7 Cancer-Causing Products Hiding In Your Home

by DailyHealthPost

cancer-causing products

7 Cancer Causing Products Hiding In Your Home

If you take the time to monitor what you eat and how much you exercise, it’s really important for you not to forget to extend these habits into your housekeeping routine. This is because countless items in your home are contaminated with harsh chemicals that slowly accumulate into your tissues and cause toxic overload.  These items could potentially be cancer causing products.

While it’s best to only buy organic homemade or traditional products, here are 7 possible cancer causing products and household items you should replace as soon as possible.

1. Shampoo

Respected academic and scientist David Suzuki reports that 80% common household products contain at least one of the 12 most toxic chemicals, which include carcinogens and endocrine disruptors like parabens, sodium laureth sulfate, formaldehyde-releasing preservatives and p-phenylenediamine (1).

When it comes to shampoo, parabens, fragrance, color and cocamide diethanolamine are the worst offenders. But these chemical aren’t just in shampoo : it’s estimated that 1 in 8 of the82,000 ingredients used in personal care products are industrial chemicals, including carcinogens, pesticides, reproductive toxins, and hormone disruptors. Even some “organic” or “natural” shampoo brands can contain harsh chemicals,

Instead just make your own or ditch the shampoo once and for all.

 

2. Candles

Although they may be given names like “summer breeze” or “strawberry shortcake”, scented candles are far from natural. In fact, most candles-even unscented ones-contain formaldehyde, an incredibly harmful chemical that emits toxic fumes when heated (2).

Formaldehyde is also known to cause irritation of the eyes, nose, throat and skin and well as respiratory distress, nausea and cancer (3,4,5)

Instead use all-natural beeswax candles with a cotton-wick to light up your home

3. Air Fresheners

Air fresheners and perfumes contain fragrance, which uses up to 3,000 chemicals to create a particular scent. These can lead to neurological problems, poor immunity, autoimmune disorders, dermatitis, respiratory distress, asthma, eye irritation, cancer, allergies, infertility, miscarriage, and so much more.

Worse yet, the ingredients are not required to be listed on the products, meaning that you never really know what you’re breathing in.

Instead make your own room spray with water, a teaspoon almond oil and 20 drops of so of your favorite essential oil in a 2oz spray bottle.

Share This Story on Facebook