Cancer is one of the most frightening diseases of our age. Everyone knows someone who’s had cancer, and it’s scary to think that it may happen to you too.
Modern science is still struggling to understand how cancer manifests itself and how to cure it. However, most researchers agree that chronic stress and inflammation plays a big role in the development of the deadly disease (1).
What To Eat To Prevent Cancer
Anti-inflammatory compounds might hold the key to preventing cancer. Of course, it’s important to lead an active lifestyle and manage stress for best results.
Many foods that help prevent the disease can be found in your spice cabinet.
How Turmeric Fights Cancer
A large number of laboratory studies on cancer cells have shown that curcumin has proven chemopreventive effects. It seems to be able to kill cancer cells and prevent them from growing. It has the best effects on breast cancer, bowel cancer, stomach cancer and skin cancer cells (3). It’s also been proven effective against colon, prostate, ovarian, and brain cancer (4).
Piperine, the active compound in black pepper, can increase curcumin absorption in both rats and humans with no adverse effects (5). It’s been said to increase effectiveness of turmeric by as much as 2000%!
Olive oil makes a great sidekick to turmeric because curcumin is fat-soluble. This means it needs to be dissolved in fat to make it into the intestine, where it is absorbed into the bloodstream (6). Olive oil is also full of antioxidants and substantial amounts of other compounds deemed to be anticancer agents (e.g. squalene and terpenoids) (7).
Turmeric is a great spice to use in the kitchen, in anything from curries and vegetable seasoning to hot milk and tea.
The following recipe comes from Dr. Carolyn Anderson who recommends taking this mixture as often as you can. via HuffingtonPost
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Mix all the ingredient in a small bowl until they all blend together.
- Add the mixture to soup or salad or simply whisk in a little water and drink it straight.
- Take once every day before a meal.
- Use This Homemade Probiotic Deodorant To Rebalance The Good Bacteria On Your Skin
“Probiotic” is talked about so much in health food and health blog circles that it can start to seem like a …
- How To Use Fermented Rice Water For Long And Healthy Hair
How you style your hair can change the shape of your face. And for many women, hair is also a …
- Why Diet Matters for Oral Health
We talk about food for heart health and nutrition for brain health… but what about your mouth? It turns out …
- 7 Ways To Survive An Asthma Attack If You’re Caught Without An Inhaler
Most asthmatics rely on medication and inhalers to manage their symptoms in the case of an asthma attack. Unfortunately, although …
- Beware of The #1 Cause of Acute Liver Damage
Raise your hand is you’ve ever taken Tylenol. Chances are, you probably have some in your medicine cabinet and rely …
- How To Use Acupressure To Reduce High Blood Pressure In 5 Minutes Without Drugs
Although your blood keeps you alive and is rushing through your body constantly, it’s easy to forget that it’s even …
- How To Use The R-I-C-E Method To Quickly Get Rid of Swollen Ankles, Legs And Feet
After a long day up on your feet or a long flight, you may notice that your ankles, legs and …
- My Mom Told Me Vinegar Was Useful. But I Never Imagined That It Could Do THIS…Incredible!
Not many people would think of using vinegar for cleaning. While it may not have the most pleasant smell, here’s …
- DIY Lip Scrub: 26 Easy Ways To Say Goodbye To Chapped Lips
What if it was ridiculously easy to make a DIY lip scrub at home and not worry about artificial chemicals? Cracked …
- How To Make a Clay Pot Heater To Keep Your House Warm When There’s a Power Outage
Living in colder climates often means having to choose between being eco-friendly or being warm. Most people are not aware …
- Just Eight Weeks of Eating Paleo Can Dramatically Cut Blockages in Your Arteries!
Ever considered going Paleo? Well, a recent University of Houston study demonstrated that it would be worth taking the leap …
- Wash Your Face With Coconut Oil Every Day And Watch What Happens To Blemishes And Wrinkles
Back in 2011, Americans spent more than $50 billion on beauty products. (1) Everyone wants beautiful looking skin. But not everyone’s …
- 8 Aches and Pains That May be Indicative of a Serious Health Problem
From time to time, it is completely normal to experience an ache or pain and you should not let it …
- 15 Signs Your Liver is NOT Taking Out the Trash (a.k.a. Toxins)
Your liver is responsible for cleaning all the crud out of your body and breaking it down to a form …
- Mix Bananas, Honey and Water: Cough and Bronchitis Will Disappear
If you have ever had bronchitis, you know how hard it is to treat. Worse of all, when your airway …