Turmeric is the spice of the day–and with good reason.
Traditionally used in Indian cuisine, this magnificent plant is known to protect the skin from ultraviolet rays; treat acne, depression, diabetes, cancer, and high blood pressure; and prevent neurodegenerative disease.
It works better than any pharmaceutical because it’s a natural food that the body can recognize and metabolize without any unwanted side effects.
Curcumin is a Health-Promoting Powerhouse
Turmeric contains the antioxidant curcumin, which gives it its yellow-orange color. Curcumin acts as an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, bringing cells back to equilibrium. Turmeric therefore protects the body–including the brain–from toxins.
One of the liver’s primary responsibilities (it has a few hundred) is to detoxify the body from both internal and external elements; turmeric promotes the enzymes needed to keep liver function working optimally, contributing to overall detoxification.
It’s not difficult to add turmeric to your diet–you can sprinkle it on virtually anything. Here is a recipe for turmeric juice, a delicious and direct way to get a whack of curcumin into your system, healing and promoting wellness.
- 5-7 inches fresh turmeric root
- 5-7 tamarind pods
- 1 quart water, filtered
- 2 lemons
- Raw, organic local honey, to taste
optional: a dash of black pepper (improves absorption)
- Blender (with glass pitcher)
- Medium glass bowl
- Glass jar with airtight lid
1. Peel the turmeric and cut into 3-inch sections. (Regular soap and water will remove the yellow color from your hands and work surface.)
2. Bring water to a boil and drop in the turmeric, boiling until the water is a bright gold color–at least 20 minutes.
3. While the turmeric boils, open the tamarind pods and scrape out the pulp and seeds inside into a small pan. Pour in about an inch of water and heat on medium, mixing with a wooden utensil until pulp dissolves into jam-like consistency. When the right texture is achieved, removed from heat and allow to cool.
4. Once the turmeric water is the right color, remove from heat and pour in a little cold water to stop it from boiling. Pour the water and turmeric into a blender and puree. The color should now be a bright fiery marigold.
5. When the tamarind is ready, pour it into a glass bowl through a strainer to remove the pods and seeds–you only want the pulp. Place tamarind into the blender with the turmeric. Puree to blend.
6. Squeeze the lemons into the blender and mix one more time.
7. Pour the tea into a large glass jar(s), add honey to taste, then close the jar tightly and shake to mix.
8. Juice can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Shake before enjoying.
To your health!
- How To Do a 3-Day Sugar Detox to ACCELERATE Fat Loss And Improve Your Mood!
Everybody gets a sweet tooth every once in a while, but it’s easy for these cravings to develop into full-blown …
- The World’s #1 Food For Heart Attack, Hypertension, Stroke And Cholesterol
Dates aren’t the most attractive fruit, but they certainly are sweet and nutritious. Studies show that this amazing fruit has …
- Top 6 Health Benefits of Magnesium
You probably already know a lot about the other vitamins and minerals that are crucial to your overall optimal health, …
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- Top 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods You Can Eat Every Day
The links between chronic inflammation and increased risk of diseases like cancer are well documented – as one study puts …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- This Drink Will Burn Stomach Fat 4X Faster, Prevent Cancer, Improve Energy And Remove Toxins
Most tea can be found either in tea bag or loose leaf form. Occasionally, it can also be fermented and …
- Do Not Use Apple Cider Vinegar If You’re On Any Of These Medications
Nothing exists in a vacuum. Our bodies are complex organisms that are constantly moving, with chemicals acting and interacting. Sometimes …
- 7 Day Alkaline Diet Plan to Fight Inflammation and Disease
Although the alkaline diet may seem like the latest celebrity craze, you shouldn’t dismiss it so quickly. Forget how you …
- Top 10 Plant-Based Protein Foods You Should Be Eating
Proteins (comprised of a variety of twenty amino acids) provide cell structure and serve as neurotransmitters between cells. There’s protein …
- How Taking Turmeric Helps Your Body Block Fat and Your Liver Remove Toxins as Fast as Possible
Turmeric, “the golden spice”, is a staple in India and surrounding regions. As of late, it’s becoming increasingly popular in …
- The First U.S. School District to Begin Serving Only Organic, GMO-Free Meals
Hail to the trailblazers! No one would argue the importance of nutrition, especially for children. As their bodies develop, they …
- Soak Chia Seeds To Supercharge Your Metabolism, Burn Fat And Fight Inflammation
You may have heard about chia pets, the adorable children’s toy made from sprouted seeds. These beloved toys are actually …
- 92 Alkaline Foods That Fight Cancer, Inflammation, Diabetes and Heart Disease
Human life, just like all life on earth, depends on appropriate pH levels in and around living organisms and cells. …