When it comes to skincare, your hands and face are always the ones being spoiled with luxurious creams and treatments.
So why not spread the love and give your feet a bit of TLC too?
After all, they carry you around all day and are quite prone to painful cracks and dryness.
Spa days are expensive and nail salons are full of questionable toxic fumes, so it might be worth your while to learn how to pamper your toes at home.
All you need to give your feet a treat is a bit of milk and a dash of baking soda, so let’s get to it!
How It Works
Milk contains lactic acid, a form of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that is often used in high-end beauty products. It acts as a chemical exfoliant that reduces wrinkles and boosts collagen production (1). Milk also improves skin barrier function and hydrates the skin (2).
Baking soda softens feet by removing dead skin and wearing down calluses. It also has anti-microbial properties that help fight the bacteria that cause stinky feet (3).
Soothing Milk Soak
- 2-4 cups milk
- Baking soda
- A medium saucepan
- A large basin
- First, warm up the milk using your saucepan. If you wish, add a bit of dried lavender or rosemary to give it a nice fragrance.
- Once the temperature is just right, remove from heat, and pour the milk into a basin large enough to fit your feet.
- Soak your feet for 5 minutes.
- Next, sprinkle some baking soda in your hand and apply it directly to your right foot, scrubbing and massaging it over the basin for a minute or so. Dip and repeat with your left foot. Don’t forget to get in between your toes!
- Dip your feet for another 5 minutes while you sit back and relax.
- Rinse with warm water and towel-dry.
- Apply coconut oil or organic foot cream and cover your soft toes with some comfy socks.
- Look 10 Years Younger By Using Coconut Oil In These 5 Different Ways
There are gazillions of personal care products you can buy in a store. Aisles and aisles are dedicated to moisturizers, …
- How Sleep Affects Your Health
While many of us with busy lifestyles may look at proper sleep as an afterthought, sleep is actually extremely important …
- Top 10 Health Scams You Need To Avoid
Every now and then you’ll come across a “magical” or “amazing” product that will help you lose weight, fight disease, …
- These Folks Converted Their Swimming Pool Into a Self-Sufficient Farm and It’s Awesome
Drought, climate conditions, and pollution are major factors concerning agriculturists. Drought can be overcome with drought-resistant plants, climate-controlled environments can …
- How To Tell If The Pain Between Your Shoulder Blades Is a Warning Sign Of Cancer
Back pain is incredibly common in adults throughout the world. Whether it’s the strain of sitting down or standing up …
- 4 Ways To Keep Your Thyroid Gland Healthy
Many people have questions when it comes to the purpose and function of the thyroid. This small gland can have …
- High Doses of Vitamin C Selectively Kills Mutant Colorectal Cancer Cells And Impairs Tumor Growth
Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in the United States (1). It’s also one of the most aggressive …
- This Is What Your Farts Reveal About Your Health
Being gassy is never fun, especially when you’re surrounded by other people. Most people think that they fart more than …
- This New Anti-Anxiety Cannabis Milk Is Coming To A Store Near You Soon
As new cannabis products pop up all over North America, health companies elsewhere in the world have also hopped on …
- Iodine Can Help Prevent and Even Treat Breast Cancer
It’s unfortunate how many women believe breast cancer can’t be prevented, especially due to predispositions, but the truth is that …
- Artichokes Are Rich In Phytochemicals That Can Help Protect The Liver And Prevent Cancer
When most people plan out their daily meals, artichokes aren’t exactly a frequent feature – but maybe they should be. …
- Warning: Avoid Heinz Ketchup Like The Plague And Here’s Why…
For most families, a barbecue simply isn’t complete without a bottle of ketchup on the picnic table. However, just because …
- Quickly Fight Anxiety The Moment It Happens With This 2-Minute Ancient Breathing Technique
According to the Anxiety Disorders Association of America, anxiety disorders are the common mental illnesses in the country (1). It …
- Are You Feeling Nervous Or Depressed? This Ancient Technique Will Help You Relax In No Time!
Eastern healing methods have really gained traction in the western world recently, despite having been introduced over half a century …
- This Is What Your Body Odor Says About Your Health And What You Can Do To Control It
Sweating is good for you. Perspiration cools the skin when it’s hot so you don’t overheat and is one way …