Everyone experiences depression at some point in their life. It’s inevitable. It’s part of what makes us human.
When depression hits, you need to proactively treat it.
Use Turmeric To Fight Depression
If you have depression and don’t want to take prescriptions pills like Prozac that cause side effects such as “suicidal ideation or other psychotic disorders,” then turmeric might just be what you’re looking for.
In a study published in Phytotherapy Research, researchers found that ingesting 1,000mg of curcumin (in two divided doses of 500mg) each for six weeks proved to be just as effective at treating depression than the common anti-depressant drugs currently on the market.
Turmeric Is Hands Down Better
The biggest difference here is that turmeric doesn’t cause you to have any “suicidal thoughts” and instead offers a handful of proven health benefits:
- protects the brain from inflammation and fluoride
- helps the brain heal itself
- improves absorption of plant-based omega-3s (ALA)
How To Take Turmeric For Depression
Turmeric contains approximately 2 percent curcumin by weight, so a tablespoon of turmeric, which weighs 6.8 grams, contains about 0.136 gram curcumin, or 136mg.
Since turmeric contains very small concentrations of curcumin look for standardized 95% curcumin (curcuminoids) supplements.
Then, using these supplements, simply crack them open and add its contents to your smoothies.
Always make sure that your smoothies incorporate the basic ingredients needed to maximize curcumin absorption:
- a source of healthy fat
- black pepper (piperine)
Combine this natural solution with 30 minutes of light exercise for best results.
- 7 Most Disgusting Ingredients Used to Make Vaccines
Parents have the right to understand what is being put into their child’s body. The production of vaccines uses many …
- Children Under The Age of 12 Should Avoid Handheld Devices…Here’s What They Do To Their Brains!
Technology is so ever present in our everyday lives that it’s beginning to make its way into the lives of …
- Marathon Runners Put Winning Aside To Honor World War II Veteran
“Thanks for your service,” utters one racer after the next as they stop in their tracks mid-race to give 95-year-old …
- Powerful Mix To Drink Morning And Night For Steady Weight Loss
Weight loss isn’t just about dieting or working out, it’s a set of healthy habits that you truly have to …
- Get Rid of Foot Pain in Minutes With These 6 Effective Stretches
In Reflexology, the feet are the center of the body: all energy meridians used in acupuncture flow through the feet. …
- 25 Indoor Plants That Can Filter Air Pollutants Out of Your Home And Improve Air Quality
We know that we depend on plants for the air we breathe. They breathe in carbon dioxide and breathe out …
- This 3-Day Cleanse Is All You Need To Keep Your Lymphatic System Healthy All Year Long
The lymphatic system is a very important part of your body, but is often poorly understood. Poor lymphatic health is associated …
- 5 Perfectly Good Reasons Why Your Digestive System Isn’t Working Properly (No. 4 Is a No-Brainer!)
It seems nearly everyone has digestive issues these days. Crohn’s, IBS, colitis, celiac, and dozens of other digestive disorders have …
- Do You Sleep With Your Mouth Open? Here’s What You Are Doing To Yourself!
Whether you do it on purpose or not, sleeping or napping with your mouth open is a bad idea. It’s …
- The Leaves of Soursop Are 1000 Times Stronger at Killing Cancer Cells Than Chemotherapy
Graviola, or soursop, is a tropical fruit native to South America and the Caribbean. Known also as custard apple (THAT …
- Turmeric Protects Skin from UVB Radiation and Aging, Concludes Japanese Study
The Holy Powder of India, turmeric, is spreading its healing influence around the world, blessing the open mind with its …
- This Immunologist is a Strong Believer in “The Power of Dirt.” Why? Get Ready to be Mind Blown!
It’s time to put to rest the popular myth that disease is a factor primarily of chance, spurred on by …
- How To Make Your Own Magnesium Oil
Magnesium plays a fascinating, yet sometimes overlooked, role in nutrition. It is the 11th most abundant element by mass in …
- Castor Oil Is Great For Thickening And Regrowing Hair, Eyelashes And Eyebrows
One of the most prominent and popular beauty trends as of late has been full eyelashes and eyebrows. Many women rely …
- Stick a Piece of Garlic On Your Skin And Watch What Happens…The Results Will Amaze You!
You may have heard of the benefits of placing onion on your feet or honey on your chest to help …