Women often abuse their hair during the everyday styling process.
Heat from straighteners and curling irons as well as harsh chemicals from dyes and styling products wear down the hair shaft over time and damage hair follicles.
This damage not only prevents hair from growing normally, it also causes it to look either dull and lifeless or frizzy and unmanageable.
While most women try to repair this damage through expensive conditioners and creams, these products are loaded with toxins that cause more damage in the long run.
To keep your locks luscious and long, use this natural shampoo instead.
DYI Nettle Shampoo
The ingredients in this shampoo penetrate down into your roots to heal your follicles, moisturize your hair shaft and tame your split ends from the inside out.
It only takes a few weeks to notice a dramatic difference.
Here’s how it works:
1. Castor Oil
Castor Oil is rich in vitamin E, an antioxidant, and ricinoleic acid, an unsaturated omega-9 fatty acid.
Vitamin E helps protect your hair against free radical damage while also keeping it safe from the sun’s harsh rays (1). This is one of the reasons the vitamin is often added to skin care products.
On the other hand, ricinoleic acid hydrates the scalp and hair follicles to prevent hair loss and penetrates deep into the hair shaft to hydrate and repair your locks (2).
When used in hair products, nettle stimulates hair growth by healing damaged hair follicles.
In fact, a clinical trial that involved topical application of nettle to a burn demonstrated a quicker healing rate as well as an increased blood flow to the burned area (6).
It’s no surprise, then, that the plant is commonly used in traditional medicine to treat skin conditions like psoriasis and dry skin.
3. Pantothenic Acid
Pantothenic acid, also known as vitamin B5, binds to the hair shaft to protect it from everyday damage.
How To Make It
- Organic nettle shampoo (500ml)*
- 1-2 Tablespoons of panthenol solution
- Stinging Nettle Extract (25ml)
- 2-3 Vials Vitamin B Complex
- Castor Oil (50ml)
* You can buy this shampoo online or at your local health food store or make it yourself!
Other ingredients on this list are typically available at most drug stores and health food stores.
- Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator.
- To use, shake the jar and add a tablespoon of the mixture to your hair. It won’t soap up like conventional shampoos do, so you’ll have to gently massage it into your scalp for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and follow-up with a natural conditioner.
Tip: Because panthenol acts like a natural silicone, it’s a good idea to rinse your hair with a cleaning solution once a week to prevent build-up.
Also, since this shampoo is a natural product, your hair may feel a little more oily at first. Resist the urge to break out the chemical shampoo and let your scalp adjust. Within a month, you’ll notice visibly shinier and thicker hair.
This rinse helps break down the buildup from hair care products that clogs hair follicles and inhibits hair growth.
To make this rinse, simply combine 1 cup of water with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar pour it over your head whilst closing your eyes. Massage the mixture into your scalp and let it sit for 5 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat once a week for best results.
- 8 Risk Factors For Heart Disease That Are Often Ignored
The majority of individuals believe that high cholesterol can lead to heart disease, but there are many other factors at play …
- Orgasm Hard To Add Years To Your Life
Good news for just about everyone who wants to live longer: having more orgasms might tack years onto your life. …
- Animals’ Antibiotic Consumption Surpasses That Of Humans, Creating More Resistant Bacteria
Due to over-prescribing, many important antibiotics don’t work anymore. Antibiotic resistant bacteria are on the rise and have been for …
- Fact or Fiction? Alcohol Can Help You Lose Weight
A recent study has found some interesting results – that moderate drinkers are often thinner than those who don’t touch …
- Beware of The #1 Cause of Acute Liver Damage
Raise your hand is you’ve ever taken Tylenol. Chances are, you probably have some in your medicine cabinet and rely …
- How To Get Rid of Excess Water Weight In 3 Days
There are many reasons why your body holds on to excess water weight. It doesn’t do this to spite you. In …
- DIY Lip Scrub: 26 Easy Ways To Say Goodbye To Chapped Lips
What if it was ridiculously easy to make a DIY lip scrub at home and not worry about artificial chemicals? Cracked …
- Do These 5-Minute Morning Rituals To Supercharge Your Mind And Body
Everyone wants their day to start on a positive note. However, that’s not always possible. How do you work out a morning …
- How To Use Fermented Rice Water For Long And Healthy Hair
How you style your hair can change the shape of your face. And for many women, hair is also a …
- 11 Best Herbs for Flushing Belly Fat, Removing Toxins and Skyrocketing Metabolism
Losing weight is hard enough on its own, so why not get a little support to boost your metabolism and …
- How to Effectively Remove a Painful Ingrown Toenail WITHOUT Having To Go To The Doctor
If you ever suffered from an ingrown toenail, then you know that it’s not only super painful, it’s also hard …
- 7 Signs That SIBO Might Be The Root Cause of Your IBS And How To Treat It
You may have never heard of Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), neither has most of the medical community. In fact, …
- Costco Is Buying Over A Thousand Acres Of Land For Local Farmers To Grow Organic Produce
Costco isn’t exactly where you’d think of shopping for natural products, but they certainly starting making their mark on the …
- How To Get Silky Smooth Feet With This Natural Treatment Using Baking Soda
Soft, well groomed smooth feet are important to many woman. With uncomfortable shoe designs, errands to run, and jobs that …
- 6 Paleo Egg Replacements To Use In Your Baked Goods
Eggs are the foundation of healthy cooking and baking. Their high fat and protein content make them an ideal binding …