- How to Grow an UNLIMITED Supply of Basil From a Single Plant
Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to have fresh herbs and produce whenever you want? Gardening typically requires planting …
- Farmed Salmon Is FULL Of Antibiotics And Mercury, Here’s How To Tell If Your Salmon Is Safe
Have you ever noticed that salmon in the supermarket can vary in color from a dull pink to a bright …
- How to Remove Fluoride, Allergens, Mercury, And Chemicals With Diatomaceous Earth
Diatomaceous Earth is quickly gaining popularity for its numerous health benefits. Unlike its name will lead you to believe, diatomaceous …
- Why You Should Stop Buying Hand Sanitizer Immediately…See What It Does To Your Skin!
Hand sanitizer is the of the most common household products in the United States. Most families and schools rely on …
- When a Liver Transplant Didn’t Cure Him…This 63-Year-Old Grandpa Used Cannabis Oil To Beat Cancer
A 63-year-old grandpa and retired builder from Hastings, East Sussex, England, says he cured himself of liver cancer by taking …
- How To Get Beautiful Silky, Shiny, Straight Hair With Coconut Milk And Lemon Juice
Most people with curly hair wishes it was straight, and straight hair want it to be curly. As the saying …
- High Intensity Exercise Helps Curb Appetite, Study Says
In a new study published in June this year, researchers at the University of Western Australia discovered that high intensity …
- Older People Sleep Less. Now We Know Why.
Often as people age their sleep patterns change and they spend much less time asleep. We may know this from …
- 4 Most Common Types of Coughs And The Plants That Can Naturally Treat Them
As air quality levels continue to degrade between environmental pollution, chemical pollution and geoengineering–lung disease, infections and illness continue to …
- 6 Unexpected Things That Happen To Your Body When You Stop Eating Meat
Going vegetarian or not is ultimately a personal choice – there are advantages and disadvantages to a vegetarian diet, but …