Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years and western medicine is finally catching on.
By now, you’ve heard all about the health benefits of adding turmeric to your diet.
While making turmeric tea at home is a great way to incorporate this spice into your life, it’s not necessarily the most efficient.
Curcumin is poorly absorbed into the bloodstream. But don’t worry, there’s an easy way to fix this.
How To Turbo-Charge Your Turmeric Tea
This recipe is extremely nutritious and easy to make. The added ingredients in this recipe naturally increase your absorption of curcumin based on principles shown here.
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp manuka or regular honey
- Pour everything except the honey into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a light boil and immediately reduce heat.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea.
- Pour into a cup and add honey to taste.