Colon cancer one the most common type of cancers among both men and women. In fact, it’s the second leading cause of cancer mortality in America (1).
Common risk factors include heavy drinking, high fat intake, being overweight, and having inflammatory bowel disease.
In general, symptoms of colorectal cancer are:
- Changes in bowel habits
• Blood in the stool
• Problems related to blood loss (anemia, weakness, fatigue, shortness of breath, pounding or racing heart, chest pain, and intolerance to exercise)
• Abdominal discomfort (frequent gas, bloating, fullness, cramps, and pain)
• Unexplained weight loss
• Painful bowel movements
• Feeling that your bowel does not empty completely
Colon cancer can be detected through regular rectal exams as it usually takes about 20-30 years for the cancer to develop.
Treatment often requires surgery and chemotherapy. But despite all these counter-measures, the disease currently has a low survival rate.
That’s why researchers are looking towards natural medicine to find more effective and less toxic alternatives to these traditional methods.
Surprisingly, coconut oil is showing to be a very promising contender. It contains lauric acid, which is an anti-viral, antimicrobial and anti-fungal compound also found in human breast milk.
Lauric acid is used to treat (2):
- influenza (and swine & avian flu)
- the common cold
- fever blisters
- cold sores
- genital herpes caused by HSV
- genital warts caused by HPV
- yeast infections
- Intestinal infections (caused by Giardia lamblia)
- ringworm (a skin fungus)
If that weren’t enough, lauric acid induces colon cancer cell death (apoptosis) due to induction of oxidative stress (3). Lauric acid actually makes up about 50% of the medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) found in coconut oil.
A study by the University of Adelaide discovered this component completely exterminated more than 93 percent of colon cancer cells after just two days (4).
In comparison, chemotherapy typically last 4-6 months and often require tumor removal (5). Chemotherapy also damages your body as it cannot distinguish between cancerous, precancerous and normal cells. Coconut oil, on the other hand, nourishes your healthy cells.
The researchers stressed that coconut oil has demonstrated a lot of potential in treating other cancers of the digestive tract and of the body, but that further research must be done in order to truly understand how to use coconut oil medicinally.
For the time being, leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and regular activity dramatically lowers our chances of developing colon cancer. You can also add more coconut oil to your diet as well incorporate other cancer-fighting foods.
- Make This Powerful Anti-Inflammatory Drink To Detox Your Body
The human body is bombarded with toxins every single day. It is in the air at work and the yard …
- 7 Ways To Manage Allergies That Doesn’t Involve Using Over-The-Counter Medication
Spring and summer may mean the end of the winter season and more time spent outdoors in the sun, but …
- Watch What Happens To Gray Hair When You Start Drinking Wheatgrass Everyday
Gray hair can make you look a lot older than you really are. Although there’s nothing wrong with having a …
- Beware: Ineffective Vaccine Might Make This a Bad Flu Season
Scientists are warning that this year’s flu vaccine may not be as effective as normal, which could lead to more …
- Top 5 Weight Loss Drinks You Need To Try
Thinking about losing a few extra pounds? The only true way to shed off unwanted weight is with a strict …
- 2-Ingredient Cleaning Solution For a Shiny Toilet – No Scrubbing Needed
It’s no secret that your toilet isn’t the cleanest place in your home. In the average household, toilets typically contain …
- BigPharma’s Sanofi Pasteur Refuses To Recall Contaminated Vaccine
Yet another reason to distrust commonly administered vaccines has come to light, thanks to local news outlet The Morning Call …
- How To Use Tomatoes To Get Rid of Varicose Veins
As you age, your skin begins to change in ways you probably won’t enjoy. Whether it be liver spots wrinkles …
- The ‘No Poo’ Experiment, Six Months Later Without Shampoo
“No Poo” is a nickname for going shampoo free… Everyone has a different experience when ditching shampoo. Here is Amber’s …
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Put An Onion In Your Sock Before Going To Bed
Onions: you either love them or hate them. They do so much more for you body then just making you …
- What Happens When You Drink Banana And Cinnamon One Hour Before Going To Sleep
Sleep disorders are extremely prevalent all over the world. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine published an article specifically about insomnia …
- 6 Plants that Will Help Keep Your House Naturally Cool
There’s something about house plants that makes a place homier. Bringing green into your home feels comforting, especially in winter …
- These Pills Are Lifesaving, But You’re Going To Gag When You See What’s In Them.
Diarrhea is something that can happen to anyone. However, getting diarrhea due to clostridium difficile (CDI) a type of bacterial infection can …
- 10 Daily Mistakes You Make That Age You Faster
Aging is inevitable. Since it’ll happen anyways, why not make it graceful? Life is the result of a series of …
- 6 Surprising Things Fed to US Cows!
For the most part, cattle in America are seen not as animals or living, breathing entities, but as commodities—products to …