Tired of eating ice cream to keep cold?
You probably never thought you could get sick of such a delicious treat, but after a while, it’s normal to crave a bit of diversity in your snacks.
Sure, there are a bunch of great cocktails and juices to keep you feeling refreshed, but most are laden with added sugars and food coloring that you really should avoid.
Instead, blend up some watermelon chunks for a delicious and easy (not to mention additive-free) frozen treat! Plus, it only takes a few minutes to make: from the kitchen to the patio!
Basic Watermelon Slushie
This recipe fills two tall glasses, so make sure to share with a friend or family member !
- 2 Cups of frozen watermelon chunks
- 2 Cups coconut water
- Combine watermelon and coconut water into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Watermelon Slushie With Lime
Here’s another recipe you might like!
Watermelon is packed with L-citrulline, which fights cancer and lycopene, which protects the heart. It’s also filled with hydrating electrolytes that replace the minerals you lose through sweat on a hot day or after a workout.
It’s also high in vitamins A and B6, as well as protein and fiber. The fruit is even used as an herbal medicine to treat oxidative stress, diabetes, cancer, and macular disorders (1). For best results, pick your own watermelon, cut it into large cubes, and freeze before use.
Additionally, coconut water is just sweet enough to curb sugar cravings and it’s chock-full of B vitamins, and essential minerals, as well as amino acids, organic acids, enzymes, antioxidants, and phytonutrients.
- How Intermittent Fasting Can Make Fat Loss Much More Enjoyable.
Rules were meant to be broken. Even the golden rule: always eat breakfast. A commonplace rule such as this is …
- 5 Amazing Reasons Why Flexible Dieting is the Last Diet You’ll Ever Need
Ever heard of flexible dieting? Every year or so, a fabulous new diet plan comes out that promises to …
- Leave That Canola Oil on The Shelf and Forget About it!
(originally written by Dr. Stephen Gangemi) Canola oil is a staple in most homes, especially in North America. The fatty …
- Eating This Weird Looking Mushroom is a Proven Way to Relax and Boost Brain Performance
Nature provides an amazing array of resources to improve our health and boost our immunity. Mushrooms are a type of …
- How To Bake The Perfect Guilt-Free Sweet Potato Fries
There’s nothing quite like the satisfaction of eating crispy, fresh fries on a nice, sunny day. But for many people, …
- Clove Extract Stops The Growth of Breast, Colon And Liver Cancer (Make a Tincture!)
Cloves are no longer just for your apple cider or Holiday Ham—as it turns out they have an amazing super …
- Is Eating Like a Caveman Healthy or Crazy?
The paleo diet (from “Paleolithic,” also known as the caveman diet) has, literally, been around since the Stone Age. In …
- 6 Little-Known Benefits of Eating Dark Chocolate
It’s a great feeling to learn that something that tastes so good, can actually be good for us too! When …
- This 2-Ingredient Pineapple Dole Whip Recipe Is To Die For
When you think of superfoods turmeric, ginger and açaí probably come to mind, but they aren’t alone. Science is proving …
- 5 Everyday Foods That Can Help Prevent Kidney Stones
The pain from having a kidney stone can be excruciating. This is why it is vital you ensure you are …
- This Little Boy Was Having Up To 500 Seizures A Day…It Didn’t Stop Until His Father Did This!
Jayden David was born a happy, healthy baby. But 4 months after his birth, he mysteriously started having myoclonic seizures. …
- Eat Your Greens with These 5 Spinach Recipes
As a leafy green, spinach provides a cornucopia of vitamins and minerals. Recently, researchers have also found that the nutritional …
- 5 Deadly Ingredients Found In Common Foods That Slowly Poison Your Brain
There’s no shortage of things that can damage your brain. Some chemicals commonly found in food can have a negative impact …
- 9 Gluten Free Grains to Try
As the field of nutritional research continues to improve and grow, we are learning more and more about what we …
- Researchers Wanted To See How Well Wasabi Fared Against Cancer…They Were Not Disappointed!
The potent condiment wasabi, made from spicy Japanese horseradish, may be useful as more than just an addition to your …