When it comes to skincare, your hands and face are always the ones being spoiled with luxurious creams and treatments.
So why not spread the love and give your feet a bit of TLC too?
After all, they carry you around all day and are quite prone to painful cracks and dryness.
Spa days are expensive and nail salons are full of questionable toxic fumes, so it might be worth your while to learn how to pamper your toes at home.
All you need to give your feet a treat is a bit of milk and a dash of baking soda, so let’s get to it!
How It Works
Milk contains lactic acid, a form of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that is often used in high-end beauty products. It acts as a chemical exfoliant that reduces wrinkles and boosts collagen production (1). Milk also improves skin barrier function and hydrates the skin (2).
Baking soda softens feet by removing dead skin and wearing down calluses. It also has anti-microbial properties that help fight the bacteria that cause stinky feet (3).
Soothing Milk Soak
- 2-4 cups milk
- Baking soda
- A medium saucepan
- A large basin
- First, warm up the milk using your saucepan. If you wish, add a bit of dried lavender or rosemary to give it a nice fragrance.
- Once the temperature is just right, remove from heat, and pour the milk into a basin large enough to fit your feet.
- Soak your feet for 5 minutes.
- Next, sprinkle some baking soda in your hand and apply it directly to your right foot, scrubbing and massaging it over the basin for a minute or so. Dip and repeat with your left foot. Don’t forget to get in between your toes!
- Dip your feet for another 5 minutes while you sit back and relax.
- Rinse with warm water and towel-dry.
- Apply coconut oil or organic foot cream and cover your soft toes with some comfy socks.
- Master List of Monsanto Owned “Food” Producers
What if you found out that your favorite brand isn’t as safe and family-friendly as its colorful branding makes it …
- Older People Sleep Less. Now We Know Why.
Often as people age their sleep patterns change and they spend much less time asleep. We may know this from …
- Say Cheese! Incredible Ultrasound Captures Baby Smiling in His Mother’s Womb
5-month-old Leo David Hargreaves born in the UK has been smiling since before he was born, and he hasn’t stopped …
- Brilliant Invention by 15-Year-Old to Help Alzheimer’s Sufferers and Caregivers
Over five million people in the U.S. have Alzheimer’s. It is the sixth biggest killer disease. The victims of this …
- Optimize Your Health with This Infographic
A healthy lifestyle emerges from countless small choices that you make throughout the day. Looking for new ideas? Check out …
- 5 Natural Ways To Wipeout Underarm Odor For Good
Sweating is a natural process that’s actually odourless. So why do so many people suffer from body odour? Humans have …
- 10 Detox Baths For Relaxation and Rejuvenation
A detox bath is a great way to help cleanse the body, relax the mind, and provide extra support to …
- Breastfeeding Boosts Your Baby’s Immune System And Lowers Your Risk of Ovarian And Breast Cancer
Breastfeeding isn’t easy for most new mothers, but science is suggesting that it’s a struggle worth pushing through. When it …
- 8 Aches and Pains That May be Indicative of a Serious Health Problem
From time to time, it is completely normal to experience an ache or pain and you should not let it …
- 5 Proven Tips for Sleeping Better at Night
Most people don’t get enough sleep, which can lead to countless health issues ranging from difficulty concentrating and headaches to …
- 6 Little-Known Reasons Why Chronic Stress Is Bad For You
We all experience stress in our daily lives – from relatively minor stress like the kind that comes with exams …
- 7 Ways To Survive An Asthma Attack If You’re Caught Without An Inhaler
Most asthmatics rely on medication and inhalers to manage their symptoms in the case of an asthma attack. Unfortunately, although …
- Salt, Pepper and Lemon Can Solve These 9 Problems Better Than Any Medicine
Salt, lemon and pepper may seem more like things you’d put on a salad, but these three ingredients actually work …
- 5 Easy Ways To Free Yourself From Sugar Addiction
Okay, so maybe “easy” is the wrong word – sugar addiction is real and many people struggle to cut down …
- Top 9 Signs and Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
Right now, there are more than 2.3 million people in the world who are affected by Multiple Sclerosis (MS).  …