Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years and western medicine is finally catching on.
By now, you’ve heard all about the health benefits of adding turmeric to your diet.
While making turmeric tea at home is a great way to incorporate this spice into your life, it’s not necessarily the most efficient.
Curcumin is poorly absorbed into the bloodstream. But don’t worry, there’s an easy way to fix this.
How To Turbo-Charge Your Turmeric Tea
This recipe is extremely nutritious and easy to make. The added ingredients in this recipe naturally increase your absorption of curcumin based on principles shown here.
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp manuka or regular honey
- Pour everything except the honey into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a light boil and immediately reduce heat.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea.
- Pour into a cup and add honey to taste.
- The Best Superfood Smoothie To Fight Fatigue And Inflammation
Even if you wake up feeling sleepy, you still have a chance to change the course of your day by …
- 4 Easily Digestible Juice Recipes To Elevate Your Mood And Energy Levels
Depression is a mood disorder which affects the lives of many Americans. Left untreated, it can wreak havoc on your work …
- Have You Ever Tried ‘Hummoli’? This Dip Has Chickpeas, Avocado, Olive Oil, and More Healthy Ingredients!
Snacking can be the downfall of anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle. With so many unhealthy options available at …
- 12 Recipes for Gluten-Free Cookies You Won’t Be Able to Resist
Gluten is becoming an ever-increasing concern in the Western diet. The volume of people with wheat allergies or sensitivities across …
- Eat More Kale With These 6 Recipes
Spring is the best time of year for leafy greens like kale. Ranked as one of the healthiest vegetables that …
- 5 Tasty Cherry Recipes That Will Give Your Body a Much Needed Boost In Melatonin
No one can resist the sweet tartness of a cherry. It turns out there is much more the cherry can …
- How to Make Medicinal Pickled Turmeric
This recipe for pickled turmeric promises to reduce inflammation & promote wellness. But before we begin, let’s take a quick …
- 5 Antioxidant-Rich Blackberry Recipes
Blackberries are so much more than a dessert fruit staple. Not only are they able to help keep you looking …
- How To Make Vegan Cheese Using Cashews
Extra smooth with a subtle garlic flavor, this vegan cheese with cashews will make you forget about dairy. Guess what! You …
- How to Use Baking Soda to Treat and Prevent Acid Reflux
When acid reflux hits, the one thing you want is instant relief. It is often referred to as heartburn because …
- 27 Turmeric Recipes That Will Spice Up Your Life
Turmeric is the superfood that makes our cooking dazzle. But it does ever so much more than simply flavor and color our food. Cooking …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- Chocolate Treats Without the Guilt
Chocolate is a guilty obsession for millions of people. But what if you could have your chocolate without the remorse? …
- Here’s How To Make Your Own Kombucha Tea (You’ll Love This Probiotic-Rich Beverage!)
Kombucha is a fermented tea drink that has been gaining popularity recently due to many claims about its health-promoting properties. …
- Everyone’s Favorite Antioxidant Source: 6 Blueberry Recipes
Blueberry season is right around the corner, and that means that everyone’s favorite antioxidant source is back. With wild blueberries …