Your liver plays about 500 different functions, including neutralizing toxins, fighting infections and manufacturing proteins and hormones (1). It even has the capacity to regenerate itself after injury. It’s the only organ in your body which can do so.
Having an unbalanced diet and eating processed foods can really take a toll on the liver over time. It’s capacity to detoxify itself and cleanse the body is essential for optimal health. Without it, you’re prone to toxic overload and chronic illness.
The best way to keep your liver healthy is to simply feed it the right things. This juice is the perfect way to initiate that process.
Liver-Boosting Juice Recipe
- 25 g of celery
- A finger-sized piece of ginger
- 125 g of fresh red cabbage
- 1 lemon
- 250 g of fresh pears
- 10 g of mint
- 500 ml of water
- Wash all the ingredient thoroughly but do not peel them.
- Decore the pear, keeping as much flesh as possible, and grate the ginger.
- Cut the pears, cabbage and celery into thin slices
- Place all into a blender.
- Add the water and blend.
- Next, grate about a ½ tablespoon of lemon peel.
- Squeeze the lemon into a bowl and discard the seeds.
- Next, add the lemon juice, mint and peel and blend once more.
- Serve and enjoy!
How To use:
Drink this mix two times a day for best results. Take one glass first thing in the morning and one about two hours before you go to sleep. It will keep in your refrigerator for about 2 days.
What You Can Expect From Each Ingredient
A few animal studies suggest that celery seed extracts may help lower blood pressure and cholesterol, as well as protect the liver from damaging substances like tynenol.
It’s also a mild diuretic, which helps expel toxins from the body (2).
Ginger has positive effects on biomarkers of liver injury in patients suffering from Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease.
It also treated fat deposits in the liver to reverse the underlying cause of the condition (3).