Women often abuse their hair during the everyday styling process.
Heat from straighteners and curling irons as well as harsh chemicals from dyes and styling products wear down the hair shaft over time and damage hair follicles.
This damage not only prevents hair from growing normally, it also causes it to look either dull and lifeless or frizzy and unmanageable.
While most women try to repair this damage through expensive conditioners and creams, these products are loaded with toxins that cause more damage in the long run.
To keep your locks luscious and long, use this natural shampoo instead.
DYI Nettle Shampoo
The ingredients in this shampoo penetrate down into your roots to heal your follicles, moisturize your hair shaft and tame your split ends from the inside out.
It only takes a few weeks to notice a dramatic difference.
Here’s how it works:
1. Castor Oil
Castor Oil is rich in vitamin E, an antioxidant, and ricinoleic acid, an unsaturated omega-9 fatty acid.
Vitamin E helps protect your hair against free radical damage while also keeping it safe from the sun’s harsh rays (1). This is one of the reasons the vitamin is often added to skin care products.
On the other hand, ricinoleic acid hydrates the scalp and hair follicles to prevent hair loss and penetrates deep into the hair shaft to hydrate and repair your locks (2).
When used in hair products, nettle stimulates hair growth by healing damaged hair follicles.
In fact, a clinical trial that involved topical application of nettle to a burn demonstrated a quicker healing rate as well as an increased blood flow to the burned area (6).
It’s no surprise, then, that the plant is commonly used in traditional medicine to treat skin conditions like psoriasis and dry skin.
3. Pantothenic Acid
Pantothenic acid, also known as vitamin B5, binds to the hair shaft to protect it from everyday damage.
How To Make It
- Organic nettle shampoo (500ml)*
- 1-2 Tablespoons of panthenol solution
- Stinging Nettle Extract (25ml)
- 2-3 Vials Vitamin B Complex
- Castor Oil (50ml)
* You can buy this shampoo online or at your local health food store or make it yourself!
Other ingredients on this list are typically available at most drug stores and health food stores.
- Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator.
- To use, shake the jar and add a tablespoon of the mixture to your hair. It won’t soap up like conventional shampoos do, so you’ll have to gently massage it into your scalp for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and follow-up with a natural conditioner.
Tip: Because panthenol acts like a natural silicone, it’s a good idea to rinse your hair with a cleaning solution once a week to prevent build-up.
Also, since this shampoo is a natural product, your hair may feel a little more oily at first. Resist the urge to break out the chemical shampoo and let your scalp adjust. Within a month, you’ll notice visibly shinier and thicker hair.
This rinse helps break down the buildup from hair care products that clogs hair follicles and inhibits hair growth.
To make this rinse, simply combine 1 cup of water with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar pour it over your head whilst closing your eyes. Massage the mixture into your scalp and let it sit for 5 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat once a week for best results.
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- 9 Pesticide-filled Teas You Should Never Buy (and the Kind You Should!)
Tea is one of the most popular drinks enjoyed around the world. Americans drink up to 80 billion cups of …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- The EXACT Amount of Epsom Salts You Should Be Adding to Your Bath Based on Your Weight
Epsom salt may look like salt, but it’s actually magnesium sulfate, a mineral compound (1). Epsom salt can be used …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …
- 16 Delicious Foods That Burn Belly Fat and Support Weight Loss
Obesity is a way-to-common problem in America and throughout the world. In fact, according to the Nation Health Institute, in …
- How Only 15 Minutes of Walking Can Change Everything
Walking is the most ordinary thing a human can do. Unless we have a physical impairment, we take this activity …
- Here’s What You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Baking Soda (From Fighting Heartburn To Cancer)
Baking soda is one of those things that can do pretty much anything. Whether you use it for cleaning, personal hygiene …
- Try the World’s 7 Easiest Exercises for Back Fat and Underarm Flab
Fitness is a whole-body state. Muscle strength and tone along with cardiovascular health go together to complete the picture. No …
- Remove All Toxins From The Body In 3 Days (Prevent Cancer, Excess Fat And Water Retention!)
If you’re feeling tired or sluggish, it may be time to cleanse and detox your body. Things like stress, poor …