2. Golden milk
Drink it before bed for an extra restful sleep.
- 1 cup milk (almond, coconut, or organic cow’s milk)
- 1 teaspoon raw organic coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric paste (or more, to taste)
- Honey, to taste (unpasteurized and local, if you can get it)
- Combine all ingredients except honey in a small saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- When completely blended and hot (but not boiling), remove from heat.
- Add honey to taste, stirring until dissolved.
Two creative ways to heal your skin.
3. Brightening Face Mask
Turmeric is said to help diminish dark circles and smooth and minimize pores.
The spice is an antioxidant that fends off free radicals that cause premature aging, and it can also help to correct an uneven skin tone and reduce redness from blemishes and rosacea.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon raw organic honey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon organic yogurt (for sensitive skin, use more)
- In a small dish, combine all the ingredients and whisk with a fork.
- Wash your face, pat dry and pull your hair back.
- Apply the mask to your face using your fingers, be careful not to stain your clothes or counter.
4. Let the mask dry for about 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Rinse the mask off with warm water over a stainless steel sink and use an old towel to pat dry.