Facial cleansers are everywhere on the market today, and it can be hard to know which ones are
actually good for your skin and which ones contain potentially harmful chemicals.
While some companies have built reputations on organic, cruelty-free face masks and bath products, these are often expensive and inaccessible to many people.
Fortunately, we’ve got a recipe for an all-natural, moisturizing and cleansing facial cream that goes all the way back to Ancient Greece – this simple formula can be made with organic ingredients, all of which are easily found at either your local grocery store.
Give it a try and see the difference a homemade, natural facial cleaner makes, as opposed to expensive store-bought soaps and creams – we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
2,000-Year-Old Lotion Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 8 tablespoons grated beeswax
- 200 ml of almond oil
- half a cup of rosewater
- In a small saucepan, melt the beeswax, raw honey and almond oil over low heat.
- Once the mixture is melted, allow it to cool slightly and then whisk in the rosewater, adding one drop at a time until the cream is fully saturated with the rosewater. At this point, if the cream begins to bead – don’t panic! Simply stop adding rosewater and continue to stir for a further minute or so as the cream cools down
- Finally, pour the mixture into cleaned and sanitized jars and let it cool completely before placing the lids on top. The cream will lighten in color as it cools.
This makes around 2 small jars and it should last a couple of months in the fridge.
Why It Works
Raw honey has a number of uses in beauty and personal hygiene products. A natural moisturizer, honey is great for dry or oily skin, and can even protect against damage from UV rays.
While beeswax is often taken internally for it’s cholesterol lowering effects, it is also a popular emulsifier and stiffener in cosmetics.
Almond oil is rich in vitamin E and is a valuable moisturizing agent, as well as having anti-inflammatory properties, and containing fatty acids that help combat acne.
Rosewater loosens the cream and gives it a nice, light scent.
Combine these ingredients and you have a gentle, all-natural facial cleanser that you can use every day!
- This is What Happens to Your Body When You Get Angry
Anger is a conundrum of complexities that affect each and every person differently. Are you a road-rager? A passive aggressive? …
- 5 Perfectly Good Reasons Why Your Digestive System Isn’t Working Properly (No. 4 Is a No-Brainer!)
It seems nearly everyone has digestive issues these days. Crohn’s, IBS, colitis, celiac, and dozens of other digestive disorders have …
- Brazil Chicken Farmers Say No To American GMO Corn
Despite mounting evidence against the use of GMO crops, many companies and agricultural agencies insist that they’re safe to use. …
- What You Need to Know Before You Reuse That Plastic Water Bottle
In an effort to be responsible and thrifty, you may reuse a plastic water bottle over and over gain. Why …
- Mainstream Media Finally Admits U.S. Honey Is Contaminated With Glyphosate Weed Killer
When we think of honey, we think of a basic, sweet, nutritious superfood that is delicious, versatile, and a completely …
- The Scoop on Your Poop
It’s a topic that most of us are afraid to ask questions about – what does your poop mean about …
- 8 Things You’re Doing That Drive Your Doctor Crazy
With the availability of information constant and instant, many people are taking their health into their own hands, doing research …
- How To Use The R-I-C-E Method To Quickly Get Rid of Swollen Ankles, Legs And Feet
After a long day up on your feet or a long flight, you may notice that your ankles, legs and …
- How To Use Herbalized Oils In Your Nose To Detox And Flush Out Toxins From Your Brain
Have you ever heard about “Nasya?” It’s considered one the top healing techniques used in Ayurveda. Nasya is the nasal inhalation …
- 420-Pound Man Loses One-Third of His Body Weight by Changing One Habit In His Diet
Losing weight isn’t an easy feat. But it’s certainly rewarding! Maintaining weight loss isn’t just about exercise, it also requires …
- Sugar Identified as a Top Cause of The Global Cancer Epidemic
Nearly every processed food (which accounts for ninety percent of what Americans eat) includes added sugar or artificial sweetener in …
- Are You Feeling Nervous Or Depressed? This Ancient Technique Will Help You Relax In No Time!
Eastern healing methods have really gained traction in the western world recently, despite having been introduced over half a century …
- This Man Is Growing Tomatoes by The Dozens on Auto-Pilot Using ONLY Buckets (And No Electricity!)
Growing tomatoes on auto-pilot without manual labor? How does it work? The Alaska Grow Bucket design is based on a …
- 8 Subtle Signs of Heart Disease That Are Often Missed
Heart disease isn’t always as obvious as we would like to think, and even doctors can miss out on some …
- How To Tell If The Pain Between Your Shoulder Blades Is a Warning Sign Of Cancer
Back pain is incredibly common in adults throughout the world. Whether it’s the strain of sitting down or standing up …