Colon cancer one the most common type of cancers among both men and women. In fact, it’s the second leading cause of cancer mortality in America (1).
Common risk factors include heavy drinking, high fat intake, being overweight, and having inflammatory bowel disease.
In general, symptoms of colorectal cancer are:
- Changes in bowel habits
• Blood in the stool
• Problems related to blood loss (anemia, weakness, fatigue, shortness of breath, pounding or racing heart, chest pain, and intolerance to exercise)
• Abdominal discomfort (frequent gas, bloating, fullness, cramps, and pain)
• Unexplained weight loss
• Painful bowel movements
• Feeling that your bowel does not empty completely
Colon cancer can be detected through regular rectal exams as it usually takes about 20-30 years for the cancer to develop.
Treatment often requires surgery and chemotherapy. But despite all these counter-measures, the disease currently has a low survival rate.
That’s why researchers are looking towards natural medicine to find more effective and less toxic alternatives to these traditional methods.
Surprisingly, coconut oil is showing to be a very promising contender. It contains lauric acid, which is an anti-viral, antimicrobial and anti-fungal compound also found in human breast milk.
Lauric acid is used to treat (2):
- influenza (and swine & avian flu)
- the common cold
- fever blisters
- cold sores
- genital herpes caused by HSV
- genital warts caused by HPV
- yeast infections
- Intestinal infections (caused by Giardia lamblia)
- ringworm (a skin fungus)
If that weren’t enough, lauric acid induces colon cancer cell death (apoptosis) due to induction of oxidative stress (3). Lauric acid actually makes up about 50% of the medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) found in coconut oil.
A study by the University of Adelaide discovered this component completely exterminated more than 93 percent of colon cancer cells after just two days (4).
In comparison, chemotherapy typically last 4-6 months and often require tumor removal (5). Chemotherapy also damages your body as it cannot distinguish between cancerous, precancerous and normal cells. Coconut oil, on the other hand, nourishes your healthy cells.
The researchers stressed that coconut oil has demonstrated a lot of potential in treating other cancers of the digestive tract and of the body, but that further research must be done in order to truly understand how to use coconut oil medicinally.
For the time being, leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and regular activity dramatically lowers our chances of developing colon cancer. You can also add more coconut oil to your diet as well incorporate other cancer-fighting foods.
- Avoid Fleas and Ticks Forever With This Natural Remedy!
Every pet owner knows how annoying fleas can be. These minuscule insects can multiply in days and easily infest your …
- 9 Exercises To Burn Abdominal Fat
What are the best exercises to burn belly fat? A common question in the world of fitness. Belly fat is …
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- 9 Pesticide-filled Teas You Should Never Buy (and the Kind You Should!)
Tea is one of the most popular drinks enjoyed around the world. Americans drink up to 80 billion cups of …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …
- 16 Delicious Foods That Burn Belly Fat and Support Weight Loss
Obesity is a way-to-common problem in America and throughout the world. In fact, according to the Nation Health Institute, in …
- How Only 15 Minutes of Walking Can Change Everything
Walking is the most ordinary thing a human can do. Unless we have a physical impairment, we take this activity …