Colon cancer one the most common type of cancers among both men and women. In fact, it’s the second leading cause of cancer mortality in America (1).
Common risk factors include heavy drinking, high fat intake, being overweight, and having inflammatory bowel disease.
In general, symptoms of colorectal cancer are:
- Changes in bowel habits
• Blood in the stool
• Problems related to blood loss (anemia, weakness, fatigue, shortness of breath, pounding or racing heart, chest pain, and intolerance to exercise)
• Abdominal discomfort (frequent gas, bloating, fullness, cramps, and pain)
• Unexplained weight loss
• Painful bowel movements
• Feeling that your bowel does not empty completely
Colon cancer can be detected through regular rectal exams as it usually takes about 20-30 years for the cancer to develop.
Treatment often requires surgery and chemotherapy. But despite all these counter-measures, the disease currently has a low survival rate.
That’s why researchers are looking towards natural medicine to find more effective and less toxic alternatives to these traditional methods.
Surprisingly, coconut oil is showing to be a very promising contender. It contains lauric acid, which is an anti-viral, antimicrobial and anti-fungal compound also found in human breast milk.
Lauric acid is used to treat (2):
- influenza (and swine & avian flu)
- the common cold
- fever blisters
- cold sores
- genital herpes caused by HSV
- genital warts caused by HPV
- yeast infections
- Intestinal infections (caused by Giardia lamblia)
- ringworm (a skin fungus)
If that weren’t enough, lauric acid induces colon cancer cell death (apoptosis) due to induction of oxidative stress (3). Lauric acid actually makes up about 50% of the medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) found in coconut oil.
A study by the University of Adelaide discovered this component completely exterminated more than 93 percent of colon cancer cells after just two days (4).
In comparison, chemotherapy typically last 4-6 months and often require tumor removal (5). Chemotherapy also damages your body as it cannot distinguish between cancerous, precancerous and normal cells. Coconut oil, on the other hand, nourishes your healthy cells.
The researchers stressed that coconut oil has demonstrated a lot of potential in treating other cancers of the digestive tract and of the body, but that further research must be done in order to truly understand how to use coconut oil medicinally.
For the time being, leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and regular activity dramatically lowers our chances of developing colon cancer. You can also add more coconut oil to your diet as well incorporate other cancer-fighting foods.
- 11 Ways Dehydration Could Be Making You Fat And Sick
The average human body is around 70% water. By not drinking enough water we are causing a whole raft of …
- Fatigue, Vitamin Deficiencies, and Diabetes: 7 Health Problems that Your Hands are Warning You About
The eyes may be the windows to the soul but your hands may be the windows to your blood and …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- Add 2 Tbsp. Of This Coconut Oil Mixture To Your Morning Coffee To Burn A TON Of Calories
Do you drink coffee every morning? If yes, the following coffee creamer recipe is definitely something you’ll want to try (if …
- The 5-Minute Yoga Routine That Can Help Restore Thyroid Levels
Yoga entails more than black stretchy pants and planks. It’s an Eastern practice that goes back thousands of years, an …
- How To Use Himalayan Salt Lamps For Better Air, Sleep And Mental Clarity
Himalayan crystal salt is the purest salt available on earth. Hence why it is used a lot for salt lamps. …
- Sleepless Children Are Aging Faster At A Cellular Level
The importance of sleep is often overlooked but it really can’t be over-emphasized. While you sleep, much of your body …
- Here’s The Homemade Cannabis Oil Recipe That People Are Using as a Chemo Alternative
People have been increasingly becoming aware of the anti-cancer benefits of cannabis over the last few years. Many studies done …
- How To Grow Aloe Vera At Home (And Health Benefits)
Aloe Vera is a member of the Old World succulent group known as Aloaceae. The plant has numerous healing properties …
- 72 Uses For Simple Household Products To Save Money & Avoid Toxins
Many cleaning products available on the market contain harmful toxins. Prolonged use of these products can cause skin irritation and …
- 10 High-Protein Vegetables You Need to Start Eating Today
Protein is the building blocks of muscles as well as bone, skin, hair, and nearly every other part of your …
- 7 Minutes. No Equipment. One Science-Backed Core Workout That Works
Working out is difficult for most people to do on a regular basis. The main issue that arises is making …
- The Many Benefits of Coriander Seed Oil and How to Use It
Coriander is a savory spice used extensively in Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine. It is the seed of the cilantro …
- 4 Diet Mistakes You’re Making that Only Create More Belly Fat
Many people (especially men) find that they accumulate abdominal fat that’s very hard to get rid of. This is especially …
- Teen Invents Bra That Can Save Millions After Mom Nearly Dies Of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is one of the main health concerns that women face in this day and age. For many, learning of …