When it comes to skincare, your hands and face are always the ones being spoiled with luxurious creams and treatments.
So why not spread the love and give your feet a bit of TLC too?
After all, they carry you around all day and are quite prone to painful cracks and dryness.
Spa days are expensive and nail salons are full of questionable toxic fumes, so it might be worth your while to learn how to pamper your toes at home.
All you need to give your feet a treat is a bit of milk and a dash of baking soda, so let’s get to it!
Sign up to get our free newsletter in your inbox daily.
How It Works
Milk contains lactic acid, a form of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that is often used in high-end beauty products. It acts as a chemical exfoliant that reduces wrinkles and boosts collagen production (1). Milk also improves skin barrier function and hydrates the skin (2).
Baking soda softens feet by removing dead skin and wearing down calluses. It also has anti-microbial properties that help fight the bacteria that cause stinky feet (3).
Soothing Milk Soak
- 2-4 cups milk
- Baking soda
- A medium saucepan
- A large basin
- First, warm up the milk using your saucepan. If you wish, add a bit of dried lavender or rosemary to give it a nice fragrance.
- Once the temperature is just right, remove from heat, and pour the milk into a basin large enough to fit your feet.
- Soak your feet for 5 minutes.
- Next, sprinkle some baking soda in your hand and apply it directly to your right foot, scrubbing and massaging it over the basin for a minute or so. Dip and repeat with your left foot. Don’t forget to get in between your toes!
- Dip your feet for another 5 minutes while you sit back and relax.
- Rinse with warm water and towel-dry.
- Apply coconut oil or organic foot cream and cover your soft toes with some comfy socks.