Digestive issues typically involve the stomach and intestines, but there’s one important part of your digestive tract that’s too often ignored and is actually quite important: your colon.
The colon plays a vital role in the elimination of food waste and your body’s hydration process. It can be damaged by chronic constipation, gut problems or IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) (1).
Whereas the intestines absorb nutrients from semi-digested foods and prevents the reabsorption of bad bacteria and toxins, the colon has the task of removing liquid and salt from this waste.
It is believed that eating a poor diet and being constantly dehydrated can cause food waste to stick to the walls of the colon and slowly poison your body.
As you age, your chances of developing polyps, inflammation, and cancerous and non-cancerous tumors in your colon increases. These complications may be linked to this stuck-on goop.
How To Cleanse Your Colon
This mixture will clean up your colon in no time. Always make sure to use this at home as it will move things along quite quickly. Drink plenty of water throughout the process.
If you’re pregnant, experience gastrointestinal pain, or suffer from a disease, talk to you doctor before cleansing yourself.
- ½ cup 100 percent pure organic apple juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger juice
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ cup of warm purified water
- Fill a small saucepan with the filtered water and warm up over low heat as to not boil it. It should be warm, but not too hot, as you’ll need to drink it quite quickly. Let it cool if necessary.
- Poor the water into your glass and add salt, stirring well to dissolve it.
- Add the apple, ginger, and lemon juice and then stir it again and enjoy.
- Drink three times a day (before each meal) for up to a week.
Apple juice contains over 14 phytochemicals that prevent colon cancer cell proliferation and fights free radical damage (5). It also contains vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, potassium, and magnesium (6).
To keep your colon healthy, try to drink this colon cleanse juice once every week. Make sure to also drink plenty of water, eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables rich in fiber, and exercise regularly.
- 6 Foods You Absolutely Need To Avoid If You Suffer From a Thyroid Disorder
Thyroid conditions can affect your energy, weight and overall health. Here’s why… This butterfly-looking gland is responsible for the production …
- This Teen Healed His Crohn’s Disease With Cannabis Oil, And Shared With Us His Story
We really shouldn’t be surprised to learn that 1.4 million Americans have Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis since both diseases …
- MRI Brain Scans Show That Probiotics Can Improve Symptoms Of Depression
A recent study performed at McMaster University may lead to large scale trials aimed at confirming the connection between gut …
- The Alkaline Diet Info Every Cancer Patient Needs To Read Immediately
Proper nutrition is at the heart of living a healthy life. When someone is diagnosed with a life-changing or life-threatening …
- 5 Simple Ways to Become Brainier
Stop feeling like you are at the bottom of the class when it comes to intelligence as by following the …
- 5 Ways to Treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome
IMAGINE HAVING A CONDITION with symptoms so severe that you can’t leave the house, yet your doctor calls it a …
- Menopausal Weight Gain: 4 Hormones Other Than Estrogen That Need Your Attention
Our bodies are constantly changing. Your metabolism now isn’t what it was when you were three, nor is your body …
- The Link Between Alcohol And Cancer Can No Longer Be Denied (It Causes SEVEN Types of Cancer!)
Your daily glass of beer or wine may not be so innocent after all. Recent research has found a link …
- Increasing Vegetable Protein Intake Could Help Kidney Disease Patients, Study Suggests
A new study has suggested that people living with kidney disease who eat more vegetable protein rather than animal protein …
- 10 Incredibly Tasty Heart Healthy Foods (+ 7 More to Try!)
With heart disease as the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States, paying attention to your …
- This Type of Exercise Can Boost Brain Power
You may not know it, but exercising can have remarkable effects on the brain. Recent studies have shown a number …
- The Hidden Cause of Depression, Alzheimer’s and Memory Loss Could Be Rooted In Brain Inflammation
Depression is a debilitating condition suffered by 121 million people worldwide. (1) The rate of depression cases diagnosed has been …
- 5 Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Sinus Infection
By now, you probably already know that Apple Cider Vinegar is a true lifesaver. Whether it be used to flavor …
- 8 Natural Ways To Prevent Bloating
Men and women alike can suffer from the uncomfortable side effects of bloating, from feeling heavy and sluggish to not …
- 6 Diseases Your Lack Of Sleep Could Be Causing
Sleep isn’t just blissful, it’s necessary. While you sleep, your body is conducting countless activities, including growth and cell repair. …