Tired of eating ice cream to keep cold?
You probably never thought you could get sick of such a delicious treat, but after a while, it’s normal to crave a bit of diversity in your snacks.
Sure, there are a bunch of great cocktails and juices to keep you feeling refreshed, but most are laden with added sugars and food coloring that you really should avoid.
Instead, blend up some watermelon chunks for a delicious and easy (not to mention additive-free) frozen treat! Plus, it only takes a few minutes to make: from the kitchen to the patio!
Basic Watermelon Slushie
This recipe fills two tall glasses, so make sure to share with a friend or family member !
- 2 Cups of frozen watermelon chunks
- 2 Cups coconut water
- Combine watermelon and coconut water into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Watermelon Slushie With Lime
Here’s another recipe you might like!
Watermelon is packed with L-citrulline, which fights cancer and lycopene, which protects the heart. It’s also filled with hydrating electrolytes that replace the minerals you lose through sweat on a hot day or after a workout.
It’s also high in vitamins A and B6, as well as protein and fiber. The fruit is even used as an herbal medicine to treat oxidative stress, diabetes, cancer, and macular disorders (1). For best results, pick your own watermelon, cut it into large cubes, and freeze before use.
Additionally, coconut water is just sweet enough to curb sugar cravings and it’s chock-full of B vitamins, and essential minerals, as well as amino acids, organic acids, enzymes, antioxidants, and phytonutrients.
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Mix Sauerkraut And Turmeric
Fermentation isn’t limited to the process of making your favorite beer or wine. It’s actually used to produce a wide …
- The World Health Organization Confirms: Coffee Does Not Cause Cancer As Long As You Don’t Do THIS!
Let’s be honest, you probably don’t feel like yourself until you have your morning coffee. And you’re not alone: about …
- How To Make A Metabolism Boosting Spice Blend
There are a number of herbs and spices that have metabolism boosting properties – and this unique blend includes some …
- Eat Your Greens, or Your Gut Gets It
Vegetables and fruits provide more nutritious content than just easily-identifiable vitamins and minerals. As with any living thing, they are …
- 8 Foods That Look Like The Body Parts They’re Good For
Hippocrates once said, “let food be thy medicine, and thy medicine be thy food.” While that is an oversimplification of …
- 6 Medicinal Benefits of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is an incredible natural remedy that have internal and external applications. With hundreds of active components that benefit …
- Top 8 Disgusting Facts About Fast Food
What you know about fast food is probably bad enough. What you don’t know may be even worse. The realities …
- 5 Diet Mistakes That Make You Age Faster
Aging is of course inevitable, but it turns out that we may have more control over how gracefully we age …
- Top 15 Foods That Help Fight Chronic Inflammation
Inflammation is the bane of many doctors and patients’ existence. It accompanies many infections and bodily injuries and is infamous …
- Oregano And Rosemary Work Just Like Prescription Drugs To Lower Blood Sugar Levels
8% of Americans suffer from type 2 diabetes (1). This number is currently on the rise. In fact, the number of …
- 7 Foods You Can Add to Your Water That Aid in Digestion and Eliminate Toxins From Your Body
Staying hydrated is essential to promoting good digestion and overall health – ideally you should be drinking between 6 and …
- Arsenic Found in Rice, FDA Says Not To Worry?
A few days ago, the FDA released results of its tests for arsenic in rice and rice products. The conclusion of …
- Eat 3 Dates Daily And These 6 Things Will Happen!
Just like other dried healthy snacks, if you eat dates on a daily basis, you will get tremendous health benefits. …
- Try This Tasty Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie With Ginger, Coconut Oil and Green Tea
Chronic inflammation in the body leads to advanced aging and disease. It can be caused by many different factors including …
- Natural Compound in Black Pepper Increases Curcumin Absorption Up to 2000%
Some like it hot–and it’s better for you than you think. In addition to its own antioxidant alkaloid phytochemical piperine, …